View Profile The-Great-One

All 413 Movie Reviews

121 w/ Responses

Funny, Very Funny

This was quite the funny flash, but a some points in the beginning a bit mediocre. Your starter jokes gave me a chuckle, but you could've done better. As for your others classic and hilarious.

*Very Funny

(none)

Jammin Story Telling

Nicely done, nicely done indeed, not bad either. The artwork could've been a little bit better especially with the knife. The animation ran very smoothly with the theme you were going for you did great. It told a story and an interesting at that. This is one flash movie I wouldn't mind watching again.

*Great Artwork
*Very Interesting

*Minor Improvements

MarcyVF responds:

Thanks! We appreciate reviewers like you :)

Not Getting Better...

Although your sprite work was a bit better, I must say it was a bit ugly... the only good things were the action scenes and the music, it seems like those were the only two you put any or at all effort into. Also what happened with where you left off last time, what happened to all those Koopatrols from the first one? This says it's the second one in the series by the title so I assumed I'd be watching the second one. What's going on?

*Sprites Great

*Bad Artwork
*Storyline Unknown Now
*Text Boxes

Bored Me...

You basically bored me. First off your trying to hard to reference to Alvin-Earthworm's creation, try something a bit more original next time. Also though your work with sprites isn't bad you could still make it a bit more pleasing to the eye, the room where Prof. E. Gadd was wasn't too pretty. Also the scene where Mario and Luigi were walking out of the lab, what's the point of that scene? The music choices were okay, but then again you could've lurked more through the Audio Portal than what you did. The beginning you have the Preloader over the title and then after it loads you click play and there's the title and the play button, why have the title there twice? The last thing is going to be a spell check, if you don't know how to spell a word then use spell check or get a dictionary. Also you could've done better work for those textboxes.

*Good Animation
*Great Music

*Bad Story
*Originality = Not So Much
*Backgrounds Not Pleasing

Creepy, Scary, Glitch?

Yes there is a glitch. The credits music keeps looping when you go to replay the movie. Other than that I very much enjoyed this... it was creepy, I was expecting one of those stupid overused screamers, but it was in fact creepy nostalgia on it's own. Alice certainly is an odd character and I wouldn't mind you continuing this into a series. Your artwork was nothing more than just superb, the sound was superb as well with your choice of music, but I think you could've picked something else for the credits. As the last note in detail, a very nice flash just fix that glitch.

*Scary Nostalgia

*Glitch - Music at Credits

M1K3-B responds:

Wow, thank you very much. As for the music, sorry. You can just close it and open it again for a quick fix. I'll fix it when i get some time. Thank you again.

Funny, then weird.

Well the joke was quite funny, however after the joke was basically told when three mysterious creatures appear out of nowhere within the dark, that's all we got... nothing else. Your artwork was nice, and the sound superb. Plus the animation ran very smoothly. A nice flash altogether. The storyline was a parody, but the ending was the only complaint I have.

*Good Artwork
*Funny

*Confused Story (Ending)

Psychopath responds:

Yeah it is confusing. Unless you've seen the movies and then the rest from there is just confusing. Thanks I appreciate it.

A Certain Appeal

This flash, being your first I'm guessing, has a certain appeal to it. I find it quite easy to make fun of suicide as you have here and I must say you did a very nice job on making fun of trying to commit suicide. However... the ending is what I didn't understand, it is what took the story of this flash, the comedy, the fun, and turned it into something serious. As said by VenomKing666 "What the hell is happening ?"
Your artwork, sound, and animation were all superb down to the last detail, but it's just the story that didn't get me... if this is supposed to be satire then you hit the nail on the head. If it's supposed to be a tragic comedy then you almost got it... the only question that is left to mind is the ending, you didn't give enough.

*Great Story
*Funny

*Ending... Confused

Hilarious!

I must say I don't know why you have issues with this, although you really didn't top the first one... nobody really can top there original creation (except The Godfather) You made relevant jokes to the first TANKMEN and you made some new jokes as well that have become memorable on the BBS. The artwork and animation were done quite well and your music selection was great. The Bonus Scene was also funny.

(none)

Not Good

This wasn't good man, but at the same time it wasn't the worst for a beginner. First off your animations were quite good and your artwork isn't too shabby either. However there was no sound, no story, and it was way too short to really be that entertaining. I'll admit you're not that bad with flash and this isn't a bad start, you can certainly improve over time with learning, as well as trial and error.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation

*No Story
*No Sound
*Way Too Short

sneekyboy responds:

thank you nice review i will admit im not that good yet but i am still learnin :) i will get better

A Dark Message?

Obvious this was intended to be a dark piece, however I didn't quite get the message you were trying to share with us today. Your artwork and animation skills are quite superb and I enjoyed the background audio, but I just don't know what you were trying to tell us.

*Confused Story