Be a Supporter!

The-Great-OneThe-Great-One

Main News Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 104 Fans

Hero Hero

I'm a bit mixed here. Although I did enjoy the story and the animation, I have to say that the design of the buildings, items, and characters are a bit lazy at times. Also the pacing on this was a bit fast, right when I saw the scientist grab the jet pack and saw the bomb at the bank I already knew how the rest of this story was going to play out. I can appreciate animation that can tell the whole story without words, but I think this would have been suited with some voice acting. There are no sound effects, which I think there should have been, plus the music although good, didn't fit with the animation. I still liked it though, the story was really sold me on it, even though the pacing wasn't done well.

*Good Artwork
*Great Animation
*Okay Music
*Superb Story

*No Sound

urbfilms responds:

Thank you for the honest review. I was aware of the pacing, but didn't know how to make it better. And yeah, I just liked the song, but I can see how it doesn't fit. Also for the backgrounds, I don't have photoshop, so I had to draw it with flash, which was terrible. Thanks for the review!

Blume Blume

This was absolutely beautiful. The story was really got to me, it is a wise tale of a holiday that many celebrate, but do not know why. I wished you would have delved deeper into this including the different games and feasts they have, but at the same time I think it would have taken away from the message. The world presented here is very beautiful. The narration is just perfect, complimented by Hania's Haru Song it makes for an amazing story. I loved this.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

(none)

Slaves of Farmville Slaves of Farmville

Although it seems a bit late since most of the Farmville hype is gone from Facebook, I still found this to be creative and funny. Instead of just taking jabs at Farmville, you mainly focused on the players. I liked how you used the whole idea of slavery and different Facebook users tilling the fields. I also liked how Zynga was using Facebook to see what different players would want as well. The voice acting was perfect, if I were to nitpick I would say that I would have liked a deeper southern drawl on the Zynga Master, but that's about it. The music choices were great and so were the sound effects. Using The History Channel and real events in history to tie it together with Farmville was just amazing writing. It makes me want to see more events like these tied together with other Facebook games, like the Mafia Wars game. Overall, I loved this from beginning to end. It was stellar writing, characters, and animation.

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Superb Sound
*Superb Music
*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Story

(none)

ADASport responds:

Thank you very much for such a profound review. Yes it is a bit late. We have actually created it back in 2011 on posted on Youtube. And recently decided to share with Newgrounds as well.

The Valley Rule The Valley Rule

Knytt Stories?

First impressions this looks rather intriguing. I loved the music and the atmospheric noises with the water streams and birds flying, it was nice. I get a power up that let's me climb and I realize it's just a wall jump really. I instantly think I'm playing Knytt Stories and that would be further confirmed when I picked up an air jump power which is just another way of saying double jump. I am finding triangles that will go towards opening a door at the end.

The concept is just a Knytt Stories clone to be honest, which wouldn't have been as bad if something more interesting was done with it. The controls are fluent and respond quite well. That's pretty much it there in the technical points.

The gameplay is good though except for that last part is a giant wall to scale and this is where I drew the line. Climbing up this wall was not easy and not fun. You can make something difficult and challenging, this went too far. It reminded me why I didn't like fan made levels for Knytt Stories. One slip and it is back down to the bottom to try again. That didn't make me appreciate any skill I put into the game, it was just lazy design at that point, especially when you get to the top of the cliff where there is just one space to jump and you have to hit it right because if you don't, you're doing it again. I noticed in your description that you say you added a save point at the top of the cliff, that doesn't excuse it though. The presentation of the game as a whole was beautiful though even though I had no idea where I was until I read the description, I am beneath the surface. How did I get there? Why am I there? Who is my character? What is my character? I got nothing, but just a game.

This game did seem a bit boring and short for my tastes, I know you had a small time frame to make it, but I've seen better stuff made in 48 hours. I understand this was made for a Ludum Dare and the theme was Beneath the Surface, you could have done much more with this.

*Great Presentation
*Great Music
*Great Sound
*Great Control

*Bad Concept
*Bad Gameplay

Goomy: to the Rainbow! Goomy: to the Rainbow!

This is quite interesting I'll give it that. The characters called Goomys I must say are quite adorable. The worlds that they're in is also adorable, however it lacks any real depth since each area is nothing more than a pallet swap. The power ups I'm not sure what they are or what they do. Some more clarification would be nice, like perhaps a tutorial level or something in the menu to describe the power ups. There really is no story, just a bunch of Goomys going to the Rainbow Land. Why? I don't know because you didn't tell me. The music is okay, it is bouncy and cute, I think you had some missed opportunities though. The sound effects are nice and fit well. The controls are really tight and responsive which I liked, however the gameplay got dull after a while. When I was going through the 2nd level I just got bored with this game. You have aesthetics down pat, there just needs to be more game here.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation
*Good Music
*Great Sound
*Superb Controls
*Okay Gameplay

|| Jeers ||
*Bad Story - Implied A Story (Had None)

ShimoneShimone responds:

Thank you for your feedback!
I am currently working on a help/tutorial that will also explains what the power ups do. I hope to finish it as soon as possible. I wish I could create a story (and that was the original planning) but I have a deadline (March 28th) and I am the only person who is working on this game, so unfortunately there was no time to create a story...

EDIT: Game updated with in-game help/tutorial!

Troll Cannon 2 Troll Cannon 2

First off, besides having troll characters and faces and using troll physics as the goal, there is nothing to this game. It is very simple and mediocre, but will probably garner praise because you used troll faces as a skin and nothing more. Although the presentation of the trolls is nice, the execution of the gameplay is just pitiful. Hit detection is wonky at times and so are shooting the trolls. I didn't understand why I needed to shoot a troll to switch cannons, that just seemed awkward.

Some might think it harsh by me saying that you're using the trolls as nothing more than a skin to garner views and praise. However if you were using them effectively and meant it, you would have at least given us better sound effects. We get some balloon pops and the cannon fire. I don't get why you wouldn't get some funny sounds for when they died or whenever a level was beaten. All we get is them saying OUHC (misspelled of course). I even let the clock run out, since you're timed and it's on a stick of dynamite to see if I would get the classic WTF BOOM! Nope, just a basic explosion that did nothing to the level. The background music was nothing special either, didn't fit the tone of the game.

This is an interesting idea, but it needs a story, it needs fun boss battles, it needs fun sound effects. It needs to be more fun that a half-ass puzzle game with troll faces slapped over it. I haven't played Troll Cannon 1, but judging by this, I don't think I should. What could you have possibly improved on from the first? If you make a Troll Cannon 3, I sincerely hope you put some more effort into it. I urge you to go to the Writing Forum here on Newgrounds and find a writer to write for you.

*Great Presentation
*Good Controls

*Bad Sound
*Bad Music
*Bad Gameplay
*Bad Concept

_-={This Sacred Place of Ours} _-={This Sacred Place of Ours}

Come with me on a journey, to an unprecedented world. Without fear, without worry, but instead with knowledge and with reason. A place where at the end of the day you can truly rest in peace. I loved this peace. The abrupt end was a bit distracting and it seemed like it could have worked out better as a loop. Overall though it was great.

Les Mis the Confrontation Les Mis the Confrontation

I now absolutely love you! Pulling off two characters at once and you did a phenomenal job at it as well. I love Les Miserables and I am not one to make requests, but I would love to hear you sing Stars (my favorite song from Les Mis), I do not wish to strain your already busy schedule though. An awesome piece!

The American Child The American Child

"An uplifting fanfare of birth and life" yeah that pretty much sums it up.

The start sounds like something you would hear in a Presidential candidates advertisement. However once we hit 0:34 it becomes something else. I guess you could say that the beginning is entering the world and then we embrace it of what is to come. The universe coming to be in a short synopsis so to speak. This is an amazing piece and seems to bring hints of another one of your song "The Last Game". All in all, a wonderful little piece, I enjoyed it very much.

Bosa responds:

Wow, we're going back in time aren't we? 'The Last Game' -- now that's one of my songs that hasn't been mentioned in a few years.

It's good to hear from you again. I always enjoy your storytelling and creative input in your reviews.

Mr Potato - Painting Mr Potato - Painting

I quite like this piece. It holds this Gothic look to a point that is creepy, but at the same time intriguing to the eyes.

the House with a Window the House with a Window

Pretty Nice

As a stand alone piece it's not bad, but it begs to have other buildings and stuff around it. Possibly continue with this piece and branch it outward into a street with other buildings and people.

By itself it's not bad, but it could use more.

HappyYeti responds:

i agree, although, as of yet i'm still undecided about how a street would look, i've tried to make a street several times but i always seem to unknowingly simplify everything and it turns out rather badly...

Newgrounds Art, Noob tribute. Newgrounds Art, Noob tribute.

Sloppy

This won't do for the art portal and I doubt you'll get scouted.

First off that stick figure could stay if he had more detail to him like facial features or something within that lines. Now the tank and the fish. I see what you were going for, but you really could've put more effort into drawing the tank and the fish. I suggest you try a different medium instead of using MS Paint.

COMboy112 responds:

It was supposed to be a missile...
I forgot to add googles to the tank man. thank you for your help