Be a Supporter!

The-Great-OneThe-Great-One

Main News Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 106 Fans

Hero Hero

I'm a bit mixed here. Although I did enjoy the story and the animation, I have to say that the design of the buildings, items, and characters are a bit lazy at times. Also the pacing on this was a bit fast, right when I saw the scientist grab the jet pack and saw the bomb at the bank I already knew how the rest of this story was going to play out. I can appreciate animation that can tell the whole story without words, but I think this would have been suited with some voice acting. There are no sound effects, which I think there should have been, plus the music although good, didn't fit with the animation. I still liked it though, the story was really sold me on it, even though the pacing wasn't done well.

*Good Artwork
*Great Animation
*Okay Music
*Superb Story

*No Sound

urbfilms responds:

Thank you for the honest review. I was aware of the pacing, but didn't know how to make it better. And yeah, I just liked the song, but I can see how it doesn't fit. Also for the backgrounds, I don't have photoshop, so I had to draw it with flash, which was terrible. Thanks for the review!

Blume Blume

This was absolutely beautiful. The story was really got to me, it is a wise tale of a holiday that many celebrate, but do not know why. I wished you would have delved deeper into this including the different games and feasts they have, but at the same time I think it would have taken away from the message. The world presented here is very beautiful. The narration is just perfect, complimented by Hania's Haru Song it makes for an amazing story. I loved this.

*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Perfect Score

Slaves of Farmville Slaves of Farmville

Although it seems a bit late since most of the Farmville hype is gone from Facebook, I still found this to be creative and funny. Instead of just taking jabs at Farmville, you mainly focused on the players. I liked how you used the whole idea of slavery and different Facebook users tilling the fields. I also liked how Zynga was using Facebook to see what different players would want as well. The voice acting was perfect, if I were to nitpick I would say that I would have liked a deeper southern drawl on the Zynga Master, but that's about it. The music choices were great and so were the sound effects. Using The History Channel and real events in history to tie it together with Farmville was just amazing writing. It makes me want to see more events like these tied together with other Facebook games, like the Mafia Wars game. Overall, I loved this from beginning to end. It was stellar writing, characters, and animation.

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Sound
*Superb Music

ADASport responds:

Thank you very much for such a profound review. Yes it is a bit late. We have actually created it back in 2011 on posted on Youtube. And recently decided to share with Newgrounds as well.

A New Holiday A New Holiday

Pretty nifty I must say. The artwork and animation are very lazy, I know it was what you were going for, but a lot of stick movies that appeared on Newgrounds were a bit better and there was a lot more going on that I think you missed when putting this together. I liked the idea and the vintage presentation of it, but that's about it really.

*Okay Animation
*Superb Voice
*Superb Music
*Superb Story

*Needed More

ForNoReason responds:

I agree with all of that. Thanks much man!

Down to Earth Down to Earth

I wanna start with the positives first. The artwork and animation are beautiful! You have done some great work here. The music was a great choice, but I think you could have made a better choice from the Audio Portal. The story though is where I got confused. The Earth and the Moon get in a fight, the Moon leaves. Misses the Earth and then comes back. An interesting idea, but not conveyed well.

I decided to read your Author's Comments to see what I may have missed and I pretty much hit the nail on the head. You state that without being able to have facial features or dialogue, that is no excuse. You can tell a great story without words or faces and you have failed to do so here. You did this to get the handle of Blender and it paid off, but I think you focused more on working with Blender than anything else really.

*Great Music
*Okay Story

*Story - Not Executed Well

Pahgawk responds:

Thanks! You're absolutely right about my focus. Hopefully the next thing I make will be a little better rounded.

Holiday Holiday

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't get it. The most I got was that he lost someone special and that this someone haunts him every year. Nothing much is explained beyond that. The voice acting although good is hard to hear over this music, which feels out of place. The artwork and animation are quite nice. This movie just left me confused, the story wasn't paced well and you left me in the dark for quite a bit. Mystery is nice, and it makes the viewer intrigued, but execution is everything, and this was executed poorly.

*Great Artwork

*Bad Story
*Music - Too Loud
*Voice - Too Soft

francisyfl responds:

Theres not much to understand, the guy s just crazy, and hes going throught a crazy day, hes imagining 60% of everything you saw, why ? i dont know, ya tell me . Its a thing, not everybody has to get it . Hm, i thought the audio was fine, i took a day just to do a bunch of tests with different levels of volume on each track of audio, hm, i dont know, i ll keep experimenting for next time.

Generic Anime Episode #2 Generic Anime Episode #2

This was a bit better than the previous one. The artwork is still unimaginative, the animation is still very poor, the sound effects were better. The voice acting isn't good, you really need to get some voice actors here on Newgrounds or at the very least a better microphone. The writing this time around was hard to understand due to the voice acting, I had to watch it twice to get anything, and even then it was quite short and didn't really go anywhere. I think you need to work on your pacing a bit, slow down and take your time. Again, there is a lot of potential here... its just not going anywhere.

*Okay Sound
*Okay Story

*Bad Animation
*Bad Voice

Generic Anime Episode #1 Generic Anime Episode #1

The artwork and animation I thought was a bit lackluster. I think you could have spent more time on this. The voice acting wasn't too great, but the dialogue was fast paced and funny in terms of making fun of anime. The sound effects weren't all that great either, a bit clunky and static. I think there is potential here, but the delivery just didn't do it.

*Okay Voice
*Good Story

*Bad Animation
*Bad Sound

Animals of the Metropolis Animals of the Metropolis

Wow, now this was really good. First off the artwork and animation are quite superb. The colors, the shadows, the expressions, it is all wonderfully done. The music choice from the audio portal fit this movie like a glove. The voice acting top notch, the sound as well is top notch, but what really sells this is the writing. This literal interpretation of an elephant in the room is done so beautifully through these chosen words. I really have nothing much too complain about, my only wish was for it to be longer. Taking real life situations and turning them into crimes, thus with an elephant in the room to expose the skeletons in the closet. Kudos to you sir.

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Voice
*Superb Sound

Out of Order 1 Out of Order 1

Wow. Rarely am I speechless, but damn was this good! I loved the idea of an entire society solving their problems with chess, as time goes by though, the one rule is taken out and therefore anarchy and chaos ensues. This dystopia that you have presented here is simply gorgeous. Instead of being dark and ruined it shows that just because the world is in ruin doesn't mean it is robbed of its color.

The story is not only a bit dark, it is funny to... you hit the nail on the head with this dark humor with the use of these colorful yet still threatening characters. The voice acting for this is also spot on, so kudos to each of the voice actors in this. I am intrigued to learn more about these different characters seeing as we only got the name of one of them being "Bro".

The music choices were wonderful and fit each scene appropriately. The sound effects were also done very well making me feel like I was there. When that shuttle went down I truly did feel the impact that it had. This was a marvelous piece of animation and I can't wait to see more.

*Masterful Animation