View Profile The-Great-One

242 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

Cruelness through Love's Hate and Redemption

She enters the church and walks down the aisle, at the end stands the preacher, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen, but she sees an emptyness up ahead for the groom is not there awaiting her...she is stopped by her mother who tells her that her husband to be has run. He left her there in an embarassment without concern over her emotions. The day she has been waiting for all her life will end in a night that nobody wanted. As she tries to slumber in her chambers she cannot so she rises from her bed, puts on her wedding dress, pulls the knife from her drawer, and ends her sorrow and sadness.

You and LadyArsenic make a beautiful team, could you send me the links or the titles of other songs you have collaborated with her. Also if it's not a hassle I would appreciate it if you could send this review to LadyArsenic somehow, I would like a response from both of you if it is possible.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

MaestroRage responds:

heh, well there you have it TGO, one review above yours! We've collabed on a few pieces, if I am not mistaken there are 2 others on my page in which she sings

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/74515 (Crumbling Cathedral)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/60913 (The Woman's Roar)

I have an old piece we collabed on, I think we should consider putting it up here, one of our first, yet one of my own favorites.

Your story also rings quite closely to the story used to create the song. However the man did not run off in my own mind, why he was unable to reach the alter, is another project, for another time, hopefully as another collab with LadyArsenic. I'll probably have to sing in that one as well, as it is the man's side of the story.

Thank you for the review TGO, i'm glad you liked it! I wish you the best on your future endeavors!

The Window of the House and Tree

As gazing upon a dove I recall of simpler matters of our world before, when those who were men fought bravely, now they cower in fear behind their Starbucks Coffee Cups. It recollects to think of how the brave knights and valiant men have turned into brave soldiers and men of only talk; action must be taken when talking has no effect. I recollect all this while sitting under a tree, however other data of thy mind shall be gathered not under this old oak, but in thy lighthouse where I may gaze outward the revolved window to see yet the same innocent dove. Not worried about what will happen to it next, but to fly towards the skies with no limit. I am reminded by said dove of our old standards that we no longer hold dear to us any longer.

A brilliant piece of work Bosa. I normally only write stories in my reviews to MaestroRage's music (it moves me so), but I had to write something for this, I do hope you understand. You've written quite the beautiful melody here and I am glad that I decided to have a listen in this spare time of mine. Thank You for such an amazing piece.

Hm..

As the years pass, I can see a change in light. My life as a farmer had ended, my life as a thinker had begun. A change in time has an effect on the whole world. Yet a dove, being there by its will, gave me the inspiration to remember what was. Yes, the world is taking a cowardice approach rather than that of honorable men once had. But, just to free my mind for once, I will watch this dove take its flight.

I thank you for this review, I would enjoy it if you gave me more to think on.

Your friend,
├čosa

Before A Kingdom Feast

The banquet has been placed and as the happy folk music and go lucky fancy die down then brave warriors tell their king, their king, their mighty king of the battles and the wars that they went through to save the lives of this king's mighty kingdom. They come bearing sad news yet happy at the same time. For the kingdom is saved and the good king can rest assure of that, but the mighty prince, the youngest male of the young neverending youth gave his life to save his kingdom so that his king and queen may prosper. As the tales stretch onward through time a king with a lowered head and a queen with a heavy heart are seen not as disappointed, but through sadness they hide their tears. The wise have a saying "For my kingdom, I will do anything. For my king I will sacrifice my life." These powerful words can effect all and many at times. The young prince was given a toast in his honor and the banquet be honored in his remembrance for he is a hero, that no one really wanted to cheer in such a way.

MaestroRage responds:

yes, the spirit of this lad would be remembered, it is a shame it came to that, but even the king must be able to feel human emotions. That day many wives, children, and mothers held their head with pride. Some would hide their tears, others would let them out, to let the world know that there is sacrifice there, and that it is placed firmly in their hearts.

Though strength alone might have made them fighters, heart and courage had made them soldiers.

Well written TGO, well written indeed. Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it. I apologize for the late response.

Well Done!

Something that is actually not stolen from the game. You did a great job on this too. Excellent Work!

Gorekiller responds:

... Hey thanks ! I didn't know that you would appreciate my MIDI works !

FINALLY!

This is something I've been looking for for a long time now! Thank You for making this! This is a perfect theme for what I'm working on. Great Song!

No problem, brother!

The Years Without Photos

The memories encased within the minds of these three friends by the sunset lake. As they remember the times of their youth. Sure they're only ages of 20 now, but before then they recall times of greatness in their thoughts, fun of the suns almight rays, and the beliefs that another day will be bright upon the lake's clear aura. And when they become old with their own children they too will bring them down by the lake and after many years when they are retired they will be able to see their grandchildren play and swim in the lake like they have in the past. These are the years that need no photos for tales around a fire at night can tell more than a common picture.

Another brilliant audio Maestro. I enjoyed it quite well. It's nice to listen to something by you when my mind is set at an uneasy balance. Thank You.

The-Great-One

MaestroRage responds:

I quite like your statement there TGO, "The Years without Photos". It gives me quite a few ideas! It is true of course, there are moments, feelings that a camera wil simply never be able to capture.

We can only hope that lake stays there for those kids to enjoy, like there are years without photos, there are places without time, and sadly places where time wipes them out.

Here's to that image TGO, keep up the good writing, thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Magnificent!

This is a great audio and it loops quite well. I can tell you put effort into this, very well done. You should do a lot more loops.

A-New-Decade responds:

Thanks, I really put a lot into it.

AWESOMENESS!

Makes a good theme for a fight scene! Hmm...I wonder how far this could go here on Newgrounds. Well awesome song! Very captivating and creative remix!

Cosmos8942 responds:

Eh? o.o...this was originally a Kirby Superstar audio piece...as I said, I only did a 'slight remix' of the original...now that I am better though...maybe I will go back and try again =o.

Cya, and thanks for the review :D,
-AJ-

Listened and Now Reviewing

I have been listening to your stuff for a good while, but I was just zipping through Newgrounds giving out scores and trying to get my experience points deposited as quickly as possible. So now that I have actual free time I am reviewing audios, including some of MaestroRage's that I haven't reviewed yet. Now then I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my respects to her and yourself. This is one piece I've heard by you that is really captivating and that loops quite nicely. To tell the truth here it really sounds like a funeral piece (which is something I've been looking for for a while now) it's soothing yet depressing at the same time. A very captivating piece of music based on feeling...... I'm going to need a moment to gather my thoughts... so I bid you farewell and congratulate you on such a magnificent piece.

| The-Great-One |

Cosmos8942 responds:

Funeral piece...yep, more or less dreary...that is what I wanted. Though I will admit that I had no idea that anybody still listened to those "below 4" pieces that I sometimes submit. Stuff like this is not easy for me though as I am normally a easy-going guy. But I am glad that you liked it...pity I didn't notice your review till now though.

-AJ-

YEEHAW!

Bluegrass on Newgrounds!
This is an awesome loop! You should really do a remix of "Dueling Banjos." This is still great though!

Too.. many.. blisters.. Uh oh..

Bosa responds:

Oh man, you won't believe how many times I've been asked to do that.

Yep, them blisters do hurt.

30, Male