The-Great-One

413 Movie Reviews

Why Did This Make Me Cry?

Oh good lord. I mean just damn. Let's start from the top. The artwork in this is simplistic, I think though it fits the overall theme. A bit meta in a way. The animation is pretty good. The music choice being Aeris' theme I thought was a strange choice at first, it just worked with that build up though. Something meant to be sad turned triumphant. The simple story here is just man. I remember being front paged for my writing. I had the same feeling. Although I never pictured the artwork being put on a fridge. That was just a beautiful analogy. It makes me breakout into tears every time I watch this. Bravo man.

*Superb Artwork
*Great Animation

Buster98 responds:

Thanks for the review. Yeah, this thing is far from perfect. Put it together while working my last job. But I'm glad at the very least it was able to resonate with a few people.

Tell Me Bout The Rabbits

I log into Newgrounds one day and decide to see what's on the front page. Naturally a still image of a demonic looking bunny head draws me in. As I'm watching I kind of guess where the story is going to go. I did enjoy the visual cues though, like the marker board in the office cubicle saying "GET OUT OF HERE" on it. The bunny I knew was going to have some secret and at first I thought it would be turning humans into bunnies. Except... no. He's harvesting them for something. I just don't know what though. Tiffany is a fun character in her expressions and mannerisms, the bunny though just stole the show. When I saw him running out of the "Employee Lounge' it got me a little bit, I'm not gonna lie. I would love to see this story continue, at the same time though it doesn't need to. The style of artwork reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog meshed with something else. The animation is done well, the pace is just right. I also love the in-joke with the DK Rap. That got a giggle out of me. All in all, this is a wonderful movie and I look forward in seeing more from you.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Voice
*Perfect Score

MeghanLuna responds:

I'MFALLINGOUTOFMYCHAIR I'm so happy you liked it so much!! And I'm glad you read the "Terms and Conditions" X) I do plan on doing more work with Tiffany and Bunny Boss ;)
Thank you so much!

#MoarBackhands

The artwork is still the same as last episode, however with newer settings we get to see some more fleshed out areas and they look pretty damn good. The animation though has gotten even better. It seems to be moving faster making the movement more fluent and therefore the comedic timing better as well, it is pretty much perfect. The sound effects are still just as good, the music during the training and of course that credits theme are just as good! The voice acting is better this time around and couple that with the story, it had me laughing from the beginning all the way to the end. Truth be told I did not see that ending coming so I want more of this series.

*Great Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Great Sound
*Superb Voice

projectanything responds:

#moarbackhands indeed! Thank you for the genourous review we are glad you enjoyed and rest assured there is plenty more to come booooiiiii

165 Game Reviews

Rhythm and Blues

I am unfortunate enough to not be good at rhythm games. I can't keep in rhythm with a beat. I am however great at memorization. All I have to do to get good at this game is get far enough into the song to where I can know where the arrows are pretty much gonna go and either die or barely make it. Then I jump back in and just unleash. That takes a lot of time for me to do so I typically stay away from rhythm games. However I just had to give this game a shot.

Dance Dance Revolution is the obvious comparison here. I think that is misguided though. I find it more similar to PaRappa The Rapper than DDR. The difference, and a huge difference at that, is that this has the Newgrounds flair. With iconic Newgrounds characters. The whole thing isn't just Newgrounds characters though that would be a bit too much. The controls are responsive which although important in every game it is one of the most important in a game like this.

Not too much going on in sound effects, which is okay, because the music steals the show and a focus on sound effects would get distracting and confuse the player. The scales are tipped towards the music end and that's where it needs to be. Speaking of which, the music. That's what made me finally get around to playing this game more. The music in this game is phenomenal! It probably is the biggest draw to this game. Which the music could have been any songs from the Audio Portal. Each rendition for each battle though is fantastic! The story, I can honestly take or leave. It's nothing too spectacular, but not bad either. Right there in the middle.

Although not my genre of game, too much memorization for me, that's just me though. I can certainly see why this is popular and has picked up so much steam on Newgrounds and abroad. It is wonderful, simply wonderful.

*Masterful Presentation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Great Story
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

It's A Game About Nothing! *seinfeld bass*

I loved this. It was fantastic from beginning to end and I see potential for this to be fleshed out more. Each power up gained was useful and at times quite hilarious. I loved the elevator music and the standard music I thought was fun, I was hoping to see it change more throughout the game. When I got to the cannonball area I kept trying to jump the cannonballs and I died multiple times. When I got to the end I got blasted again, then while I was trying to figure out the best strategy to do this I was just fiddling with my limited controls and remembered, oh right I can crouch. The controls were spot on. The humor was amazing. The design and concept of this game were brilliant. I want more.

*Masterful Presentation
*Superb Sound
*Masterful Concept
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

Great Idea - Bad Execution

This is a bit of a hard one for me. I loved the idea of this game, it reminds me of Robot Wants Kitty, but instead of a large level it is level by level and I like that idea a lot. The different power-ups were nice and how it built your character. The puzzle solving aspect is a great one, but the puzzles weren't as difficult as I was hoping for. That's where I started not liking this game. The level design was not good. I hate one block platforming with a passion. For a game like this in later levels, one or two is fine, yet I keep running into more and more and every time I feel down I hated it more. The sound effects are pretty basic, the overall presentation is nice, nothing to write home about. One sin though is no music. We have a plethora of audio tracks from the Audio Portal to choose from and a multitude of royalty free music sites through the Newgrounds Wiki. There is no excuse. Although I won't be returning to this game anytime soon, I love the idea so much that I am in anticipation if you make a sequel.

*Good Presentation
*Superb Concept
*Great Controls
*Good Sound

*No Music
*Bad Gameplay

482 Audio Reviews

Being from South Carolina I must admit, I liked the song. I thought it was gonna get heavy there at the beginning, it was pretty subdued and basic. Much like my home state is.

50Steaks responds:

Nah, I haven’t really made anything “heavy” before, unless you count New Jersey which I really don’t. I definitely went for the laid back feel, not necessarily basic but more subdued like you said. Now that people from the states I make are listening, I hope I’ve done it justice within the 2 minute length of the song.

Oooh. I love the rhythm to this. That beat is just fantastic. The sense of dread at the beginning that something is about to go down and what is meant to be a scuffle slowly escalates more and more until things are out of control. A slow burn, creating a large fire. Then it goes too far, and things scatter as those left around have to put the pieces back together. Yet there is still an unease to it all.

I like it. My only criticism is that the beginning I felt dragged. It takes 30 seconds before we hit the juicy part. That's really it though.

3 Art Reviews

I quite like this piece. It holds this Gothic look to a point that is creepy, but at the same time intriguing to the eyes.

Pretty Nice

As a stand alone piece it's not bad, but it begs to have other buildings and stuff around it. Possibly continue with this piece and branch it outward into a street with other buildings and people.

By itself it's not bad, but it could use more.

HappyYeti responds:

i agree, although, as of yet i'm still undecided about how a street would look, i've tried to make a street several times but i always seem to unknowingly simplify everything and it turns out rather badly...

Sloppy

This won't do for the art portal and I doubt you'll get scouted.

First off that stick figure could stay if he had more detail to him like facial features or something within that lines. Now the tank and the fish. I see what you were going for, but you really could've put more effort into drawing the tank and the fish. I suggest you try a different medium instead of using MS Paint.

COMboy112 responds:

It was supposed to be a missile...
I forgot to add googles to the tank man. thank you for your help

31, Male