View Profile The-Great-One

All 417 Movie Reviews

124 w/ Responses

Meh.

The artwork is good. Looks like a lesser quality version of the original Madness characters, but it's still good. The animation is good for what was here. The sound effects are good again for what was here. The music was bad, just a generic heavy metal song thrown in. Story is nearly non-existent just a short zombie thing. Overall this is something I'd expect to see in a Madness Collab, not a stand alone flash movie. Pretty run-of-the-mill to be honest.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Sound
*Okay Story

*Bad Music

CapnChaos responds:

Thanks for an honest, well written review. As I wrote in the description, very last second, made the night before in under an hour.

The music was more than anything just a play on the fact that zombie films generally contain generic thrash metal. I just found the most run-of-the-mill metal band i had in my hard drive.

A Beautiful Tense Flash Movie

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

Your artwork and animation are both masterful. Capturing the emotions of both Bear Bear and Ashley perfectly. The minor characters such as the shopkeeper and the mother are also given detail despite their minor roles. The sound was also masterful, each sound effect made sense and wasn't distracting. The music was also masterful, using simple children's songs to wrap up with this tense horrifying experience. Which leads me to the masterful story you've presented here. A simple teddy bear that wants to be loved and for the first half of this flash movie I found it to be a dark yet endearing loving story, until the second half when the bear snaps with taking Ashley's simple leaving to the bathroom the wrong way. Thus we also get Ashley frightened and confused which boils down to her also snapping in taking out Bear Bear, then she awakes to see it is all a dream. Overall this flash movie is just perfect, a perfect horror flash movie that doesn't go for shock value, but actually making you feel tense combining all the elements of animation together to make a wonderful movie.

*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music
*Perfect Score

Sonic The Hedgehog is Generic

Well first off let me comment you on the big positive here and that's the animation. It truly is quite superb seeing how everything moves so swiftly and it's near perfection, I say near, because some of the fight scenes could've been animated a bit better, but for the most part it was wonderful. The artwork is a mixed bag, the character designs are outstanding, but the world they're around although structured well, is unimaginative with their coloring from the grass, building, and ship, it's just unappealing. The music is bland, boring, and generic, which matches perfectly with this bland, boring, and generic story. From the start it didn't really make much sense and as we went through it, the story became very generic, sure there was a funny moment here and there, but for the most part it was just boring to watch. Overall this flash looks very pretty, but it has no substance to it.

*Good Sound
*Good Story

So Many References So Little Time

REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

The dream world is an amazing place to be. I'm sorry that I can't really judge you on artwork due to this being a sprite movie, however I can judge you on everything else. The animation is simply amazing. Everything flows so smoothly and it really makes you believe it to be an actual game, hell most of the ideas in here could be actual games like what you did with the Pac-Man part of this dream. The sound effects were all chosen and matched up perfectly. The music choices were outstanding and I loved hearing every single one. The storyline is just genius and one that could probably only come from being within the dream world. Just seeing all the games you referenced and combined together, the first part of this dream was a combination of Contra, Metroid, Metal Gear, Castlevania, and even Bionic Commando. The next part had us in the world of Pac-Man destroying ghosts Bomberman style with a little The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past thrown in. After that we come to Balloon Fight with your sprite taking full advantage of the mechanics found in Duck Tales and Dig Dug, then exiting the level VIA candy from Little Nemo the Dream Master. Thus we enter Super Mario Bros. 3 and finish with a Mega Man Robot Master by using your hammer from Super Mario Bros. 3, whip from Castlevania, and a hadouken from Street Fighter to finish the fight. It was all put together so well and I for one would not mine seeing Dream 2 - Entering Dream Land. A wonderful film overall.

*Masterful Sound

|| Overall Score - 9.5 ||

OrinCreed responds:

Thanks for the amazing review! I hope IDIR2 doesn't disappoint once I finish it. :)

More Newgrounds Tutorials

I haven't laughed this hard since I saw that other Newgrounds Tutorial about making the best flash movie. The artwork is great, the designs on the characters are drawn quite well, also the pictures for descriptions are nicely done as well. The animation is good, but the lip sync could've been done better. The storyline is superb, very funny. I liked the idea of showing others how to come up with a cool username and you even explained two members with usernames that match this description which I thought was pretty cool... in a nerdy kind of way. The sound effects were great, but not a lot going on there. The music however was a perfect choice and I'm glad you actually picked something from the Audio Portal, it matched up perfectly. The voice acting, was also perfect, I have no complaints about the voice acting whatsoever, it matched up with the intentions of the flash and the overall tone was suitable for this flash. Overall this is a delightful flash movie and I would watch it again and again... shoot when someone asks how to change their usernames on the Newground Forums again, I might just post this flash for them.

*Great Sound
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Voice

A Moral With Comical Value Included

The artwork for the most part is great, the worms, bird, and apple were all nice. The animation was nice at some points, but when the worms were talking the lip-sync was kind of off. The voice acting was actually pretty good. The sound effects were superb and your background music choice was superb as well. The storyline is pretty basic, it makes sense and it actually gave me a chuckle. Overall I'd give you an A... but on Newgrounds I'd give you a B.

*Great Voice

Beautiful and Comical

The artwork in this is quite superb, capturing a lowly city of life and I'm guessing a child's reactions to the city. The animation on this character is also superb, seeing him cross the street isn't hilarious, but it is funny and you also wonder what would happen if he got hit by the car, however watching him just fall into the manhole makes it even funnier. Which wraps up into a truly masterful story, you're on the edge of your seat, but at the same time you're chuckling to yourself, which is use of great artwork and wonderful storytelling. The small bit of music and sound effects combined were both superb, it was simplistic yet made you feel as if you were there with him.

*Superb Artwork

gzilbalodis responds:

Great to hear that you liked the sound effects because that was the stuff I was most worried about people not liking it.

Interesting

Well the artwork is good, what artwork is here anyways. The music was an interesting choice, but I'm not sure what it's about or what is really going on in the flash. The animation is actually great, everything moved quite well, but it is such a short flash and what did move wasn't spectacular. The story... well I don't know if there was a story being told or not. This flash confused the hell out of me, but overall for you first it was okay.

*Good Artwork
*Good Music
*Good Story

LordViral responds:

^_^ Thank you! :3

Then It Was Done

The artwork on Larry was superb, but the world around him was masterful, truly beautiful to see and be enraptured in, not really setting the mood just showing the character Larry's mood and then getting a response out of us, which is how you perfect the visual medium. The animation is superb, but not enough going to make it masterful, I mean Larry's presentation is kind of bland, but then again it doesn't offset the boring presence when we get to the voice. The voice acting at first for me wasn't anything spectacular, but as I kept watching I got into it... it was like meeting a person for the first time and feeling awkward by the presence of their voice, but ultimately as the few short minutes of conversation go by you get used to it. The story is wonderful, one of the best stories I have ever seen on Newgrounds, truly masterful, the descriptions and the truly twist ending wraps it all up, but leaves just enough mystery for us to not even want to fill in the blanks, this was written very well and shown very well. The sound effects were great, but again not a lot going on in the sound department, but the music is what really did it. It is quite superb, but not yet there to be masterful... it sets the overall tone, but doesn't effect our mood which is a downside in itself. Overall this is a flash movie that I would gladly recommend to others to watch.

*Masterful Voice
*Great Sound

Come On Pelican!

The artwork and animation were both actually masterful, I seriously have no complaints whatsoever. The sound was superb, giving us the basic good home feelings. The music, well the credits music was a good choice, but other than that there was none, but then again this doesn't really need any. Since you credited the voice acting to a video game I can't really give you points for that. The story however is funny as hell, it's like the flash "The Facebook Problem" where we know exactly what's going to happen and we're all fine with it, except we don't know how it's going to happen. All in all it's hilarious and it has certainly brightened my day.

*Masterful Animation