View Profile The-Great-One

418 Movie Reviews

Tell Me Bout The Rabbits

I log into Newgrounds one day and decide to see what's on the front page. Naturally a still image of a demonic looking bunny head draws me in. As I'm watching I kind of guess where the story is going to go. I did enjoy the visual cues though, like the marker board in the office cubicle saying "GET OUT OF HERE" on it. The bunny I knew was going to have some secret and at first I thought it would be turning humans into bunnies. Except... no. He's harvesting them for something. I just don't know what though. Tiffany is a fun character in her expressions and mannerisms, the bunny though just stole the show. When I saw him running out of the "Employee Lounge' it got me a little bit, I'm not gonna lie. I would love to see this story continue, at the same time though it doesn't need to. The style of artwork reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog meshed with something else. The animation is done well, the pace is just right. I also love the in-joke with the DK Rap. That got a giggle out of me. All in all, this is a wonderful movie and I look forward in seeing more from you.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

MeghanLuna responds:

I'MFALLINGOUTOFMYCHAIR I'm so happy you liked it so much!! And I'm glad you read the "Terms and Conditions" X) I do plan on doing more work with Tiffany and Bunny Boss ;)
Thank you so much!

#MoarBackhands

The artwork is still the same as last episode, however with newer settings we get to see some more fleshed out areas and they look pretty damn good. The animation though has gotten even better. It seems to be moving faster making the movement more fluent and therefore the comedic timing better as well, it is pretty much perfect. The sound effects are still just as good, the music during the training and of course that credits theme are just as good! The voice acting is better this time around and couple that with the story, it had me laughing from the beginning all the way to the end. Truth be told I did not see that ending coming so I want more of this series.

*Great Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Superb Voice
*Masterful Story

projectanything responds:

#moarbackhands indeed! Thank you for the genourous review we are glad you enjoyed and rest assured there is plenty more to come booooiiiii

Intergalactic Dimensional Pong In Outer Space Multiverse

I thought this was overall pretty good. I can tell watching this that all involved simply had fun making it, and in the end that is what is important. To take pride in one's work, fine your craft, and have fun doing it. It's nice to be reminded of that from time to time. The artwork isn't anything too stellar, the animation on the characters though is what pulled me in. Despite not having expressions, the pantomime in this is just spot on. I know exactly what each character is feeling at any given time. Truth be told I think this could have survived without voice acting. The voice acting needs some work, it doesn't sound bad though it just sounds a bit muddled in the delivery. The sound effects were great, the music I thought was amazing, especially that credits theme! It just tied it altogether in the end which is its purpose. It has the added effect of wanting me to watch it again and again. The story I thought was a bit cutesy at first - as it kept going though I was just laughing my ass off at it. All in all, this was just as much fun for me to watch as I imagine it was to make it. Kudos to you!

*Good Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Good Voice
*Superb Story

164 Game Reviews

Beta

This game looks dull, it feels like something that is still being worked on. Just three screens? With the last one involving a nice little pixel perfect jump? Plus some slippery controls. There was nothing here. Some sound effects would have been nice. Also some background music, we have the Audio Portal filled to the brim with music to choose from. The idea is nice, it's not fleshed out much though. I understand that during Ludum Dare you're on a time limit, but this is just way too short and with little substance.

*Great Concept
*Good Controls

*No Sound
*No Music
*Bad Gameplay

The Little Roomba That Could

The graphics are simple, but I kind of like it that way. What was drawn as a ChargeBot I see as a little Roomba going on an adventure to stay alive. The sound effects more than convince me that it is indeed a Roomba. The music was good, nothing fantastic, but good. Calming, not in your face, and nice for the puzzle aspect. This game kind of took me back to the "Trapped" series here on Newgrounds, you should really expand on this idea in the future. Unfortunately I was not able to beat this game, I got stuck on Level 11. Just could not get to that 7 Charge Space. The controls I liked having the option with, I chose the arrow keys because it was faster for me. My only nitpick is that when I was taken back to the level select screen I had to choose the next level with the mouse and I could not use the arrow keys, again just a nitpick though. A nice fun game with some love put into it. I would love to see this expanded on in the future.

*Superb Presentation
*Good Music
*Superb Concept
*Superb Gameplay

LightWolfStudios responds:

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it! :D

Didn't Like It

The look of this game is absolutely beautiful. If Mega Man X and Sonic the Hedgehog had a baby it would look like this game. The music even matches that aspect beautifully along with the sound effects. However that's about all the positives I could say about this game. The controls are what killed it for me. I tried each control figuration and I still could not get a decent grasp of them. Then there is that barrier of bricks that you have to shoot through which is just tedious as all hell. What's wrong with the classic WASD control style? Move and jump with the arrow keys, shoot with S, dash with D, power toggle with W, and aim up with A. The controls did not make it fun to play which is a shame because this looks like a great idea for a game. Mega Man on a strict time limit.

*Masterful Presentation
*Great Concept

*Bad Controls
*Bad Gameplay

481 Audio Reviews

Now this was awesome! I'm not sure what combat this would be for, if standard I would be against it, but for like an eerie encounter on an enemy or mini-boss that would seem impossible, but just creepy as all get out, I can get behind. There is a track here on Newgrounds entitled "Bushido Blade" that I highly recommend you give a listen to for more influences. This is an awesome track though!

KrianMusic responds:

It's for Sunward Isles combat, that's where it plays

Pretty good I'm not gonna lie. I love the beginning and how it slowly climbs. I was expecting to be hit with epicness right out of the gate, but sadly I wasn't. What I was hit with was still good. Where the song hits at the 1 minute mark I started to feel something there and I was digging it. It's still a great song and I can certainly see the inspiration behind it, I just wanted more from it. Still pretty good though!

Come with me on a journey, to an unprecedented world. Without fear, without worry, but instead with knowledge and with reason. A place where at the end of the day you can truly rest in peace. I loved this peace. The abrupt end was a bit distracting and it seemed like it could have worked out better as a loop. Overall though it was great.

3 Art Reviews

I quite like this piece. It holds this Gothic look to a point that is creepy, but at the same time intriguing to the eyes.

Pretty Nice

As a stand alone piece it's not bad, but it begs to have other buildings and stuff around it. Possibly continue with this piece and branch it outward into a street with other buildings and people.

By itself it's not bad, but it could use more.

HappyYeti responds:

i agree, although, as of yet i'm still undecided about how a street would look, i've tried to make a street several times but i always seem to unknowingly simplify everything and it turns out rather badly...

Sloppy

This won't do for the art portal and I doubt you'll get scouted.

First off that stick figure could stay if he had more detail to him like facial features or something within that lines. Now the tank and the fish. I see what you were going for, but you really could've put more effort into drawing the tank and the fish. I suggest you try a different medium instead of using MS Paint.

COMboy112 responds:

It was supposed to be a missile...
I forgot to add googles to the tank man. thank you for your help

29, Male