View Profile The-Great-One

All 418 Movie Reviews

125 w/ Responses

Hilarious!

I found this quite hilarious! However the sound was a bit off, but not too badly. Some gags were funny, but not the best jokes, but it made for build up for bust out laughing. It all came together quite well. As for the animation for other parts of the flash like the coins or the bouncy ball, maybe you could've added that as well, but you made up for it with the comedy.

*Very Funny

(none)

Bomber109 responds:

Thanks.

The sound is off due to some glitch where the best remedy is to code to the sounds in. However, then the preloader doesn't work as well.

No Previews

Do not use Newgrounds to just showcase previews. If it's a Demo Version, it can be understandable, but no previews, it doesn't give us a whole lot. Use the NG Alphas to showcase your previews.

|| Points Disabled ||

Hmm...

Well your sprite work wasn't that bad, believe me I've seen worse. You put the effort into your sprite work, but the storyline was a bit bland. It's different from other Mario storylines, it didn't try to copy anybody else's... it was your own material, so I respect you for that. Your next work I am really hoping will be something great.

*Good Story

*Bit Boring

Funny, Very Funny

This was quite the funny flash, but a some points in the beginning a bit mediocre. Your starter jokes gave me a chuckle, but you could've done better. As for your others classic and hilarious.

*Very Funny

(none)

Jammin Story Telling

Nicely done, nicely done indeed, not bad either. The artwork could've been a little bit better especially with the knife. The animation ran very smoothly with the theme you were going for you did great. It told a story and an interesting at that. This is one flash movie I wouldn't mind watching again.

*Great Artwork
*Superb Story
*Very Interesting

*Minor Improvements

MarcyVF responds:

Thanks! We appreciate reviewers like you :)

Not Getting Better...

Although your sprite work was a bit better, I must say it was a bit ugly... the only good things were the action scenes and the music, it seems like those were the only two you put any or at all effort into. Also what happened with where you left off last time, what happened to all those Koopatrols from the first one? This says it's the second one in the series by the title so I assumed I'd be watching the second one. What's going on?

*Sprites Great

*Bad Artwork
*Storyline Unknown Now
*Text Boxes

Bored Me...

You basically bored me. First off your trying to hard to reference to Alvin-Earthworm's creation, try something a bit more original next time. Also though your work with sprites isn't bad you could still make it a bit more pleasing to the eye, the room where Prof. E. Gadd was wasn't too pretty. Also the scene where Mario and Luigi were walking out of the lab, what's the point of that scene? The music choices were okay, but then again you could've lurked more through the Audio Portal than what you did. The beginning you have the Preloader over the title and then after it loads you click play and there's the title and the play button, why have the title there twice? The last thing is going to be a spell check, if you don't know how to spell a word then use spell check or get a dictionary. Also you could've done better work for those textboxes.

*Good Animation
*Great Music

*Bad Story
*Originality = Not So Much
*Backgrounds Not Pleasing

Creepy, Scary, Glitch?

Yes there is a glitch. The credits music keeps looping when you go to replay the movie. Other than that I very much enjoyed this... it was creepy, I was expecting one of those stupid overused screamers, but it was in fact creepy nostalgia on it's own. Alice certainly is an odd character and I wouldn't mind you continuing this into a series. Your artwork was nothing more than just superb, the sound was superb as well with your choice of music, but I think you could've picked something else for the credits. As the last note in detail, a very nice flash just fix that glitch.

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Story
*Scary Nostalgia

*Glitch - Music at Credits

M1K3-B responds:

Wow, thank you very much. As for the music, sorry. You can just close it and open it again for a quick fix. I'll fix it when i get some time. Thank you again.

Funny, then weird.

Well the joke was quite funny, however after the joke was basically told when three mysterious creatures appear out of nowhere within the dark, that's all we got... nothing else. Your artwork was nice, and the sound superb. Plus the animation ran very smoothly. A nice flash altogether. The storyline was a parody, but the ending was the only complaint I have.

*Good Artwork
*Funny

*Confused Story (Ending)

Psychopath responds:

Yeah it is confusing. Unless you've seen the movies and then the rest from there is just confusing. Thanks I appreciate it.

A Certain Appeal

This flash, being your first I'm guessing, has a certain appeal to it. I find it quite easy to make fun of suicide as you have here and I must say you did a very nice job on making fun of trying to commit suicide. However... the ending is what I didn't understand, it is what took the story of this flash, the comedy, the fun, and turned it into something serious. As said by VenomKing666 "What the hell is happening ?"
Your artwork, sound, and animation were all superb down to the last detail, but it's just the story that didn't get me... if this is supposed to be satire then you hit the nail on the head. If it's supposed to be a tragic comedy then you almost got it... the only question that is left to mind is the ending, you didn't give enough.

*Superb Artwork