View Profile The-Great-One

All 413 Movie Reviews

121 w/ Responses

Not Bad At All

Your artwork was a bit mediocre, but still quite good, you didn't really play around with this as much as I expected artwork wise. The animation was great as well, but not a lot there, but what is there is great. The main thing was the storyline which was a parody. Subtle humor is here and you did quite well with this, an excellent storyline indeed. All in all a decent flash.

*Good Artwork
*Great Animation
*Quite Humorous
*Great Sound

Gustavos responds:

Alright cool, no bad points. In your scoring system, 7 means great if I remember.

Thanks for the reveiw.

Entertaining...

This certainly was entertaining... it was hard to keep up with because the text bubbles would move by at a fast rate and so it was hard to read it all. However I got kind of enough out of it to know what was going on. As for the storyline, with the text moving fast all I got was a deathmatch between two girls who loved Troy... and that's pretty much it. If you were trying to throw any jokes in here then I can tell you that they were either cheesy or not funny... I'm gonna believe they were supposed to be like that to reflect the actual movie High School Musical, but you could've done a bit better. The artwork was really great, but where you came home with was the animation. Each character moved swiftly and each movement was timed perfectly. The sound was also quite good and for this flash I don't think voices were necessary, but would've been interesting. Overall an entertaining flash movie, I would say parody, but I don't think this is an actual parody seeing as how you didn't pull anything from the movie to make fun of, all we got was a Celebrity Deathmatch episode with some more scenery and back-story.

*Great Artwork
*Great Sound
*Good Story

*Text Bubbles Too Fast
*Not Really A Parody

LordHayden responds:

I respect your opinion on it not being a parody, but I think it is because the real HSM guys would never do things like. In fact, killing somone would give Gabriella (the cookie that she is) a heart attack. The amusement of this lies in how it would be like if it were to happen in the real movie.
Thanks.

Outstanding in Every Way

This is rotoscope, but still artwork and animation at it's finest. You had to trace everything frame by frame and make sure it would all animate well together. If that isn't old fashioned animation work I don't know what is. The sound is magnificent and must have taken a few hours to mold altogether. As for the storyline, it's a music video, nothing more and nothing less than what is presented. Truly a masterful flash animation.

*Masterful Story
*Outstandingly Done

An amazing series

Truly a captivating series that has started from beginning and gone so far. With much done this is truly yet another masterful work. The artwork, animation, sound, and were all masterful... and the story was nothing short of superb. However I do believe the ending wasn't as I really expected it to be, but it was great either way around.

Not Bad

It was a decent sprite movie, however when Mario approached the tombstones, music stops... okay, but after that there were no sound effects or music of any kind whatsoever. Your sprite work is quite good as well as your animation skills, but you just didn't give it your full potential. Also the storyline was understandable, but rather boring.

*Great Animation
*Good Sound
*Okay Story

Mariofan9 responds:

I thank you. It was my very first sprite movie, as you know. The music was supposed to stop by then, also.

Simply Brilliant!

I actually thought I was watching a flash made by Egoraptor. Well the artwork and animation were quite suitable for Egoraptor's Awesome Theme, and the sound was downright suberb. What made this flash what it is however, are the jokes. I especially loved both jokes at the end. A very superb flash indeed.

Truly, Awesome

Your artwork and animation were very well done in this, and you did basically captured just about everything in this game. Although this was short, too short, I was expecting more jokes about Blathers and the Museum, Copper and Booker at the Police Station, as well as Crazy Redd and Gracie. However all in all you did parody the things in which needed to be parodied in that game. You also delivered superb sound and hilarity!

*Great Story

*Too Short

Better Than The First

This beats the first Metal Gear Awesome by far. From beginning to end a joke around each and every turn. The end was also quite hilarious. The artwork was cleaned up a bit as well as the animation, from the first Metal Gear Awesome. All in all this is what a sequel is supposed to be. I'm just hoping you won't kill it when you make it a trilogy (if you decide to).

*Outstandingly Hilarious!

Funny, Very Funny

I must say this certainly is probably the most hilarious thing I've seen in quite a while. The artwork was a bit lacking though, but I believe you meant for it to be that way to add comedy to the flash. Your animation fit well with the artwork. The ending certainly made me bust out laughing. The sound was perfect as well as each and every joke. Splendid job!

Truly Masterful

Well let's get started. First off your artwork is truly masterful, I can tell you spent a lot of time and effort in making this. The animation was also fantastic. This certainly is no motion-tween flash movie. The sound was perfect down to the voices and the background feel. What really gets me is the storyline, simplistic, yet bland. A story of two friends who differ with one another. I would like to see more from both of these guys in the near future. A masterful flash movie indeed.

*Masterful Story