View Profile The-Great-One

All 413 Movie Reviews

121 w/ Responses

Majestic In It's Own Way

It was as if the pages of a person's notebook were turning before my eyes. The randomly drawn doodles interacting through the notebook. Your animation ran quite smoothly and it your choice of how to use random moments was very good. Your artwork was also great for this type of flash and the music choice was superb.
You've done an excellent job on this flash.

*Great Artwork
*Story [ R a n d o m ]
*Kept My Attention

blackcat2000 responds:

Doodles... *drool*
If the moments seemed random, would it explain it if I said I made them up as I animated? ;)
The music was chosen because initially i just wanted to keep the file small, so I chose a loop, and it happened to fit... so i stuck with it! Thanks for the review! :)

Okay Here We Go

To previous users who have reviewed this, just because it looks like a spin-off of LegendaryFrog doesn't mean it is. Both are different on huge scales if you didn't notice. Now then my only complaints are the artwork, animation, and sound. First off your artwork was lacking, not much there to tell the truth, you probably could've done a lot better. Second was the animation, it was a bit lazy when it came to characters and the lips on your characters hardly matched what they were saying from time to time... your moving DNA structure was awesome though. Last but not least the sound quality was bad... no it sucked from beginning to end. Now then the script wasn't bad, everything was explained and detailed in a very nice way, but to tell the truth it wasn't as entertaining as I expected it to be and was a bit confusing, I didn't know if I was watching an Educational movie about DNA or Radioactive Materials. You need serious work on your flash making skills.

*Good Story
*Okay Artwork

*Bad Sound
*Bad Animation
*Confusing

Marvelous!

It's nice to see a good stick fight movie in the portal. I loved the artwork as well as the animation, it flowed really well. Your background music was kick-ass, however your explosion sound effects had a static in them that sucked. Also I do believe this was short, you could've made it longer.

*Great Artwork
*Good Story
*Funny and Awesome

*Sound - Explosions

Reminded Me Of Something...

This reminded me of Ren and Stimpy. The classic cartoon comedy which isn't overboard, but just enough humor to keep you entertained. The animation was superb as well as the artwork. The sound was masterful! The story was great as well. You have done a fantastic job!

*Masterful Sound
*Superb Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Superb Story
*Very Funny

ZekeySpaceyLizard responds:

"This reminded me of Ren and Stimpy. "

Wonderful

You sir have put great effort into this I can tell. I would appreciate it if there were more sound effects like for Mario jumping and such. This should be finished as soon as possible, you've done an outstanding job. Also your preloader was awesome.

*Good Sound
*Great Story

*Sound Effects Needed
*Incompleted

This Needs A Lot of Work

You hardly made any improvements whatsoever. All you did was add an even worse parody at the end. Okay your work with sprites and blood effects need a lot of work, also the crazy way the names of each parody was entering was still fucked up, don't ever do that again. Your music for the parodies and the music for your credits really messed up.

*Nice Idea

*Bad Sound
*Terrible Story
*Bad Animation

Bravo Indeed...

Violent, Idiotic, Funny. You have done very well on this flash and I can't wait for more from this series. An excellent job indeed. The voice acting was great as well as your sound. Your artwork could've been better, but was still nice, same with the animation.

*Great Story
*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Great Sound

Pretty Good...

For your first flash movie this is pretty good. It reminded me of something like TheWeebl. Your artwork was a bit mediocre, but still nice. Your animation was a bit lazy, but also still good. My main reason for adoring this flash is probably the song. Job well done.

*Good Artwork
*Okay Animation

*Animation Bit Lazy

Pretty Good...

I like the first music scene, it was funny, the second one when I heard the music I was expecting something more funny than what you presented, it was good, but there should've been more. The last scene was a bit pitiful really... I don't know why you chose such a hard song to work with, it was basically nothing to tell the truth. Your animation was greatly done, but I'm not going to give you points for artwork since it wasn't yours.

[ Artwork Points Disabled : Art done by JohnnyUtah w/permission ]
*Creative

*Could've Been Better
*Could've Been Longer

SockMyDink responds:

Thanks for the well constructed review.

I know I kinda got lazy on the last scene.

Thanks for the good points, and I'll definately work on a longer, better number 2!

- SMD

Superb

Another Superb Flash. You have done an outstanding job once again. Your artwork has become absolutely perfect, especially with the water work, truly outstanding. Your animation work was also quite magnificent as well. And let's not forget the music... out of all the music you've chosen for the series I do believe this is the best you've chosen, I would love to hear more of Joanna Barrow's work in your Another Day series.

|| Good Points |\