View Profile The-Great-One

413 Movie Reviews

Tell Me Bout The Rabbits

I log into Newgrounds one day and decide to see what's on the front page. Naturally a still image of a demonic looking bunny head draws me in. As I'm watching I kind of guess where the story is going to go. I did enjoy the visual cues though, like the marker board in the office cubicle saying "GET OUT OF HERE" on it. The bunny I knew was going to have some secret and at first I thought it would be turning humans into bunnies. Except... no. He's harvesting them for something. I just don't know what though. Tiffany is a fun character in her expressions and mannerisms, the bunny though just stole the show. When I saw him running out of the "Employee Lounge' it got me a little bit, I'm not gonna lie. I would love to see this story continue, at the same time though it doesn't need to. The style of artwork reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog meshed with something else. The animation is done well, the pace is just right. I also love the in-joke with the DK Rap. That got a giggle out of me. All in all, this is a wonderful movie and I look forward in seeing more from you.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

MeghanLuna responds:

I'MFALLINGOUTOFMYCHAIR I'm so happy you liked it so much!! And I'm glad you read the "Terms and Conditions" X) I do plan on doing more work with Tiffany and Bunny Boss ;)
Thank you so much!

#MoarBackhands

The artwork is still the same as last episode, however with newer settings we get to see some more fleshed out areas and they look pretty damn good. The animation though has gotten even better. It seems to be moving faster making the movement more fluent and therefore the comedic timing better as well, it is pretty much perfect. The sound effects are still just as good, the music during the training and of course that credits theme are just as good! The voice acting is better this time around and couple that with the story, it had me laughing from the beginning all the way to the end. Truth be told I did not see that ending coming so I want more of this series.

*Great Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Great Sound
*Superb Voice
*Masterful Story

projectanything responds:

#moarbackhands indeed! Thank you for the genourous review we are glad you enjoyed and rest assured there is plenty more to come booooiiiii

Intergalactic Dimensional Pong In Outer Space Multiverse

I thought this was overall pretty good. I can tell watching this that all involved simply had fun making it, and in the end that is what is important. To take pride in one's work, fine your craft, and have fun doing it. It's nice to be reminded of that from time to time. The artwork isn't anything too stellar, the animation on the characters though is what pulled me in. Despite not having expressions, the pantomime in this is just spot on. I know exactly what each character is feeling at any given time. Truth be told I think this could have survived without voice acting. The voice acting needs some work, it doesn't sound bad though it just sounds a bit muddled in the delivery. The sound effects were great, the music I thought was amazing, especially that credits theme! It just tied it altogether in the end which is its purpose. It has the added effect of wanting me to watch it again and again. The story I thought was a bit cutesy at first - as it kept going though I was just laughing my ass off at it. All in all, this was just as much fun for me to watch as I imagine it was to make it. Kudos to you!

*Good Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Great Sound
*Good Voice
*Superb Story

166 Game Reviews

Rhythm and Blues

I am unfortunate enough to not be good at rhythm games. I can't keep in rhythm with a beat. I am however great at memorization. All I have to do to get good at this game is get far enough into the song to where I can know where the arrows are pretty much gonna go and either die or barely make it. Then I jump back in and just unleash. That takes a lot of time for me to do so I typically stay away from rhythm games. However I just had to give this game a shot.

Dance Dance Revolution is the obvious comparison here. I think that is misguided though. I find it more similar to PaRappa The Rapper than DDR. The difference, and a huge difference at that, is that this has the Newgrounds flair. With iconic Newgrounds characters. The whole thing isn't just Newgrounds characters though that would be a bit too much. The controls are responsive which although important in every game it is one of the most important in a game like this.

Not too much going on in sound effects, which is okay, because the music steals the show and a focus on sound effects would get distracting and confuse the player. The scales are tipped towards the music end and that's where it needs to be. Speaking of which, the music. That's what made me finally get around to playing this game more. The music in this game is phenomenal! It probably is the biggest draw to this game. Which the music could have been any songs from the Audio Portal. Each rendition for each battle though is fantastic! The story, I can honestly take or leave. It's nothing too spectacular, but not bad either. Right there in the middle.

Although not my genre of game, too much memorization for me, that's just me though. I can certainly see why this is popular and has picked up so much steam on Newgrounds and abroad. It is wonderful, simply wonderful.

*Masterful Presentation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Great Story
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

It's A Game About Nothing! *seinfeld bass*

I loved this. It was fantastic from beginning to end and I see potential for this to be fleshed out more. Each power up gained was useful and at times quite hilarious. I loved the elevator music and the standard music I thought was fun, I was hoping to see it change more throughout the game. When I got to the cannonball area I kept trying to jump the cannonballs and I died multiple times. When I got to the end I got blasted again, then while I was trying to figure out the best strategy to do this I was just fiddling with my limited controls and remembered, oh right I can crouch. The controls were spot on. The humor was amazing. The design and concept of this game were brilliant. I want more.

*Masterful Presentation
*Superb Sound
*Masterful Concept
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

Great Idea - Bad Execution

This is a bit of a hard one for me. I loved the idea of this game, it reminds me of Robot Wants Kitty, but instead of a large level it is level by level and I like that idea a lot. The different power-ups were nice and how it built your character. The puzzle solving aspect is a great one, but the puzzles weren't as difficult as I was hoping for. That's where I started not liking this game. The level design was not good. I hate one block platforming with a passion. For a game like this in later levels, one or two is fine, yet I keep running into more and more and every time I feel down I hated it more. The sound effects are pretty basic, the overall presentation is nice, nothing to write home about. One sin though is no music. We have a plethora of audio tracks from the Audio Portal to choose from and a multitude of royalty free music sites through the Newgrounds Wiki. There is no excuse. Although I won't be returning to this game anytime soon, I love the idea so much that I am in anticipation if you make a sequel.

*Good Presentation
*Superb Concept
*Great Controls
*Good Sound

*No Music
*Bad Gameplay

480 Audio Reviews

I absolutely loved this. I loved how it kept climbing more and more as it progressed. The vocals I liked, but they seemed to overpower the song a bit. Not by much, but a bit. This is something I feel you're gonna look back on and remix. Which I am eager to hear.

FLAVOUR-STAR responds:

Thank you very much. :) I will probably adjust it. :D

OMG I LOVE YOU

HAVE MY BABIES!

VoicesByCorey responds:

Oh, The Simpletons love YOU, TGO. As long as it's consensual, we're in ;)

This was really pleasant. At its slow start I was expecting it to grow into something bombastic, it didn't though. There was a slow build and it stayed mellow throughout. I wish we had some other genres on here because this definitely has some bossa nova vibes throughout and it was just nice throughout.

4 Art Reviews

I thought it was a really nice piece and went to vote and it fucking scared me. I didn't notice it was a .GIF. Sonofabitch blinked and caught me off guard.

I quite like this piece. It holds this Gothic look to a point that is creepy, but at the same time intriguing to the eyes.

Pretty Nice

As a stand alone piece it's not bad, but it begs to have other buildings and stuff around it. Possibly continue with this piece and branch it outward into a street with other buildings and people.

By itself it's not bad, but it could use more.

HappyYeti responds:

i agree, although, as of yet i'm still undecided about how a street would look, i've tried to make a street several times but i always seem to unknowingly simplify everything and it turns out rather badly...

Male