View Profile The-Great-One

All 478 Audio Reviews

243 w/ Responses

Outstanding!

This is a wonderful loop! It loops quite well and is very action packed. I don't think you need to add anymore to this really, it works wonderfully as a loop and can be used for title screens or credits.

I simply loved this, the beats were all great! Keep up the good work!

Manhart responds:

Thanks a lot dude ! Hmm I might just add some minor details to it, and then maybe just leave it as this loop, as you suggest me to :)

Wonderful

I love the use of strings and the subtle pianos it sways so well! I can't wait to see this flash movie. Can't wait to hear more great songs from you in the future.

Poing Poing Poing

I think I might actually have a use for this believe it or not. Well it is short and simple, but it should at least actually loop well.

DJ-Galax responds:

Alright, thanks!

Back in the Day

It really takes me back, and the beats were all wonderful. However I think I prefer the lyrics more than I do the dance music. It's like the dance music is just filler for the lyrics. Anyways it's a wonderful song.

Generic Really

I mean, there really is not much redeeming quality to this song. It's just like any other dance song. It's still nice, but from you I expected much much more than what was given here. It seemed a bit repetitive and the only thing that really got my attention was the piano solo at 1:38. Not bad, but I've seen better from you.

Pretty Good

It has many uses in not only flash animations, but flash games as well. I like this song and I would like to see you experiment more in the Classical genre. Great Job!

Awesomeness

I truly enjoy the song. It's just outstanding to listen to over and over again. It could be used for platformers as well as puzzle games or adventure games. Truly outstanding 8-Bit Work.

MikeTaylor responds:

Thanks a lot Great-One, I'm glad you liked it!

Quite Nice

I wouldn't really consider this a song you would normally listen to, but it would make for a great victory theme in a flash game or movie. It's repetitive, but in a good way, but maybe a little too repetitive. All in all it's a good techno song.

Begin The Game

This sounds like when you start a video game and you're in the town that you must explore, or better yet the opening cutscene, it would suit better for an opening scene since most opening scenes last 5-10 minutes long.

Anyways the beats were all nicely done although it did tend to be a little repetitive, therefore just dragging the song out. You do know your stuff though I will admit that. All in all a great song.

Yodamanjaro responds:

1. It's a trance track. lol
2. It's trance, being repetitive by its nature of its genre.
3. Thank you for your review!

A Brilliant Step Up

I honestly didn't see how you could improve on your song Moments of Inspiration, but with these pointers you certainly have. It sends tingles down my spine every time I listen to this song. I doubt you could improve this song any farther than you have now and to try and do so will only lead you into a cycle of turmoil and you will have only defeated yourself. All in all a wonderful improvement.

KTRECORDS responds:

I always knew that there could be something more done to the song, but I couldn't never find it. Fortunately I asked WF1 if he could give me a few tips and then he just took it to the next level for me. We still pass ideas back in forth on it, so who knows... maybe someday there will be another update, lol!

-Jason