View Profile The-Great-One

125 movie Reviews with Responses

All 418 Reviews

Tell Me Bout The Rabbits

I log into Newgrounds one day and decide to see what's on the front page. Naturally a still image of a demonic looking bunny head draws me in. As I'm watching I kind of guess where the story is going to go. I did enjoy the visual cues though, like the marker board in the office cubicle saying "GET OUT OF HERE" on it. The bunny I knew was going to have some secret and at first I thought it would be turning humans into bunnies. Except... no. He's harvesting them for something. I just don't know what though. Tiffany is a fun character in her expressions and mannerisms, the bunny though just stole the show. When I saw him running out of the "Employee Lounge' it got me a little bit, I'm not gonna lie. I would love to see this story continue, at the same time though it doesn't need to. The style of artwork reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog meshed with something else. The animation is done well, the pace is just right. I also love the in-joke with the DK Rap. That got a giggle out of me. All in all, this is a wonderful movie and I look forward in seeing more from you.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Perfect Score

MeghanLuna responds:

I'MFALLINGOUTOFMYCHAIR I'm so happy you liked it so much!! And I'm glad you read the "Terms and Conditions" X) I do plan on doing more work with Tiffany and Bunny Boss ;)
Thank you so much!

#MoarBackhands

The artwork is still the same as last episode, however with newer settings we get to see some more fleshed out areas and they look pretty damn good. The animation though has gotten even better. It seems to be moving faster making the movement more fluent and therefore the comedic timing better as well, it is pretty much perfect. The sound effects are still just as good, the music during the training and of course that credits theme are just as good! The voice acting is better this time around and couple that with the story, it had me laughing from the beginning all the way to the end. Truth be told I did not see that ending coming so I want more of this series.

*Great Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Great Sound

projectanything responds:

#moarbackhands indeed! Thank you for the genourous review we are glad you enjoyed and rest assured there is plenty more to come booooiiiii

I'm a bit mixed here. Although I did enjoy the story and the animation, I have to say that the design of the buildings, items, and characters are a bit lazy at times. Also the pacing on this was a bit fast, right when I saw the scientist grab the jet pack and saw the bomb at the bank I already knew how the rest of this story was going to play out. I can appreciate animation that can tell the whole story without words, but I think this would have been suited with some voice acting. There are no sound effects, which I think there should have been, plus the music although good, didn't fit with the animation. I still liked it though, the story was really sold me on it, even though the pacing wasn't done well.

*Good Artwork
*Great Animation
*Okay Music

*No Sound

urbfilms responds:

Thank you for the honest review. I was aware of the pacing, but didn't know how to make it better. And yeah, I just liked the song, but I can see how it doesn't fit. Also for the backgrounds, I don't have photoshop, so I had to draw it with flash, which was terrible. Thanks for the review!

Although it seems a bit late since most of the Farmville hype is gone from Facebook, I still found this to be creative and funny. Instead of just taking jabs at Farmville, you mainly focused on the players. I liked how you used the whole idea of slavery and different Facebook users tilling the fields. I also liked how Zynga was using Facebook to see what different players would want as well. The voice acting was perfect, if I were to nitpick I would say that I would have liked a deeper southern drawl on the Zynga Master, but that's about it. The music choices were great and so were the sound effects. Using The History Channel and real events in history to tie it together with Farmville was just amazing writing. It makes me want to see more events like these tied together with other Facebook games, like the Mafia Wars game. Overall, I loved this from beginning to end. It was stellar writing, characters, and animation.

ADASport responds:

Thank you very much for such a profound review. Yes it is a bit late. We have actually created it back in 2011 on posted on Youtube. And recently decided to share with Newgrounds as well.

Pretty nifty I must say. The artwork and animation are very lazy, I know it was what you were going for, but a lot of stick movies that appeared on Newgrounds were a bit better and there was a lot more going on that I think you missed when putting this together. I liked the idea and the vintage presentation of it, but that's about it really.

*Okay Artwork
*Okay Animation

*Needed More

ForNoReason responds:

I agree with all of that. Thanks much man!

I wanna start with the positives first. The artwork and animation are beautiful! You have done some great work here. The music was a great choice, but I think you could have made a better choice from the Audio Portal. The story though is where I got confused. The Earth and the Moon get in a fight, the Moon leaves. Misses the Earth and then comes back. An interesting idea, but not conveyed well.

I decided to read your Author's Comments to see what I may have missed and I pretty much hit the nail on the head. You state that without being able to have facial features or dialogue, that is no excuse. You can tell a great story without words or faces and you have failed to do so here. You did this to get the handle of Blender and it paid off, but I think you focused more on working with Blender than anything else really.

*Masterful Artwork
*Great Music
*Okay Story

*Story - Not Executed Well

Pahgawk responds:

Thanks! You're absolutely right about my focus. Hopefully the next thing I make will be a little better rounded.

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't get it. The most I got was that he lost someone special and that this someone haunts him every year. Nothing much is explained beyond that. The voice acting although good is hard to hear over this music, which feels out of place. The artwork and animation are quite nice. This movie just left me confused, the story wasn't paced well and you left me in the dark for quite a bit. Mystery is nice, and it makes the viewer intrigued, but execution is everything, and this was executed poorly.

*Great Artwork

*Bad Story
*Music - Too Loud
*Voice - Too Soft

francisyfl responds:

Theres not much to understand, the guy s just crazy, and hes going throught a crazy day, hes imagining 60% of everything you saw, why ? i dont know, ya tell me . Its a thing, not everybody has to get it . Hm, i thought the audio was fine, i took a day just to do a bunch of tests with different levels of volume on each track of audio, hm, i dont know, i ll keep experimenting for next time.

Your usual style is still present here, however if I'm not mistaken, you seem to have grown more with your artwork and animation. When I read the title, I was excited to see Death make a return and I wasn't disappointed. Not only that, but he was accompanied by these other three colorful characters. The music that was just playing through this was a bit bland, but that ending theme was just amazing. The voice acting is hilarious and the pacing of this is wonderful, I had no clue what they were gonna say or do next. This is just begging to be made into a series, possibly a battle with Raptor Jesus, but that's just me wishing. All in all, a wonderful little movie that made me laugh today.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks great one. i would like to see these guys meet raptor jesus too actually.

The artwork was great on the two kids, but the Zelda looked awesome, really top notch. The animation flowed smoothly from beginning to end, even though there wasn't a lot going on it still worked.

The music was a bit bland it was just there, nothing to spectacular and didn't really add or take anything away from the movie. The voice acting was great though, kudos there. The sound effects were minimal, but still good as well.

The story was just... stupid. It's a parody on the different PSA's that came at the end of shows like Captain Planet, G.I. Joe, and Sonic the Hedgehog, that I get. However I don't see the purpose of Zelda doing this. Why Zelda? Why this subject of using the word gay as an insult to begin with? All it does is set up a joke which isn't all that funny at the end. There is no such thing as a bad idea, but this could have been more. If you were going to parody PSA's and use Zelda in the first place, why didn't you just go with The Legend of Zelda TV show? The writing here was poor and doesn't pace itself well, it's just lazy and immature.

Overall the it does look nice, but it doesn't present itself well. You know what you're doing in terms of art and animation, but I would suggest looking into getting a writer.

*Good Music
*Good Sound

*Bad Story

LewToons responds:

"It's a parody on the different PSA's that came at the end of shows like Captain Planet, G.I. Joe, and Sonic the Hedgehog, that I get. However I don't see the purpose of Zelda doing this. Why Zelda? "

I really don't think you understand those PSAs at all haha

Why is Flint at this soccer game? ^^

The point is the characters are meant to be role models and it doesn't matter who shows up or what the context is.

But I do appreciate the in depth review - Even if it is for a cartoon about homeless guys suckin' each other off.

Ape Escape Meets Grand Theft Auto

Well the artwork and animation are superb as always Mr. Lobster. The sound effects were layered in nicely and don't upset the song in anyway. The voice acting and the song are purely masterful, sheer perfection. It told a cool little random story and your characters are just as hilarious as always, I like the introduction of Hernando, Fernando's brother, also is it just me or did Randy get slimmer? Some workout regime perhaps? All in all this made me smile from ear to ear so I quite enjoyed myself and can't really see any flaws here.

|| Good Points ||
*Masterful Music

|| Bad Points ||

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks great one.
i didn't consciously draw randy slimmer - there's a lot of rich foods on the island though, maybe now she's left...

29, Male