Be a Supporter!

The-Great-OneThe-Great-One

Main News Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 105 Fans

262 audio Reviews with Responses

The American Child The American Child

"An uplifting fanfare of birth and life" yeah that pretty much sums it up.

The start sounds like something you would hear in a Presidential candidates advertisement. However once we hit 0:34 it becomes something else. I guess you could say that the beginning is entering the world and then we embrace it of what is to come. The universe coming to be in a short synopsis so to speak. This is an amazing piece and seems to bring hints of another one of your song "The Last Game". All in all, a wonderful little piece, I enjoyed it very much.

Bosa responds:

Wow, we're going back in time aren't we? 'The Last Game' -- now that's one of my songs that hasn't been mentioned in a few years.

It's good to hear from you again. I always enjoy your storytelling and creative input in your reviews.

Isis Isis

The one thing that comes to my mind is an Egyptian ice pyramid. Strange and peculiar, but fascinating at the same time. The images in my mind are very bizarre when listening to this song. I loved listening to it from beginning to end, I do feel that it did become a bit repetitive, but at the same time I could be accepting of that as well due to the concept of this song.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

I'd love to see an Egyptian ice pyramid, but I'm not sure how long it would survive in that climate. :)
Your gentle criticism is duly noted; I will try to be more sensitive regarding repetition in future submissions.

-+[Lonely Bard Lyrical]+- -+[Lonely Bard Lyrical]+-

It is beautiful to hear your voice again my fair Lady. Lying back and closing my eyes, tears came to my eyes. You are the best singer here on Newgrounds topping even that of Hania Lee. The lyrics are haunting and match well with the bard's strumming to make for a bard's song. I would love to hear more bard songs from you in the future actually, perhaps one that is cheerful. Not to say that I don't care for this sad song, we all need a sad song now and again, it's just you did this so well I would love to hear another tale.

LadyArsenic responds:

Ohhhhh stop it you! <3

Now there's actually a story about the Lonely Bard. This is not the first Lonely Bard piece, and I'm very sure that it won't be the last. One night, when I was trying to sleep as most composers aren't supposed to ever do, I SNAPPED awake in a cold sweat with this melody playing in my head. I ran to my studio and composed it as fast as I could. Some weeks, later, the same thing happened and I had to write a redux. Then another.... ....Then another.

This melody followed me around everywhere I went, haunting me and making me write different variations of it until I almost had an entire soundtrack's worth of it. So one day I sent it to my sister, a poet and very good lyricist, and asked her what she thought of this story. She said the melody was nice, and thought nothing of it.

The next night she woke up in a cold sweat just like me, the melody plaguing her. So she wrote these lyrics, and told me I needed to make this or we'd never feel any closure from this stupid reoccurring melody.

So in reality of it all, the Lonely Bard *is* real, and he lives in this piece. Haunting us, forever.

Anyway, I'm really glad you liked it! I might start posting again some time later, dunno. But I really needed to share this tale with as many people as I can! :)

_-={When Gods War}=-_ _-={When Gods War}=-_

Why would this be cut out? It is an outstanding theme. I can just see this ferocious battle between Zeus and Hades. As lightning strikes from the sky and the undead rise from the depths of the underworld, mere mortals on their inhabiting blue marble have nowhere to run or hide as they are nothing more than mere landscape as their world is used as a battleground between the living who live far better than even that of a king, and a darkly figure who has the power over the dead, but wishes for more. The battle becomes fierce with time, sides are chosen, powers are put at stake, love becomes hate and retribution becomes a struggle to survive.

Twas three minutes I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

MaestroRage responds:

basically, you've written out all the emotions I wanted to portray :3!

So high five on epic all around. Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it.

Sacred Combat Sacred Combat

I like what you have here, but it needs more. I like the incorporation of the drums with the piano, but I feel that you need something else in there, possibly some strings to help compliment the drums, as the piano does, because the drums do indeed shine here. I do like what you got going here though.

Chrillbill responds:

Thanks for the constructive criticism! :)

His Right as King His Right as King

A bloodthirsty ruler, hell bent on destroying the lands in an order to keep his throne. To govern his kingdom through fear, truly a wonderful theme for a tyrant. Would love to see an update, but if a full song such as this keeps with a broadening harsh tone to it then I see it will be overwhelming. Some somber moments would be wise in a song for such a king. Evil or not, all kings do ponder.

Bosa responds:

An interesting notion. I will consider it!

ECHO - Eye of the Dragon ECHO - Eye of the Dragon

I feel as if I am on the Great Wall listening to the tales from an old man about the era of which dragons and samurais swept throughout the world on a code of honor. Sitting back and listening to this song from start to finish was truly a treat. The start of the song was nice, but it was a while before I could actually stamp an idea on what the song is, also once we crossed the epic part of the song we went into a serene finish that resembled the start of the song. It would have been nice to hear some more Asian culture instruments in this, but what you have delivered is quite good.

Echo responds:

More asian instruments would've been nice yes, but then I'd have been pushing the requirements of the MAC since they require an orchestra and not a lot of instruments outside an orchestra.

Tks for the review :)

Erik Scerri
- Echo Productions

Dwarves in Space Dwarves in Space

I don't know, the opening had was pretty bland to be honest, but as it kept going I could slowly overtime see many a dwarf in space fighting on the moon, racing through the stars, mining the rings of Saturn, laying waste to elves in a war over Pluto and challenging the sea folk of the planet Neptune. All in all this song captivated my ears and my imagination. A veritable Middle Earth in the havens above the clouds and beyond. Everything just flowed so smoothly and was a treat to hear. Kudos to you sir, kudos.

Jazza responds:

thank you! you're so great

The Knight's Fanfare The Knight's Fanfare

No Main Theme

I don't see it as a main theme either, but it is certainly a fun loop that loops perfectly. I like it. It would be great for a castle theme or even a military scene. It works so well.

Kwing responds:

Thanks, sounds like you really like it :D

JBI - Flying Under the Moon JBI - Flying Under the Moon

Bravo! Magnifico!

Wow, this was just amazing. I love Opera and the musical melodies that accompany them. The singing and music were all around wonderful for my ears. You state in your Author Comments that you really appreciate the awesome ones who take time to rate or review. Well The-Great-One just took the time to listen, rate, and review your song and, I absolutely love it!

reel2 responds:

HAHA! Thank you The Great One! I'm glad you decided to review my song.