View Profile The-Great-One

All 418 Movie Reviews

125 w/ Responses

Can I Have A Second Opinion?

I loved the first Health Reminder and was excited to see this one up on the Front Page. Then I watched it. Although still good and funny and delivers its message I'm afraid lightning did not strike twice here. The artwork and animation are still great, sound effects are still great and the voice acting and music are still superb, the story felt a bit rushed and didn't have the same pace that the last one had or the subtlety. I loved the ideas you brought here and what messages you gave, but sad at how you presented it. Overall this is great, but not as good as your first one.

*Superb Music

*Pacing Feels Rushed
*Not As Subtle As The First One

Flame Not Strong Enough, But Can Tread Water

Your artwork and animation are masterful, no doubt about that at all. The characters and the world they are in is simply amazing, you had me enthralled from the start. The music although superb doesn't really fit well with this flash, it did at first, but as it kept going it just didn't really work out. The story is the same way, we start with water and fire meeting and surprised by their interactions, some strange villain appears and destroys water which ignites anger in your fire character Sparker. I did like the ending though with this villain being nothing more than a skeleton given a skin with the uses of fire and water. It was interesting idea, but not executed entirely well I think you focused more on the visuals than you did the overall storyline. Still an outstanding piece of work though and I can't wait to see more.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation

(none)

Ominous and Potent - La' Perfume?

Your artwork and animation are great. This is another one that thinks outside the box, the idea of a game show host taking things too far and then being sent to jail only to break out is a wonderful set-up for a taboo serial killer game show host, I like where you did end it though. The voice acting is superb, the music is great and overall this is a wonderful flash. I hope you advance to the next round.

Wheel of Morality - Turn, Turn, Turn

Freaking hilarious! Your artwork here is great, but the animation is a bit lackluster mainly with the moving of the characters mouthes. The story however is hilarious and creative with just enough violence to appease people, but not a gore fest either, it was just really funny. The voice acting was superb from the contestants and especially the game show host. Overall a hilarious flash and a great way to start the Tournament of Flash Artists, if I were a judge I would definitely vote you towards the next round.

CyanSandwich responds:

Thanks for the lovely review :)

Pretty Good

Your artwork and animation are great, but don't offer much else to the party. The story however is one that I was expecting to pop up in the Tournament and is creative, especially the ending, it does get a bit annoying in the middle, but the ending is just hilarious. Overall pretty good, I'm hoping you'll go to the next round because I want to see more from you.

*Hilarious

*Tad Annoying At The Middle

Not Entirely Sure?

Well your artwork is good and so is your animation. The story is good, but I guess it is a little odd, but not in a good way. The voice acting was great from beginning to end. Overall this flash is confusing, the game show of a prank call worked, but the extra life bit and then winning just didn't work.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Story

*Confused

someplaceelse responds:

Ahhh thanx. This review is so satisfying. I'll work on trying to make things clearer. ^_^

What was suppose to happen: you know on game shows where they have multiple lives, and if they get a question wrong you lose one? He lost one life, because he got the "question" (if you could call it that) wrong.

Hope it clears things up. Thanx again

Not Too Shabby

Your artwork and animation are great, you know what you're doing that's for sure. The sound effects I wasn't too impressed with. There was no music, which I find no excuse for seeing as this is a game show and the goal is an obstacle course so if you don't have announcers calling this then background music would be appropriate, check the Audio Portal here on Newgrounds from now on. The story is basic, but not built up well enough, all we know is we have a host with no name, some contestants, and an obstacle course. Despite all of this though I would love to see you advance to the next round because I want to see more from you and what else you can do.

*Good Sound
*Good Voice
*Okay Story

*No Music

Lazymodecomics responds:

The host's name is The General.

It's Wacky and on at 8PM Central Time!

The artwork is great. The animation is superb, everything moved quite well. The sound effects were great as well. Not a lot of music, but what was here was great. The voice acting was also quite superb. The story is superb and this is was the main thing I liked about this flash. You took the theme and thought outside of the box with it, very creative. If I were a judge I would certainly send you to the next round.

*Superb Animation

Against The Wind

Well, that was a wild ride you took me on good sir. The artwork is superb, mainly within the backgrounds and complimented the great animation. I especially loved flying through the storm and the sun atop the clouds at the end. The story here is simplistic and wonderful, the journey of flight and the wonders that the sky has to offer. The music choice was perfect, kudos to Evil-Dog and to you for choosing it. However some sound effects or music would've been nice at the beginning before the building of the flying machine. Overall though this is a wonderful flash movie and it is one that I have decided to add to my favorites.

*Superb Artwork
*Masterful Music
*Masterful Story

|| Bad Points ||
*Beginning - Some Music or Sound?

Jonas & Dragons 3rd edition

The artwork in this was great, mainly for the dragon and the Jonas brothers. I liked the detail put into the audience members, buildings, and cars, however there are some flaws. Like the shadowy audience members just shaking around behind the detailed audience members seems to me like you could've just made a picture of some audience members and had it bounce up and down if you wanted filler. Also when the two remaining Jonas brothers were in the car at the beginning of this car chase scene you kept switching back and forth the drivers side. The animation was great, not superb, but above average. The storyline was kind of creative, when I saw the dragon I was kind of worried that you'd pull something generic out, but you didn't. When the Jonas brothers were escaping the dragon I was actually hoping for them to live and then when they were pitifully mocking the dragon I wanted them to die SO BADLY! One flaw in your story is that the electric shield is 1,000 volts of electricity which I doubt could keep a dragon out. Perhaps 100,000 volts would've been a better number to work with to shock a dragon bad enough not to kill him, but at the same time to keep him out. The music choices were superb, tops goes to GoreBastard and you chose a tolerable Jonas Brothers song for this as well. The sound effects were nothing short of perfection, honestly no complaints from me in that department. The voice acting was great, not matching the Jonas Brothers, but at the same time getting close enough to them for it to work.

*Masterful Sound