View Profile The-Great-One

All 481 Audio Reviews

244 w/ Responses

Quite Nice

Well for one thing this song did flow quite nicely, it was a nice trance song I must say, but it did seem a bit repetitive here and there. It just seems like you really could've played around with this song some more.

DjZeaklous responds:

Thanks for your input. I tried to keep it basic, but retain the uprising melody

Brilliant!

Simply wonderful from beginning to end. The vocals are very beautiful. Please tell me who is singing and tell me if said person will be singing for your future songs or their own works here on Newgrounds. As for it being out of sync I didn't notice it at all, it sounds just fine to me.

All in all an outstanding song.

Filler Review

This song is meant for filler, which could be useful filler. It's nice and jumpy and as you described it stuff. Something useful for an intermission or even title screen or credits.

Telling The Story

The past is revealed, the prologue is introduced, and after that the story begins. The mighty pen brings forth our heroes journey through Chapter 1. For some odd reason I see Paper Mario while listening to this, is that odd? You and the lady have done quite well on this song Maestro. I truly enjoyed this song through and through and would love to hear the story behind it.

This is more Like It

This sounds like quite the superb boss theme. However if I may say that it seems a bit slow paced, perhaps an adjustment in tempo would suit it more. Then again it is quite good as is. I can see a hero battling a fierce beast. I believe I can sense something of Sephiroth's Theme from this, but that's just me. All in all a great song.

A Complete Rush!

This song is all build-up I will admit it, but that's the point I believe you were going for. This song is called Energy Dance therefore it's a build-up of energy and unleashing it giving the listener a rush! It's just brilliant and I loved every second of it.

syphonmax responds:

Thanks dude =]

Simply Beautiful

The power of the triforce enters. I still know the words by heart. Entreat ye Navi. Sir I can certainly see why you were chosen for this task at hand. Everything just moved so calm and peaceful... I just hope that this fan film doesn't destroy the beautiful music you will produce for it.

I anticipate future works from you good sir on this project.

Generic Commercial Resort - TIME SHARE

I do enjoy this song, and you have captured the generic beauty perfectly. Something you would hear on a commercial for a resort, beautiful beaches and five-star hotels to cater to you. Excellent job!

Lightningpichu responds:

Lol xD so you think I could be a generic time share sellout xD? Anyways thanks :D

A Great Song

This is a great war song, and that's what gets me. It just sounds a bit cliche to me. I've heard this before. When you hear it you instantly think of war and although you served the purpose, I was basically expecting more creativity.

MaestroRage responds:

i'm not going to argue against that TGO. It is rather cliche, the purpose for the piece was pretty hammered down and the action if you play the game is somewhat slow paced. So I couldn't really start making swift segments, and that left only a tense war ambient type of track. And though there's no arguing that even those can be creative, I simply went with the tried and tested method. I was too afraid that if I introduced too many ideas that stood out, it would become tiresome to listen to, too quickly.

Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it :D!

Quite Peaceful

This song does sound quite peaceful I must admit. Like a menu or the awakening before setting out on the journey. Maestro, you and the Lady have done it once again. As you stated "this is the people's passion!" You could'nt be more right in that sense. Outstanding job as always.

MaestroRage responds:

I'm glad you liked it TGO :D! Lady wasn't involved in this project, but i'll be uploading a few songs in the coming days where she was. I'm glad you felt the tune hit the emotion home!

Thanks for the review!