The-Great-OneThe-Great-One

Main News Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 132 Fans

10 ways to kill a zombie 10 ways to kill a zombie

Growing Up Madness

I am a big Madness fan so I was quite disappointed by this. First off, in your description you note gore and violence. Not bad, but you put censor bars over what appear to be some violent and gory moments. I would call that laziness. Which your animation is a bit jittery. Your transitions from noting the next "way" is slow. With better pacing and smoother flowing animation this could have been pretty neat and funny. There are also spelling errors in this, which some I'm guessing were intentional. Some intentional spelling errors are nice, I feel like I'm reading a five year old's statuses on a Facebook post. The music choice was nice, a classic track from the Madness series. I think you missed an opportunity for getting a remix from the Audio Portal. The sound effects ranged from okay to just good.

All in all, I didn't laugh, smile, chuckle, or really enjoy this at all. It was all just pretty meh. You've got some experience though and I feel you can certainly grow over time.

*Good Artwork
*Good Sound

|| Bad Points ||
*Bad Animation

Sinmara Saga Sinmara Saga

And Then You Die...

I always wondered how well a JRPG would translate over to a fighting game. If all the movements were done so quickly. We start off at a normal state of affairs, here's something you probably shouldn't bother yet, but you're going to anyways because you feel strong enough and thus we enter the battle. I loved the artwork and animation on this, it is absolutely perfect. The fluid motions on each character was just amazing to watch from beginning to end for each and every movement.

The sound effects to were spot on. The music was fitting for the title screen, field area, and I was afraid that you would switch to something grandiose for the actual fight scene, thankfully though you kept with the same theme of the past songs as well, the only difference was the change of quality from the video game world to the anime world, which as a fan of JRPGs it was like I knew exactly what was being played out.

My only nitpick is that I wish you would have switched back and forth between the anime scene and the video game scene, that would have been cool to see, but I must admit that after seeing this whole battle and seeing 9999 above the character's head and they just fall over and die was hilarious. Overall this is fantastic!

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

The Price of Living The Price of Living

Listen To That Money Talk!

Where to begin with this one. The artwork I thought was quite nice and the animation flowed smoothly, but still a bit sharp, which I liked. The music I thought was good as well, a little melancholy throughout it fit nicely though. The thing I really like about this was the story, I haven't had something make me cringe like that in quite a while. It reminds me a bit of Felix Colgrave's movie on here "The Pigpen", a similar concept with a widely different message, which I liked yet feel you kind of got lost along the way. The characters are money, he rips money from himself to pay for things, and yet he is given money. A small flaw, but the only one here I can find. All in all, a delightful movie.

*Great Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Great Sound
*Superb Story

1 Minute Personality Test 1 Minute Personality Test

Evaluation: Awesome Game

It took me a minute to realize that the NPCs are randomly generated, once I had that figured out it became all about what I could do within the game. What if I did this, this and this, what result would I get. One thing I found out was if you kill the hostage and defuse the correct bomb, then the game's music will stop, but the game will keep going. It won't end for some reason. If I leave the building and go eat ice cream afterwards, then the bomb will explode. Weird.

The game looks simple, but I figure that's what you were going for in a way. We're playing a personality test. The music was good and the sound effects were nice to. I loved all of the different evaluations, they were funny and got me to laugh. I ended up getting all of the medals! I want to see more from you!

*Superb Presentation
*Great Sound
*Masterful Concept
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

Shword Shword

Shword From Sha Shtone!

I want to start off by saying I loved how this game looked. It was simplistic and crude, yet engaging at the same time. Minimalism is one of my favorite traits and I love the armed turtles and psychotic destruction of the adorable walking enemies. The music and sound effects were both spot on. There wasn't really a story to this game, which I would have liked to be honest due to the world we're in. The gameplay though was absolutely amazing. It was like a simplified portal, but with more focus on the platforming aspect than the puzzle solving. I noticed after I had beaten a level that I could go back and beat it a different way. I really wished that this game was longer because I was really getting into it. Kudos to you sir! Can't wait to see more!

*Masterful Presentation
*Superb Sound
*Superb Music
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

(none)

Authentic Octopus Game (Demo) Authentic Octopus Game (Demo)

Game Boy Octopus

I wanna start off by saying that I love the dialogue in this game. It was witty and fun. Although not always clear as to the characters being here or the ordeal of the area I can excuse this because it is indeed a demo and not fully fleshed out.

The gameplay is fun, but the controls certainly were not. A to jump, S to shoot your weapon, D to switch weapons, and F to interact with stuff were all fine, but why do I need to push a separate button to do my double jump? I like that the double jump also equals as an air dodge that is a very clever idea, but I don't like that it is tricky to full off. Why couldn't I just push A twice?

The music is fun and takes me back to playing a Game Boy. That along with the presentation. I like the part where I am shown the future. It is like advertising your game as well as showing you what is to come. Quite the combo without taking the player out of the immersion. All in all, this was a very fun game.

*Superb Presentation
*Superb Sound
*Superb Music
*Good Controls
*Superb Gameplay

*Controls - Extra Button For No Reason

squidly responds:

Well the interesting part is that there already IS another double jump that you need to press A to use. The final thing here is that you actually get 3 jumps, with the air dodge typically being your last because it puts you into a helpless state.

Thank you so much for the review!

_-={This Sacred Place of Ours} _-={This Sacred Place of Ours}

Come with me on a journey, to an unprecedented world. Without fear, without worry, but instead with knowledge and with reason. A place where at the end of the day you can truly rest in peace. I loved this peace. The abrupt end was a bit distracting and it seemed like it could have worked out better as a loop. Overall though it was great.

Les Mis the Confrontation Les Mis the Confrontation

I now absolutely love you! Pulling off two characters at once and you did a phenomenal job at it as well. I love Les Miserables and I am not one to make requests, but I would love to hear you sing Stars (my favorite song from Les Mis), I do not wish to strain your already busy schedule though. An awesome piece!

The American Child The American Child

"An uplifting fanfare of birth and life" yeah that pretty much sums it up.

The start sounds like something you would hear in a Presidential candidates advertisement. However once we hit 0:34 it becomes something else. I guess you could say that the beginning is entering the world and then we embrace it of what is to come. The universe coming to be in a short synopsis so to speak. This is an amazing piece and seems to bring hints of another one of your song "The Last Game". All in all, a wonderful little piece, I enjoyed it very much.

Bosa responds:

Wow, we're going back in time aren't we? 'The Last Game' -- now that's one of my songs that hasn't been mentioned in a few years.

It's good to hear from you again. I always enjoy your storytelling and creative input in your reviews.

Mr Potato - Painting Mr Potato - Painting

I quite like this piece. It holds this Gothic look to a point that is creepy, but at the same time intriguing to the eyes.

the House with a Window the House with a Window

Pretty Nice

As a stand alone piece it's not bad, but it begs to have other buildings and stuff around it. Possibly continue with this piece and branch it outward into a street with other buildings and people.

By itself it's not bad, but it could use more.

HappyYeti responds:

i agree, although, as of yet i'm still undecided about how a street would look, i've tried to make a street several times but i always seem to unknowingly simplify everything and it turns out rather badly...

Newgrounds Art, Noob tribute. Newgrounds Art, Noob tribute.

Sloppy

This won't do for the art portal and I doubt you'll get scouted.

First off that stick figure could stay if he had more detail to him like facial features or something within that lines. Now the tank and the fish. I see what you were going for, but you really could've put more effort into drawing the tank and the fish. I suggest you try a different medium instead of using MS Paint.

COMboy112 responds:

It was supposed to be a missile...
I forgot to add googles to the tank man. thank you for your help