View Profile The-Great-One

All 417 Movie Reviews

125 w/ Responses

Misleading Title

The artwork is great, but the animation was actually lesser than the last episode which disappointed me. The sound is superb once again, but I would like to see a different remix within the next installment, and there are dozens to choose from. However my main gripe is the story. After T E T R I S ' D, I was expecting something really grand. The first one was great with the falling Tetris blocks and the killer robot with the Tetris blocks becoming the downfall of the villain, but this wasn't that good. This was nothing more than a rehash of the first one except with a bigger robot. This turned into nothing more than a stickman fighting a robot, there was hardly anything Tetris about it except the beginning and the end. When you make the third installment it better be a lot better than this.

*Okay Story

|| Bad Points ||
Story - Where's The Tetris?

We Didn't Start The Fire

Your artwork and animation are both good, nice and simplistic from both the fire, the rock, and the smoke, but there really isn't much to grade here now is there. There is no true story except that we see a little fireball get hit by a rock and die. The sound was good, a good background music choice and a nice little sound effect, but not much else. The real problem with this flash is it's way too short. You have an interesting idea here, but didn't really build on it.

*Good Animation
*Good Sound
*Okay Story

*Way Too Short

up-a-notch responds:

he way to short part will be fixed as i am making longer animations like this

Cute and Loveable

The artwork is superb and the animation is great. I loved the details on the red balloon from happiness to fright and to death. The story was an interesting one this was a tragic flash movie while at the same time an endearing one. The sound is superb, I loved the choices you made... however one problem you need to fix is after the credits the music doesn't stop and you're given a choice to replay the flash, upon doing so the music from the credits keeps playing while the flash is replaying... this can be fixed.

Spune responds:

Yes thanks for pointing that out I forgot. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Amazing!

The artwork, animation, sound, and story are all superb once again. It's very hard to find flaws in this now. The story is quite an interesting one this time around, there were some deaths that I didn't expect to happen. It was still comical at times, but there were some moments that actually made me tense and one moment that actually scared me and made me jump. However one thing that still perplexes me, where is the propane tank from the first episode? All in all you have done it once again, it's a shame that one this series is going to be concluded and two that we have to wait until next Madness Day to see the end.

*Superb Animation
*Great Voice

Simply Outstanding

I am quite disappointed that I let this little gem slip past me, but let's dive right into it. The artwork is quite superb keeping with the original Madness style while also bringing in some new things to look at as well.

One thing I want to gripe about is the sound choice, although superb in most cases the beginning with the heavy metal music and the showing of the title, it kind of took away a certain feeling to the flash, don't get me wrong the rest of the music and sound choices certainly left a creepy atmosphere, that beginning made me want to close the flash movie or at least turn off the sound.

The story is unique to say the least. Unlike the Madness series this has more plot and more depth which really makes this stand out and to the unknown user could be considered a stand alone series which I believe it is. It's also a bit scary leaving me tingling with anticipation and fright. However there are some things that aren't explained. When I saw Justin grab a propane tank I expected a nice explosion to occur later on... we come to a scene showing a horde of zombies and this is when I thought we'd get our comical explosion, sadly no, it's just another fight scene... nothing wrong with that, but I was still wondering when the propane tank was gonna be used and it never was.

Overall this is a serious and at some points humorous flash movie that I would consider showing to a friend and repaying a visit to.

*Superb Animation
*Great Voice

|| Bad Points ||
*Story - What's With The Propane Tank?

The Happy Pills Aren't Working

Your artwork and animation are both great. The sound choice for each let's call them "skits" was perfect. The voice acting is superb. However the storyline is where it comes down to three words... "What The Fuck?" I can't exactly say that this was a good story or a bad story or even a story? It had a beginning and an end, but we had idle chit-chat, Lord of the Rings, Moby Dick, a bidoof, and a rocket. I mean what the fuck happened here. I'm not sure what I watched, but I found it funny and I think I liked it.

*Superb Voice
*Confused Story
*Hilarious!

Not So Good...

Your artwork is good, but the animation is bad. The voice acting is okay... it was a bit scratchy. You either need to do better voices or get more voice actors. The sound was good, but there really isn't much going on within the sound department. The story is actually a nice idea... two guys sitting on a couch talking about what's on TV. It has potential to say the least, but you really need to make big improvements before continuing onward.

*Good Sound
*Good Story

*Bad Animation
*Bad Voice

Jump On It Jump On It Jump On It

Your artwork is great. The animation is great as well, but I think could've been a bit better. The sound choice is of course superb and how you make the characters go about dancing it was just brilliant. All these different characters were just amazing to see, I'm actually quite suprised that not a single Newgrounds character popped up. All in all it's an enjoyable flash to watch.

(none)

It's Just My Imagination... Running Away With Me!

Your artwork and animation are great. You did put detail where it belongs. The sound was creepy and fit the atmosphere well. The voice acting was good, it was minimal, but good. The story however is fucked up, but at the same time not as twisted as you try to make it seem. It's just a guy who likes to doodle and then bring his creations to life within his imagination. However I believe more plot could've been made around this, it just seemed like something random or an intro to a series. All in all this was pretty good.

*Great Sound
*Good Voice
*Good Story

*Story - Needs More Plot

Consideration or Whining?

Your artwork and animation are good. I like the expressions on your character. The voice was scratchy, perhaps you should fix that the next time you record a voice. There is no story, no plot, no randomness... just you complaining about being BLAMMED. It wasn't even funny. All in all I can only hope you'll progess better within the flash portal. Not sure what to tell you here. The flash was short and you basically said "fuck you" to those who BLAMMED you. So all I can judge you on is your artwork, animation, and voice.

*Good Animation
*Okay Voice

*Story - Just You Complaining

zerek44 responds:

thank you for you feed back ive taken that into consideration. (for reals i amm not a sarcastic person)

29, Male