View Profile The-Great-One

All 479 Audio Reviews

243 w/ Responses

Hmm...

Yes you do need more build-up. Do not do random sounds unless you're absolutely sure you can pull them together. Maybe make it a little more smooth at the 1:04 mark, this may seem odd at first but trust me you'll have more to build on.

Mrmilkcarton responds:

I've been doing alot of revamping to the build ups. the second build up has changed a fair amount to the one thats up here now. Thanks for the review.

Good...

It's a little off somehow. I'm not sure, but it's off by some. I think you may be missing a note, I could be wrong so don't thrash me, but it just doesn't sound well really that close to the original. It's good I'll admit, but it's not what I was expecting.

A Perfect Loop

This could loop perfectly within anything, and I mean anything. Movie or Game, but probably better use in a game. All I see before my eyes are those three choices...

* Save and Quit
* Save and Continue
* Continue without Saving

kelwynshade responds:

Even more uses. Agreed.

Interesting...

A unique piece my good sir. Although I wasn't exactly connecting with a real familiar vibe with it you basically gave the correct description of the song. Everything but the kitchen sink. I understand how improvising a song can be great, but try improvising a song and then go back and working more on it.

TheWisestMagi responds:

Yeah, I am still thinking about reworking parts of this song..for one at the end I completely forgot to put in the drums >.<.

And yeah, I felt that it was a fairly accurate description seeing how by the time I had 3 vibes I decided to get a few more in there =P.

Thanks for the advice,
~TheWisestMagi~

Well...

The music was very well done I can assure you of this, but the voice was the only thing that really through off the song. Improvising a song isn't bad, but after you do it go back and see what you can fix and improve on. I loved the music, but the voice was your only problem.

L-Jay responds:

OK. I will remove the voice then and replace it with something else. letting my freestyle flow on :D

Do you think it's a good idea to upload the "next version" of the song here again?

Ah, Simplicity

5 A.M. The crack of dawn. The sun slowly crawls up to give a small bearing of light. The farmer awakens, today is another venture onto the field. The hard work he puts himself through knowing he will always prosper from his labor no matter what, that's saying something. 12 P.M. The crack of noon. The sun bearing down from high up. The farmer returns to his farmhouse for lunch. Chicken, mashed taters, and corn on the cob. The farmer also enjoys listening to his family talk amongst themselves. After lunch the farmer returns to the field. 7 P.M. and there is no sunlight. The farmer returns to his house, returns to his bed, for the night's slumber. He dreams of everything and anything in his quiet slumber knowing tomorrow the cycle will always bring something new and with good fortune.

Sorry for writing a story here, I usually write stories for MaestroRage's audio, but this one captivated me. I had saw all this before my eyes as I was listening to this audio. Another magnificent piece from you Bosa if I do say so myself. To tell the truth I believe you have truly out done yourself. Keep up the good work.

Bosa responds:

Thank you for the story. It actually goes along with what I was thinking of, somewhat.

The fact that a farmer's life is a simple one makes this song a tribute to the rare peace that exists in the world today. When I go outside to plow, I realize how simple life can truly be. Without hesitation, without asking the question why, I begin to till. Perhaps everybody should consider what has been said here. Perhaps your lives are needlessly complicated. Perhaps there is a better life for everybody, they just have to realize how simple life can be.

I thank you for this review, and I do hope that others will continue their stories through time, and begin to find the peace they search for so hard, when it's really right in front of them.

-Bosa

Not What I Expected

I was expecting something classical, but this is still good. In fact it is really good. I didn't expect something like this within Brit Pop. You've done an outstanding job on this audio and I can only expect more unique items to come from you.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

The Ball and The Simple Folk

In a kingdom far away a ball is being held. The moonlight dances as do those of elegant wear do. The crisp Autumn air is giving these people a real life fairy tale. In a village so very close, the simple farmers gaze not at the glowing castle, but at the very moon above. It's golden color, the farmers know what time it is. They dawn their labor wear and head out onto the fields. As those in the kingdom are celebrating the harvest moon, the farmers are working with the moon.

You and LadyArsenic have done yet another wonderful job. Not too long or too short, you've made a perfect bit of audio for calming a soul. I can only hope that the world does not take neither of you away.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

MaestroRage responds:

^_^ Mmm... I like that imagery. I think I might have been thinking the same thing, if not something very similar. As for the world taking either of us away, I don't think that'll be any time soon. We're still young and very stupid.
Death does not love us. =/

Thanks again for your kind words. It's what keeps us going it is!
With love,
Lady Arsenic <3

Awesomeness

I enjoyed this very much, however your opening was a bit too long. The vocals were magnificent it shows how much work you put into it. You've done a great job on this audio and I can only expect greater things from you. Also to Kate Lesing, excellent job as well to you.

The Beats...

You've got some nice beats, but at some times your song got a little repetitive. It's good I'll give you that... maybe make an extended version of this next time. Other than that good job.

= TGO =