View Profile The-Great-One

243 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

Nice and Twisted

The last funny killing Santa song I heard was from Weird Al Yankovic, but this was not only humorous it was a well written Punk song and I loved listening to it. The guitar and drum work was nicely done, as were the vocals. All in all a great song that I guarantee someone will use for a Christmas flash on Newgrounds.

giftedbuttwisted responds:

Thanks! Yeah I've been trying to get someone to make a flash for it, even offered payment, but nobody's interested :(

Boom-Bada-Boom

It's been a while since I've heard a nice techno song. This was certainly quite enjoyable to listen to. The beats and synth were all perfect, it was certainly a great joy to listen to this song and I can't wait for Watson #2. From beginning to end it was beautiful.

jmerk800 responds:

WOW thanks a lot! I am working on Watson #2 and it will probably be done in a while I am glad you enjoyed it, It was very fun to make.

Very Nice

Although this song is nicely done, it still seems repetitive. You know your stuff well, but you don't explore enough, it's a good song and you've shown that you can make something quite good. Improvement over time.

DjZeaklous responds:

Thank you very much.

Quite Nice

Well for one thing this song did flow quite nicely, it was a nice trance song I must say, but it did seem a bit repetitive here and there. It just seems like you really could've played around with this song some more.

DjZeaklous responds:

Thanks for your input. I tried to keep it basic, but retain the uprising melody

A Complete Rush!

This song is all build-up I will admit it, but that's the point I believe you were going for. This song is called Energy Dance therefore it's a build-up of energy and unleashing it giving the listener a rush! It's just brilliant and I loved every second of it.

syphonmax responds:

Thanks dude =]

Generic Commercial Resort - TIME SHARE

I do enjoy this song, and you have captured the generic beauty perfectly. Something you would hear on a commercial for a resort, beautiful beaches and five-star hotels to cater to you. Excellent job!

Lightningpichu responds:

Lol xD so you think I could be a generic time share sellout xD? Anyways thanks :D

A Great Song

This is a great war song, and that's what gets me. It just sounds a bit cliche to me. I've heard this before. When you hear it you instantly think of war and although you served the purpose, I was basically expecting more creativity.

MaestroRage responds:

i'm not going to argue against that TGO. It is rather cliche, the purpose for the piece was pretty hammered down and the action if you play the game is somewhat slow paced. So I couldn't really start making swift segments, and that left only a tense war ambient type of track. And though there's no arguing that even those can be creative, I simply went with the tried and tested method. I was too afraid that if I introduced too many ideas that stood out, it would become tiresome to listen to, too quickly.

Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it :D!

Quite Peaceful

This song does sound quite peaceful I must admit. Like a menu or the awakening before setting out on the journey. Maestro, you and the Lady have done it once again. As you stated "this is the people's passion!" You could'nt be more right in that sense. Outstanding job as always.

MaestroRage responds:

I'm glad you liked it TGO :D! Lady wasn't involved in this project, but i'll be uploading a few songs in the coming days where she was. I'm glad you felt the tune hit the emotion home!

Thanks for the review!

Not Bad

It is as you say "A Simple Piano Loop." There really isn't much more to say besides it was quite good. You should take this and make it longer and give us something more than just a loop.

PrawDuhJee responds:

Thanks for the input! This was really just a test of how to upload audio though.

Beautiful

This is quite possibly one of the best Trance songs I've heard in a long time. Surely something F-777 should hear. First off the beats were kick ass through the whole song and the synths were perfect. I listen to Trance songs twice to see if I can catch repetition, and I must say I really didn't catch any repetition. If you had some good song lyrics to go with this song then it would be a wonderful piece of music, but this song can do justice by itself. All in all a masterful piece of work.

NemesisTheory responds:

Thanks a lot. :)
About the lyrics... I might give that a shot in one of my new songs, maybe, when I do trance again. :D

Male