View Profile The-Great-One

All 418 Movie Reviews

125 w/ Responses

Papa Don't Preach

The style you presented here is good, I especially liked how you formatted the desktop and the situations used for the stripper. Also it was a nice touch on the main character changing his shirt for each day. The animation is good, but not much is going on and the main character's keyboard typing is a bit lackluster. The story what can I say is freaking hilarious and I think that this could have been taken much further from what you did with it, but anything is possible in sequel land, I was wondering if she would blackmail him with a video she recorded through the computer of him masturbating and send it to his family and friends. The ending although dark is still actually funny and creepy kind of a shame that this wasn't release before Halloween. All in all I liked this.

*Great Sound
*Great Music

LazyMuffin responds:

Your idea of her blackmailing him is funny, but I think that if I added it it would have somehow messed up with the fairly quick flow of things. Thanks for the review.

Crikey

Well the artwork was done nicely keeping that Minecraft flair while making it look nicer as well, however I think the trees could have been a bit better, they just looked weird to me. The creeper and other creatures as well as the adventurer all looked wonderful. The animation is just masterful perfect from beginning to end, I honestly have no complaints, it all flowed quite well. The story is hilarious and in a way makes me sad because it reminds me of the baby sea turtles at the ending. I guess the story itself is nothing really fascinating except the ending, but hearing this voice commentary as to come from a nature show just makes this flash great. I would certainly love to see more Minecraft Documentaries including talking with the skeleton as well as the Ender Man and of course the strange being known as Herobrine. Shoot a Blair Witch meets National Geographic take with The Nether would also be interesting to see from you as well. All in all I loved this animation and I want to see more.

*Masterful Voice

Short, Sweet, and to the Point

I want to say first that if is something that you do for something short, I could only imagine what you could do on a grander scale. The artwork here are stick figures who are given a good bit of life, but are still a bit on the simple side. I know stick figures are simple, but what you were doing with them here I kind of expected a bit more. The animation is perfect from beginning to end, everything moved not only smoothly, but I was truly amazed at the movement of these stick figures it was just perfect no flaws in my eyes. The sound effects were also perfect capturing everything quite well. One problem I have with this is no music, for something so short I don't see why you couldn't find something in the Audio Portal and match it here, next time go through the Audio Portal to see if you can find that perfect song. The story is very simple, a short fight, why is it called Beast though, seems like just a random title. Overall though I did enjoy this quick bit and would love to see what else you can do.

*Masterful Sound
*Great Story

*No Music - Needed Music

Super Mario Madness

The artwork and animation I have to be honest are quite masterful. Although mostly Mario it screams Madness so much in it's design and the animation flows perfectly, I honestly loved every bit of it, it was candy for my eyes. The sound effects are taken from the Paper Mario games, but are utilized very well and are not distracting. The music choices were that of remixes of Doopliss' theme from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which you found through the Audio Portal, for that I have to give you big kudos for. It seems Doopliss' theme combined with this Madness style fits very well. The story, what can I say? It is comical, not entirely one sided and creative use of both the styles from Paper Mario and Madness, you truly do both of these great justice. Overall I found this to be a very enjoyable animation.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music

Alpha-Nuva responds:

Went back through the reviews just to find this. Thanks for the great review and the showcasing on your wall. Much appreciated.

We Don't Join The Toast King - On The Moon?

Wow this was freaking hilarious! Well let's start with the artwork, it does look good, but it doesn't look entirely superb either, but still it was wonderful, near the end I think you took pleasure in mindfucking with me though. The animation is solid and things run as smoothly as they should, my only complaint there would be some of the mouth movements, but other than that nothing. The voice acting has to be mentioned here alongside the story, because I'm not sure what you use to do your voice recording with, but you might want to change it or find a program to use to clean it up a bit, but the writing with this voice acting was as I stated at the start of this review, freaking hilarious! At first I wasn't enjoying the flash, but as it kept going I was going with it. A wonderful parody, good job sir.

*Great Sound
*Great Voice

Bears Are People To

The artwork in this is of a very simplistic nature, which I believe is what you were going for, it wasn't a lack of skill, but a style choice. The animation was fluent and despite the artwork being simple there was quite a lot going on. Although this was a short flash movie it was hilarious, one of the funniest things I've seen on Newgrounds that is completely of original work. The voice acting was also great and I love the use of a bear growl for Derek's speaking. Overall a great flash movie and I can't wait to see more.

Cute

The artwork and animation are masterful, truly brilliant. The music was superb, but nothing really entirely wow factor with this flash, kind of generic actually. The story I honestly didn't get, my original guess was that it was two lovers separated, but going down to the Author's Description to find an explanation (which if you have to explain your story then there is something wrong) I was right, but I didn't see all of this detail. The sound effects were good, nothing spectacular. It just seemed way too short. So it was cute and that's it.

*Masterful Artwork
*Good Sound
*Good Story

*Too Short

Good Ole' Fashioned Dark Cartoon Humor

The artwork and animation are both superb, giving this old fashioned cartoony look updated to the 21st century through the characters faces and swift movement. The music is something different and seems a world apart from this style of animation, which surprisingly the two fit together so well, in other words your choice in music was outstanding. The story is one of dark humor and is actually somewhat deep which while watching actually kind of surprised me. It seems like this is a cycle that tends to repeat over time from one jewel thief to the next, a bit sorrow, but they can't all have happy endings and they can't all be happy stories. Overall I liked it, it was comedic and dark two things I really like.

*Superb Animation
*Masterful Music

Pirate Quality

First off the artwork was great, I liked the drawing for the ship, anchor, everything, you are quite the artist. The animation however was very lackluster, there wasn't as much going on as I was hoping for and that made it seem a bit boring. There were comical moments, like the Pirates list, the giant squid, and sailing over the edge of the world all that was great, but for the most part the animation does hinder it a bit. The music is a song that I'm sure a lot of people on the Internet knows and is one reason they clicked on this flash, we all clicked, we all hoped, and we all got the song, but without a proper presentation you might as well just close your eyes and listen to the song. Overall this was a good flash, but I guess I was just expecting a little bit more.

*Good Animation
*Great Story

*Animation - Seems Slow, Not A Lot Going On

Steinberg responds:

I guess you're right.
I'll try to add more to the next one.
Thanks!

Very Funny

The artwork and animation are great, I like how you represented the world of Minecraft here. The sound effects were superb and fit very well with what you did. The voice acting is superb as well and very funny to hear. The story is the big point in this though and it is hilarious from start to finish! I loved it when Betsy was being used to chop at the tree. I really want to see more Minecraft flashes from you two in the near future.

*Great Music