View Profile The-Great-One

417 Movie Reviews

There Goes The 100 Acre Wood

This was hilarious! From start to finish I loved it. From the book cover, to the design of Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, and Piglet. I especially loved the social commentary and how you tied it in with this premise. I think you could've gone a little further with it - though I fear that would diminish would you already have. Tigger's voice is a bit off, but damn did you get that laugh down perfect. I also just love that Piglet just squeals. All in all this made me laugh and laugh hard. I see this is your first submission to Newgrounds. Well you've got a bright future here. Keep up the great work!

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Superb Sound
*Superb Voice
*Great Music
*Superb Story

BoiledPajamas responds:

thanks for the critique my dude. can't wait to kick out my next one

Tell Me Bout The Rabbits

I log into Newgrounds one day and decide to see what's on the front page. Naturally a still image of a demonic looking bunny head draws me in. As I'm watching I kind of guess where the story is going to go. I did enjoy the visual cues though, like the marker board in the office cubicle saying "GET OUT OF HERE" on it. The bunny I knew was going to have some secret and at first I thought it would be turning humans into bunnies. Except... no. He's harvesting them for something. I just don't know what though. Tiffany is a fun character in her expressions and mannerisms, the bunny though just stole the show. When I saw him running out of the "Employee Lounge' it got me a little bit, I'm not gonna lie. I would love to see this story continue, at the same time though it doesn't need to. The style of artwork reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog meshed with something else. The animation is done well, the pace is just right. I also love the in-joke with the DK Rap. That got a giggle out of me. All in all, this is a wonderful movie and I look forward in seeing more from you.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

MeghanLuna responds:

I'MFALLINGOUTOFMYCHAIR I'm so happy you liked it so much!! And I'm glad you read the "Terms and Conditions" X) I do plan on doing more work with Tiffany and Bunny Boss ;)
Thank you so much!

#MoarBackhands

The artwork is still the same as last episode, however with newer settings we get to see some more fleshed out areas and they look pretty damn good. The animation though has gotten even better. It seems to be moving faster making the movement more fluent and therefore the comedic timing better as well, it is pretty much perfect. The sound effects are still just as good, the music during the training and of course that credits theme are just as good! The voice acting is better this time around and couple that with the story, it had me laughing from the beginning all the way to the end. Truth be told I did not see that ending coming so I want more of this series.

*Great Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Great Sound
*Superb Music
*Superb Voice
*Masterful Story

projectanything responds:

#moarbackhands indeed! Thank you for the genourous review we are glad you enjoyed and rest assured there is plenty more to come booooiiiii

165 Game Reviews

It's A Game About Nothing! *seinfeld bass*

I loved this. It was fantastic from beginning to end and I see potential for this to be fleshed out more. Each power up gained was useful and at times quite hilarious. I loved the elevator music and the standard music I thought was fun, I was hoping to see it change more throughout the game. When I got to the cannonball area I kept trying to jump the cannonballs and I died multiple times. When I got to the end I got blasted again, then while I was trying to figure out the best strategy to do this I was just fiddling with my limited controls and remembered, oh right I can crouch. The controls were spot on. The humor was amazing. The design and concept of this game were brilliant. I want more.

*Masterful Presentation
*Superb Sound
*Superb Music
*Masterful Concept
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

Great Idea - Bad Execution

This is a bit of a hard one for me. I loved the idea of this game, it reminds me of Robot Wants Kitty, but instead of a large level it is level by level and I like that idea a lot. The different power-ups were nice and how it built your character. The puzzle solving aspect is a great one, but the puzzles weren't as difficult as I was hoping for. That's where I started not liking this game. The level design was not good. I hate one block platforming with a passion. For a game like this in later levels, one or two is fine, yet I keep running into more and more and every time I feel down I hated it more. The sound effects are pretty basic, the overall presentation is nice, nothing to write home about. One sin though is no music. We have a plethora of audio tracks from the Audio Portal to choose from and a multitude of royalty free music sites through the Newgrounds Wiki. There is no excuse. Although I won't be returning to this game anytime soon, I love the idea so much that I am in anticipation if you make a sequel.

*Good Presentation
*Superb Concept
*Great Controls
*Good Sound

*No Music
*Bad Gameplay

Beta

This game looks dull, it feels like something that is still being worked on. Just three screens? With the last one involving a nice little pixel perfect jump? Plus some slippery controls. There was nothing here. Some sound effects would have been nice. Also some background music, we have the Audio Portal filled to the brim with music to choose from. The idea is nice, it's not fleshed out much though. I understand that during Ludum Dare you're on a time limit, but this is just way too short and with little substance.

*Great Concept
*Good Controls

*No Sound
*No Music
*Bad Gameplay

477 Audio Reviews

Now this was awesome! I'm not sure what combat this would be for, if standard I would be against it, but for like an eerie encounter on an enemy or mini-boss that would seem impossible, but just creepy as all get out, I can get behind. There is a track here on Newgrounds entitled "Bushido Blade" that I highly recommend you give a listen to for more influences. This is an awesome track though!

KrianMusic responds:

It's for Sunward Isles combat, that's where it plays

Pretty good I'm not gonna lie. I love the beginning and how it slowly climbs. I was expecting to be hit with epicness right out of the gate, but sadly I wasn't. What I was hit with was still good. Where the song hits at the 1 minute mark I started to feel something there and I was digging it. It's still a great song and I can certainly see the inspiration behind it, I just wanted more from it. Still pretty good though!

Come with me on a journey, to an unprecedented world. Without fear, without worry, but instead with knowledge and with reason. A place where at the end of the day you can truly rest in peace. I loved this peace. The abrupt end was a bit distracting and it seemed like it could have worked out better as a loop. Overall though it was great.

3 Art Reviews

I quite like this piece. It holds this Gothic look to a point that is creepy, but at the same time intriguing to the eyes.

Pretty Nice

As a stand alone piece it's not bad, but it begs to have other buildings and stuff around it. Possibly continue with this piece and branch it outward into a street with other buildings and people.

By itself it's not bad, but it could use more.

HappyYeti responds:

i agree, although, as of yet i'm still undecided about how a street would look, i've tried to make a street several times but i always seem to unknowingly simplify everything and it turns out rather badly...

Sloppy

This won't do for the art portal and I doubt you'll get scouted.

First off that stick figure could stay if he had more detail to him like facial features or something within that lines. Now the tank and the fish. I see what you were going for, but you really could've put more effort into drawing the tank and the fish. I suggest you try a different medium instead of using MS Paint.

COMboy112 responds:

It was supposed to be a missile...
I forgot to add googles to the tank man. thank you for your help

30, Male