View Profile The-Great-One

243 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

Interesting...

A unique piece my good sir. Although I wasn't exactly connecting with a real familiar vibe with it you basically gave the correct description of the song. Everything but the kitchen sink. I understand how improvising a song can be great, but try improvising a song and then go back and working more on it.

TheWisestMagi responds:

Yeah, I am still thinking about reworking parts of this song..for one at the end I completely forgot to put in the drums >.<.

And yeah, I felt that it was a fairly accurate description seeing how by the time I had 3 vibes I decided to get a few more in there =P.

Thanks for the advice,
~TheWisestMagi~

Well...

The music was very well done I can assure you of this, but the voice was the only thing that really through off the song. Improvising a song isn't bad, but after you do it go back and see what you can fix and improve on. I loved the music, but the voice was your only problem.

L-Jay responds:

OK. I will remove the voice then and replace it with something else. letting my freestyle flow on :D

Do you think it's a good idea to upload the "next version" of the song here again?

Ah, Simplicity

5 A.M. The crack of dawn. The sun slowly crawls up to give a small bearing of light. The farmer awakens, today is another venture onto the field. The hard work he puts himself through knowing he will always prosper from his labor no matter what, that's saying something. 12 P.M. The crack of noon. The sun bearing down from high up. The farmer returns to his farmhouse for lunch. Chicken, mashed taters, and corn on the cob. The farmer also enjoys listening to his family talk amongst themselves. After lunch the farmer returns to the field. 7 P.M. and there is no sunlight. The farmer returns to his house, returns to his bed, for the night's slumber. He dreams of everything and anything in his quiet slumber knowing tomorrow the cycle will always bring something new and with good fortune.

Sorry for writing a story here, I usually write stories for MaestroRage's audio, but this one captivated me. I had saw all this before my eyes as I was listening to this audio. Another magnificent piece from you Bosa if I do say so myself. To tell the truth I believe you have truly out done yourself. Keep up the good work.

Bosa responds:

Thank you for the story. It actually goes along with what I was thinking of, somewhat.

The fact that a farmer's life is a simple one makes this song a tribute to the rare peace that exists in the world today. When I go outside to plow, I realize how simple life can truly be. Without hesitation, without asking the question why, I begin to till. Perhaps everybody should consider what has been said here. Perhaps your lives are needlessly complicated. Perhaps there is a better life for everybody, they just have to realize how simple life can be.

I thank you for this review, and I do hope that others will continue their stories through time, and begin to find the peace they search for so hard, when it's really right in front of them.

-Bosa

The Ball and The Simple Folk

In a kingdom far away a ball is being held. The moonlight dances as do those of elegant wear do. The crisp Autumn air is giving these people a real life fairy tale. In a village so very close, the simple farmers gaze not at the glowing castle, but at the very moon above. It's golden color, the farmers know what time it is. They dawn their labor wear and head out onto the fields. As those in the kingdom are celebrating the harvest moon, the farmers are working with the moon.

You and LadyArsenic have done yet another wonderful job. Not too long or too short, you've made a perfect bit of audio for calming a soul. I can only hope that the world does not take neither of you away.

MaestroRage responds:

^_^ Mmm... I like that imagery. I think I might have been thinking the same thing, if not something very similar. As for the world taking either of us away, I don't think that'll be any time soon. We're still young and very stupid.
Death does not love us. =/

Thanks again for your kind words. It's what keeps us going it is!
With love,
Lady Arsenic <3

I Don't See It

Well it is a nice good beat and makes for a good loop, but I just don't see it as a tough walk. Maybe as a villain's dialogue, but that's about it. It does sound familiar to me as well... yet I can't quite put my finger on what it sounds like.

linkbryan1126 responds:

im surprised you dont see it, it screams tough walk to me

As We Were There...

We walked along the soft grass that was laid beautifully across our island. The enchanted thoughts we had. A divine escape from reality we formed. Our island was a garden of tranquility and no matter how far apart we may be we will always remember our garden.

I loved this piece very much as I do all of your work. This song has brought out the romantic side of me once again and has given me more thoughts to think about once again. Great job by you and LadyArsenic, my kind words to her too on this magnificent piece.

MaestroRage responds:

Thank you TGO. Your story was magnificent and well written as always. Lady's work brings out a lot of new inspirations and energies in me as well, which is why I am so thankful to be working with her!

We are glad you liked it, thank you kindly for the review!

Outstanding!

The entire tale of P-Bot is simply astounding. It is a grim and dark tale indeed and I enjoy sitting back and putting it altogether in my mind. It would be quite fascinating to see a Newgrounds user make a flash using this audio and adapt the same story you've given. Everything twisting and turning within a nice range, it is absolutely evil. The dark side of P-Bot. Excellent work as always.

MaestroRage responds:

It was a fun story to tell TGO! I don't normally do things like this and heck it was time the bot has it's time to shine ;D! I was planning on doing an entire suite for all the bots, but I just don't have that kind of time. So I took the most important bot, and gave him a tribute.

I do wonder what this would be like if it were animated. I guess we can always dream eh?! For now, I just hope people enjoy it!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Life...

No matter how long the moment is, will it last forever? At some cases yes it will last forever. The greatness and power is not seen through the lives of two lovers. Passion is not just a common emotion, it is an emotion that many of us feel, many of us have, and many of us don't know we had. You've composed such beauty in this piece and you've made me think a lot about my life... and someone else.

sorohanro responds:

very poetic words, never knew that my music can make people think like this ...
thanx, i really apreciate

Magnificent

You've made the perfect example of a loop! At least 30 seconds long, over a minute loop which really gets me and it loops perfectly! Bravo good sir, bravo indeed! I see great things for your future, great things indeed!

thanx
i apreciate your feedback, is so nice when someone take the time to tell you he apreciate your work ...

How Marvelous!

It all fits together so perfectly! It gives off that vide of a theme. I enjoyed this very much. Yet again suberb work.

that's kind of old
my first serious musical project i made on computer
thanx for reviewing my stuff
glad you like it