View Profile The-Great-One

All 413 Movie Reviews

121 w/ Responses

Nicely Done...

Your artwork and animation were very well done. Also I enjoyed the story you told. However, your skills of combining the music and voice was a little off. Now then the flash was very good, but it was way too short... if you don't mind could you please finish it?

*Superb Animation

*Voice Acting and Music Not Balanced
*Too Short

Dew responds:

Thanks.

Spot On... Spot On...

This series does have great potential. Although the artwork is sloppy I think it's supposed to be to give it that effect. The 49 Guy is a character that I think will make a stand here on Newgrounds. Now then your animation was well done, to be honest nothing wrong. The graphics were also pretty well done as well. However the voice acting could've been better, but it was alright for what it was.

*Very Funny
*Good Artwork
*Great Sound

*Voice Acting

MagicTree responds:

Thanks for the great review, the voice acting is done through a pretty shit mic and i can't afford a better one but i'll try and improve the next one

Bravo... Very Impressive

Your animation work was very good. I'm not going to judge your artwork due to the fact that this was a tribute. Also your subtitles didn't actually keep up with the character's voices. I loved the music you chose for this, it really captivated the moments in this flash.

*Great Artwork

*Voices Going Faster Than Subtitles

Alright...

Let's start. Your concept was nice, not a bad idea and not a bad title. Your artwork was a bit sloppy, but the moving animation that supported it didn't really make it look too bad, it could've used it a bit more though. Also there was color in your title screen so why couldn't you have had color in the whole flash and not just for the blood and title screen? Also it was way too short and I didn't follow it too much. It was funny I'll give you that, but too short, some background music could've been nice as well.

*Good Animation
*Okay Artwork
*Funny

*Artwork Bit Sloppy
*Too Short
*Animation Could've Used Work
*Color Here - None There. WTF?
*Background Music

Classic and Funny

Revival of a classic joke... brilliant! Your animation and sound worked so good together with your great artwork as well. You've done an excellent job on this flash and we can only hope to see greater and funnier things from you within the future.

*Great Sound
*Great Artwork
*Revival of Funny Joke

Classic Clock Crew

These shorts were funny, but you could've had more shorts. Other than that I loved the animation and the sound was your basic Clock Crew sound effects so nothing really wrong there however judging a flash I have to keep everything fair. After viewing this flash I did enjoy it and would consider watching it again.

*Funny
*Good Sound

*More Shorts
*The Voice (I have to be fair to other flashes)

Pelemus-McSoy responds:

I agree, there should have been more, but the problem is I'm not a natural comedian. I came upon most of the jokes by luck, and the others I managed to pull together.

I'm thinking that if I make another (keyword: if) I'm gonna base them off some of my favourite jokes! :3

Unfortunately for the voices, though, the Clock Crew uses Speakonia, and it has low quality voices, so I could try something radical and call upon a voice actor or two for the next one.

Thanks for the thorough review!

~Pelo

Bravo!

The growth of a tree. How to make a flash about this is a very odd concept, but you have pulled it off. With outstanding animation and a pick of a great song I say you've really done an excellent job. I expect more great things from you in the future, great things.

*Great Audio

Satire Through Art...

The majestic way that you gave the bullet shape, color, and style through animation effects that sync along with the majestic music it moved me. It really did. With the light comedy presentation given to something that is so dark when thought through with great thought put into it. This has been one flash that I have enjoyed and will enjoy again and again within the future. Thank you for creating this flash.

*Superb Animation
*Great Satire

Doesn't Seem Like Months and Months of Labor

First off this is a great idea and could be quite useful, but what you need is to give it more flare to it. Make it more colorful, more shiny! Also a pause button wouldn't hurt either and pictures would also give this greatness as well. You're on the right track you just need to spruce it up.

*Great Idea

*Needs More
*Pause Button Is Essential Need

Nomader responds:

Don't worry. If I ever do make another installment, it'll be quality over crap. I think. :D

I'll try to add the buttons in... it's been a rather large criticism from most of the reviewers here, so I'll see if I can fix it by the next installment.

Thanks for the review!

Helpful Advice

First of all since this is a loop I'm not going to give you anything great out of it. Now then try starting the music when the movie plays instead of at the preloader. Also your work with sprites is great, but I want more of a story with it next time okay. I don't know how to compress mp3 files, but if you venture over to the Flash Forums I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

*Good With Sprites
*Nice Sound

*Put More Together

zagfrog responds:

thx 4 the advice, i'll try & give my next flashes more storyline =)

30, Male