View Profile The-Great-One

All 477 Audio Reviews

242 w/ Responses

Great Song!

At first I saw a Map Screen instead of that Grassy Field, but as the song kept going I not only saw a Grassy Field, I saw a Vast Meadow enchanted with many different creatures both kind and hateful. It puts a person in the sense of adventure when listening to it. It certainly has captivated my ears. My only question is the title of the song. Don't get me wrong it's unique and it sounds like a great title for the name of a Grassy Field, you know what I'm guessing that's why you picked it. This also loops perfectly which all in all is perfect.

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, Lea means grassland/meadow, and I couldn't really think of a title for it. So instead of "Grassy Field", I decided with Lea =P.

I'm glad you liked it though, it's meant to be the song for when you're walking around in the woods/forest area.

Thanks for the review!

Very Beautiful Indeed

This orchestra sounds a bit happy. A very nice tribute and a great song to listen to. All in all I gave me a happy feeling while listening to it. You did a superb job with the strings I must say. You should certainly do more orchestras in the future... perhaps something with a French Horn?

Dj-Flux responds:

French horn is pretty specific.

I'm sure I'll have the entire orchestra at my disposal to make another piece.

Magnificent

For your first go certainly a wonderful piece. Reminded me of the TV show "Little Bear." I'm glad at least one admin has a taste to make Classical music. Please make more within the future.

Boring

It's just a really boring dance song. Nothing more needs to be said. It was way too repetitive and although the tempo changed (had to wait forever for that) it still wasn't that entertaining to listen to. It made me drowsy to be honest and not in a good way either.

jayther responds:

Haha, I didn't know what genre this song exactly belongs to. What do you recommend?

And yeah, it's not really supposed to be much of an upbeat song. Just some easy listening. It was made for a dance thing, but it's really more of something to just listen to when relaxing.

Finally!

This is what Drum 'N' Bass is supposed to be! I'm finally glad to see a good DnB song here on Newgrounds.

Truly the best drums I've heard in a LONG time. You combined so many atmospheres together showing that a drum set doesn't have to be the only time you can't drum-up a beat. So much was mixed together and I truly enjoyed every single second of this song. Kudos to you good sir, kudos to you.

Times of Peril

I see a group of four warriors out to save what is left of their world. A valiant leader with great power and intellect. A large man of great strength and wisdom. A man of girth with great combat skills and pilot knowledge. Also a crazed individual given all the weapons he could ask for. These four are the determined minds, rejects of the world that outcasted the perfect ones. Relying on those of wiser knowledge. It's sexy to save the world, but how sexy can it be if there isn't much to even grasp at.

Sorry for that little banter above... that's what I imagined while listening to this song. I usually only post my stories on MaestroRage's works, but this really got to me. It twisted and turned within my mind showing epic proportions of fight and courage. You say this sucks... well if this sucks, I would like to know which of your works you consider your best. Truly a remarkable piece if you ask me. Don't stop making music.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

Innovative

Very creative. I could see this in a level... or better yet, a flash game where a music version of Mad World is placed in no lyrics then all of a sudden BAM thrown into an 8-Bit world and with this theme. I could see that happening and just blowing the mind of the player. Great job.

Sounds Forest

Certainly sounds forest, but I probably see it more being used for a town or even like a building level of some sort. A great 8-Bit song overall and it loops perfectly!

krssvr responds:

i couldnt find what it sounded like so i just decided forest in a split second

More Could've Been Done

I enjoy simple, but this was a bit boring. You could've played around with this more than you did. I beg you to take this and add more to it. It was just way too repetitive even for a loop.

ssanthodd responds:

Thanks for the review :D I'll try adding some more on when i have some time. This is just rough draft for now.

Hilarious!

Certainly a funny song, and you're not giving yourself enough credit. You're really not a bad singer I could see you making other great songs on Newgrounds if you haven't already. I can't stop listening to this song and that certainly says a lot about a song.

30, Male