View Profile The-Great-One

All 417 Movie Reviews

124 w/ Responses

It's Just My Imagination... Running Away With Me!

Your artwork and animation are great. You did put detail where it belongs. The sound was creepy and fit the atmosphere well. The voice acting was good, it was minimal, but good. The story however is fucked up, but at the same time not as twisted as you try to make it seem. It's just a guy who likes to doodle and then bring his creations to life within his imagination. However I believe more plot could've been made around this, it just seemed like something random or an intro to a series. All in all this was pretty good.

*Good Voice
*Good Story

*Story - Needs More Plot

Consideration or Whining?

Your artwork and animation are good. I like the expressions on your character. The voice was scratchy, perhaps you should fix that the next time you record a voice. There is no story, no plot, no randomness... just you complaining about being BLAMMED. It wasn't even funny. All in all I can only hope you'll progess better within the flash portal. Not sure what to tell you here. The flash was short and you basically said "fuck you" to those who BLAMMED you. So all I can judge you on is your artwork, animation, and voice.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Okay Voice

*Story - Just You Complaining

zerek44 responds:

thank you for you feed back ive taken that into consideration. (for reals i amm not a sarcastic person)

Hilarious!

Although there isn't much going on when it comes down to Resident Evil, this is certainly a stand alone funny flash movie. Your artwork and animation are both great. The voice acting is superb. However the storyline is what makes this whole flash. I loved it from beginning to end. My only complaint is you could've made it a little bit more about Resident Evil 4 and made it a bit longer. Overall this is an enjoyable flash to watch and it certainly brightened my day to see it.

|| Bad Points ||
*Parody - Resident Evil 4?

Eddache responds:

The aim wasn't really to parody RE4, but use it as a setting for these characters. That way, it can be accessible to people, even if they've never played an RE game. There are plenty of hidden RE references within the flash though. But thanks for your review.

Cute and Cuddly

It's a nice basic sweet little flash. It's live action meets animation which alone isn't easy to pull off, but I for one enjoyed it. The tactics from the mouse to refuse his master's embarassing wishes and the master's tactics to make the mouse dance. It's quite funny. The artwork and animation on the mouse was just great, however when the mouse shot his master's hand I was hoping for some bullet marks, but seeing as it's a small gun I guess you wouldn't get bullet marks. But overall you interacting with your creation well and it was a joy to watch, I only wish it could've been longer.

*Great Story
*Great Interaction
*Funny

Another One Rides The Bus

The artwork is great, just like every other cyanide and happiness cartoon, but the animation is superb. I loved the movements of each character, it was like the were really alive. The voice acting is great, there wasn't a lot in this so not much to really critique there. The sound was superb as well, I loved the music throughout the entire flash. The storyline I'm going to go with as a parody in some sense, I'm not sure if you were poking fun at serious movies with "dreams and goals" but that's what it seemed like to me, which overall made this a flash movie with depth and humor.

*Great Voice

Perfect

This is downright the best movie on Newgrounds to this day. The artwork and animation were both masterful with my favorite scenes involving the fight scene in the dark and the death of Tarboy, both beautiful to watch and quite colorful. The sound is also truly masterful from the music, to the sound effects, to everything it just paced along so smoothly. The voice work was also masterful, even though there were only two I actually really saw them as actual characters with feelings instead of just cartoons with moving lips. The story is also masterful and ends on a well-executed cliffhanger. I certainly look forward to Tarboy II.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

The Beast Awakens

The artwork and animation are both quite superb, the voice acting is also quite superb, the sound was superb as well. However the story is where this flash really hits home. I for one love a good parody and this was fucking hilarious! It kind of sucks though that you gave us a cliffhanger ending, now you're gonna have to make another one and give us an epic fight scene. Overall the flash was enjoyable to watch, it made me laugh, and it actually kind of made me feel sorry for Dr. Foreman, but I got over it.

*Outstandingly Hilarious!

*Cliffhanger Ending

Phobotech responds:

Ya feel remorse for DrForeman?

I'll be sure to play on that before the fight scene in the sequel. :D

Great review! Thanks very much!

Quite Fun and Enjoyable

Your artwork and animation are both quite superb, the facial expressions on the rabbit are just too priceless. The sound choices were also quite superb. The voice acting is superb as well, it's just a shame that the rabbit didn't talk more. However the writing for this is fantastic... I can't wait to see more How To Flash Movies from you in the near future.

Ducks Are Sarcastic... Yes They Are

Well your artwork and animation are both quite superb. The sound is superb, a small bit of background music and some nice sound effects. The voice acting is also superb on both the bartender and the duck. However the story comes from animating a joke, which is both quite hilarious and well executed. A nifty little flash to brighten someone's day. Great job and keep it up!

Not Good At All

The first thing I want to talk about is the sound, although you did have pretty good use of sound effects your background music was very quiet to where it was hard to hear it. Your artwork and animation is okay, but it could've been a lot better if you had put more effort into detail. Last is going to be the sense of a parody... the whole storyline. How is this supposed to be funny? You basically explain the nerd, have him do gross things, and then end it with some weird contraption connected to his toilet. Please tell me what I just watched. I love a good parody, and this wasn't a good parody.

*Okay Artwork