View Profile The-Great-One

All 417 Movie Reviews

124 w/ Responses

Awesomeness!

The artwork is quite superb, top notch stuff here people. The animation can be a bit jittery at times, but other times it is top notch and beautiful to look at, especially the battle scenes. The story here is what seals the deal, chronicling the players of the game it's pretty damn cool to see. My favorite characters have to be Kirbopher, Nylocke, and Rockoon as of right now. I can see the love story set up with Alpha and Flamegirl right now, and I'm a sucker for a good love story... key word here is GOOD love story, so I'm hoping that doesn't get fucked up sometime down the line. All in all I wasn't too sure based off the trailer I saw of this, but after watching it I'm excited for the next episode to see where it will go next.

*Masterful Voice

Papa Don't Preach

The style you presented here is good, I especially liked how you formatted the desktop and the situations used for the stripper. Also it was a nice touch on the main character changing his shirt for each day. The animation is good, but not much is going on and the main character's keyboard typing is a bit lackluster. The story what can I say is freaking hilarious and I think that this could have been taken much further from what you did with it, but anything is possible in sequel land, I was wondering if she would blackmail him with a video she recorded through the computer of him masturbating and send it to his family and friends. The ending although dark is still actually funny and creepy kind of a shame that this wasn't release before Halloween. All in all I liked this.

*Great Sound
*Great Music
*Superb Voice

LazyMuffin responds:

Your idea of her blackmailing him is funny, but I think that if I added it it would have somehow messed up with the fairly quick flow of things. Thanks for the review.

Crikey

Well the artwork was done nicely keeping that Minecraft flair while making it look nicer as well, however I think the trees could have been a bit better, they just looked weird to me. The creeper and other creatures as well as the adventurer all looked wonderful. The animation is just masterful perfect from beginning to end, I honestly have no complaints, it all flowed quite well. The story is hilarious and in a way makes me sad because it reminds me of the baby sea turtles at the ending. I guess the story itself is nothing really fascinating except the ending, but hearing this voice commentary as to come from a nature show just makes this flash great. I would certainly love to see more Minecraft Documentaries including talking with the skeleton as well as the Ender Man and of course the strange being known as Herobrine. Shoot a Blair Witch meets National Geographic take with The Nether would also be interesting to see from you as well. All in all I loved this animation and I want to see more.

*Masterful Voice

Short, Sweet, and to the Point

I want to say first that if is something that you do for something short, I could only imagine what you could do on a grander scale. The artwork here are stick figures who are given a good bit of life, but are still a bit on the simple side. I know stick figures are simple, but what you were doing with them here I kind of expected a bit more. The animation is perfect from beginning to end, everything moved not only smoothly, but I was truly amazed at the movement of these stick figures it was just perfect no flaws in my eyes. The sound effects were also perfect capturing everything quite well. One problem I have with this is no music, for something so short I don't see why you couldn't find something in the Audio Portal and match it here, next time go through the Audio Portal to see if you can find that perfect song. The story is very simple, a short fight, why is it called Beast though, seems like just a random title. Overall though I did enjoy this quick bit and would love to see what else you can do.

*Masterful Sound
*Great Story

*No Music - Needed Music

Super Mario Madness

The artwork and animation I have to be honest are quite masterful. Although mostly Mario it screams Madness so much in it's design and the animation flows perfectly, I honestly loved every bit of it, it was candy for my eyes. The sound effects are taken from the Paper Mario games, but are utilized very well and are not distracting. The music choices were that of remixes of Doopliss' theme from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which you found through the Audio Portal, for that I have to give you big kudos for. It seems Doopliss' theme combined with this Madness style fits very well. The story, what can I say? It is comical, not entirely one sided and creative use of both the styles from Paper Mario and Madness, you truly do both of these great justice. Overall I found this to be a very enjoyable animation.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Music

Alpha-Nuva responds:

Went back through the reviews just to find this. Thanks for the great review and the showcasing on your wall. Much appreciated.

Hydraulics In The Lawnmowers

Your artwork and animation are spot on. They resemble the Madness characters well, but you also gave it your own little spin which I liked. The music although a good choice, I would probably have preferred it if you had chosen something from the Audio Portal, still good choice. The sound effects were superb, no real complaints here. The story however is where this animation shines, it was hilarious from beginning to end and has that Madness violence to it. If this is the first piece you have decided to share publicly then we can expect great things from you.

*Great Music

DarkSignal responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Although it is true that we could have chosen a different track, the music was the whole reason behind the flash. It's even how we came up with it. The flash probably wouldn't even be half as good with a different song.

We Don't Join The Toast King - On The Moon?

Wow this was freaking hilarious! Well let's start with the artwork, it does look good, but it doesn't look entirely superb either, but still it was wonderful, near the end I think you took pleasure in mindfucking with me though. The animation is solid and things run as smoothly as they should, my only complaint there would be some of the mouth movements, but other than that nothing. The voice acting has to be mentioned here alongside the story, because I'm not sure what you use to do your voice recording with, but you might want to change it or find a program to use to clean it up a bit, but the writing with this voice acting was as I stated at the start of this review, freaking hilarious! At first I wasn't enjoying the flash, but as it kept going I was going with it. A wonderful parody, good job sir.

*Great Artwork
*Great Sound
*Great Voice

Bears Are People To

The artwork in this is of a very simplistic nature, which I believe is what you were going for, it wasn't a lack of skill, but a style choice. The animation was fluent and despite the artwork being simple there was quite a lot going on. Although this was a short flash movie it was hilarious, one of the funniest things I've seen on Newgrounds that is completely of original work. The voice acting was also great and I love the use of a bear growl for Derek's speaking. Overall a great flash movie and I can't wait to see more.

*Great Artwork
*Superb Voice

Cute

The artwork and animation are masterful, truly brilliant. The music was superb, but nothing really entirely wow factor with this flash, kind of generic actually. The story I honestly didn't get, my original guess was that it was two lovers separated, but going down to the Author's Description to find an explanation (which if you have to explain your story then there is something wrong) I was right, but I didn't see all of this detail. The sound effects were good, nothing spectacular. It just seemed way too short. So it was cute and that's it.

*Masterful Artwork
*Good Sound
*Good Story

*Too Short

Good Ole' Fashioned Dark Cartoon Humor

The artwork and animation are both superb, giving this old fashioned cartoony look updated to the 21st century through the characters faces and swift movement. The music is something different and seems a world apart from this style of animation, which surprisingly the two fit together so well, in other words your choice in music was outstanding. The story is one of dark humor and is actually somewhat deep which while watching actually kind of surprised me. It seems like this is a cycle that tends to repeat over time from one jewel thief to the next, a bit sorrow, but they can't all have happy endings and they can't all be happy stories. Overall I liked it, it was comedic and dark two things I really like.

*Masterful Music