View Profile The-Great-One

243 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

Listened and Now Reviewing

I have been listening to your stuff for a good while, but I was just zipping through Newgrounds giving out scores and trying to get my experience points deposited as quickly as possible. So now that I have actual free time I am reviewing audios, including some of MaestroRage's that I haven't reviewed yet. Now then I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my respects to her and yourself. This is one piece I've heard by you that is really captivating and that loops quite nicely. To tell the truth here it really sounds like a funeral piece (which is something I've been looking for for a while now) it's soothing yet depressing at the same time. A very captivating piece of music based on feeling...... I'm going to need a moment to gather my thoughts... so I bid you farewell and congratulate you on such a magnificent piece.

| The-Great-One |

Cosmos8942 responds:

Funeral piece...yep, more or less dreary...that is what I wanted. Though I will admit that I had no idea that anybody still listened to those "below 4" pieces that I sometimes submit. Stuff like this is not easy for me though as I am normally a easy-going guy. But I am glad that you liked it...pity I didn't notice your review till now though.

-AJ-

YEEHAW!

Bluegrass on Newgrounds!
This is an awesome loop! You should really do a remix of "Dueling Banjos." This is still great though!

Too.. many.. blisters.. Uh oh..

Bosa responds:

Oh man, you won't believe how many times I've been asked to do that.

Yep, them blisters do hurt.

Epic

As if soldiers were traveling through a rainforest as the night skies bring out the creatures of the night and as they travel they are reminded of the splender that they see. The stars above them that show of hope for all of them in time and in patience.

You make such wonderful music, and this piece is very well done, you and this LadyArsenic make a good duo. Have you two done any other collabs?

MaestroRage responds:

hello TGO. LadyArsenic and I have made a few collabs before, "The Woman's Roar" and "Crumbling Cathedral" are both songs i've collabed with her, though this is our first musical collaberation in the sense that we both worked on it musically. The other two collabs features her brilliant voice. I hope you listen to both, they are really something else.

Your imagery is also one that struck many chords with me. I am somebody who is heavily influenced by landscapes and natural imagery, so that story, though short, allowed me to really get into the scene, and build it to my liking...

an image I will have to let go of eventually... but not just yet :D.

I am glad you liked the tunes TGO, thank you for the review ^^.

Masterpiece

Truly great. You need to put more stuff like this on Newgrounds. I have only one question...is that you actually singing? Because if it is you could have a nice little bit of fame on Newgrounds. Excellent job.

Naitzmic responds:

I have a bunch of other stuff out on Newgrounds.
Go check it out!

To answer your question, no, this is not me singing.
It's the voice of fellow Newgrounds-user; Alex Sandford.

He has been a "guest-singer" on a number of my songs.
I suggest you listen to "Winds" and "Left Behind" (both posted on
my profile) if you want to hear more of his singing.

Hmm...

Sounds close to Monstro in Kingdom Hearts, but it's different. I like it it's like a village in suspicion. Very calm like a village but somewhat eerie. Very nice indeed.

Winterwind-NS responds:

Kingdom Hearts eh? that game with the disney characters n such?
thanks for the review

Lost with No Wisdom

It appears before the battlefields that Kings march onward ignoring there own wisemen sentencing them to death. The battles range on between two kingdoms that once got along prosperously until one from one kingdom killed another from the other, then war became announced. These killings due to the lone killer's actions have caused destruction and mayhem among two that were once one. With the wise ones heading to the gallows all is lost on hope except for thousands to die in the matter of meager mortals decisions.

Another great piece of music you have created. I enjoyed it greatly.

MaestroRage responds:

It is strange, how rash emotions have often ruined ideal and prosperous scenerios. It is no surprise to read the head of the lion, like always, will attack what it pleases. The body, must sadly follow regardless of what it may be thinking.

It is a story that rings true in history as well as fiction. Well written The-Great-One!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it! Sorry for the late response, keeping track of reviews are incredibly hard with the new system!

Speechless

As the boy stands before the ruins of such a happy place destroyed by man, as man see and hate one another it makes the demons cry to see such hatred. When demons cry places are destroyed and when demons cry to release an anger upon man.

That is why demons prey on men of hatred and war and when the innocent soul is met and shows heart and not violence, the demon accepts it.

You can call them demons, but I call them angels, angels referred to as demons by man.

You have made another great audio and I truly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Thank you for another great experience.

Hello TGO.

A very very interesting concept you have written here. I have never once thought of demons in this nature, and truth be told, it is very endearing.

Listening to this piece with your story, it sits very well, and opens up volumes of stories and ideas.

Thank you for THAT experience! I am glad you liked the piece, thank you again for the review. I apologize sincerely for the late response :(.

The Plans of Action

I really loved this piece, it is masterful, in it's own words. I wrote another story in my review, but I'm going to PM it to you instead to read.

Your music gets better and better over time, you go from perfection to higher qualities of perfection.

MaestroRage responds:

Perfection to higher quality perfection eh? The statement alone makes me sit down and think. If there is a higher quality of perfection, there cannot be any form of perfection, and because of this, there was never any perfection to begin with.

So you think they all suck D:!?!?!?!

I joke, I jest, I gibe ;)

Thank you for the review and the story! I am glad you liked it! I apologize for the late response!

Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!

First things first, I love the Newgrounds Rumble Game! Very Awesome! I have a few ideas on a sequel if you're willing to give a listen.

Now then, you're remix of the Newgrounds Theme to be put into a battle theme is a crazy idea, but this idea has worked very well! Awesome song!

Evil-Dog responds:

it's not me who should listen to your ideas, I just made the music, tell Aaron(NegativeOne) about it instead.
Thanks for the comment :)

Simple Tears...

The shedding of a man's tears as he begins to see through another's eyes. The pathes that another has walked, the choices that another has chosen, shocks such a man to bring tears to his eyes, but these tears are not those of eternal sadness no, but they are tears of joy for one kind and beautiful maiden has brought one out of sorrow and shown him life that others live, not within the darkness, but within the light, she reached out her hand to his and pulled him towards the light, she saved him from a grim fate that may have been worse than death itself.

I wrote a story like this called "The Dark and Light of Life" and I wrote that story inspired by one of friends who has gone through life's turmoils. I only wish I could help him more, but all I can do is just sit and listen and hopefully help with his sadness...He has a hidden unhappiness, and there's hardly anything I can do about it, yet words help more than others think.

This piece really speaks to me, I'm going to have to stop writing now, I need some time to gather my thoughts.

MaestroRage responds:

Your story is one that reflects on my own memories. Though I do not speak in the sense I claim to have experienced the harsher things in life, I have known those who have. It is sad, to see them slowly succumb to themselves, and like you said, all I could do was sit, and listen.

I'm glad you were able to relate to the piece, though of course by no means do I mean I am glad it didn't trigger a happy one.

After reading your story I sat back, closed my eyes and lived it. Taking the scenery slowly into view, creating characters, an entire world was born. It was... an interesting hour.

Thank you for the story and review The-Great-One. I really enjoyed it!

Male