View Profile The-Great-One

All 418 Movie Reviews

125 w/ Responses

I wanna start with the positives first. The artwork and animation are beautiful! You have done some great work here. The music was a great choice, but I think you could have made a better choice from the Audio Portal. The story though is where I got confused. The Earth and the Moon get in a fight, the Moon leaves. Misses the Earth and then comes back. An interesting idea, but not conveyed well.

I decided to read your Author's Comments to see what I may have missed and I pretty much hit the nail on the head. You state that without being able to have facial features or dialogue, that is no excuse. You can tell a great story without words or faces and you have failed to do so here. You did this to get the handle of Blender and it paid off, but I think you focused more on working with Blender than anything else really.

*Great Music
*Okay Story

*Story - Not Executed Well

Pahgawk responds:

Thanks! You're absolutely right about my focus. Hopefully the next thing I make will be a little better rounded.

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't get it. The most I got was that he lost someone special and that this someone haunts him every year. Nothing much is explained beyond that. The voice acting although good is hard to hear over this music, which feels out of place. The artwork and animation are quite nice. This movie just left me confused, the story wasn't paced well and you left me in the dark for quite a bit. Mystery is nice, and it makes the viewer intrigued, but execution is everything, and this was executed poorly.

*Great Artwork

*Bad Story
*Music - Too Loud
*Voice - Too Soft

francisyfl responds:

Theres not much to understand, the guy s just crazy, and hes going throught a crazy day, hes imagining 60% of everything you saw, why ? i dont know, ya tell me . Its a thing, not everybody has to get it . Hm, i thought the audio was fine, i took a day just to do a bunch of tests with different levels of volume on each track of audio, hm, i dont know, i ll keep experimenting for next time.

This was a bit better than the previous one. The artwork is still unimaginative, the animation is still very poor, the sound effects were better. The voice acting isn't good, you really need to get some voice actors here on Newgrounds or at the very least a better microphone. The writing this time around was hard to understand due to the voice acting, I had to watch it twice to get anything, and even then it was quite short and didn't really go anywhere. I think you need to work on your pacing a bit, slow down and take your time. Again, there is a lot of potential here... its just not going anywhere.

*Okay Artwork
*Okay Sound
*Okay Story

*Bad Animation
*Bad Voice

The artwork and animation I thought was a bit lackluster. I think you could have spent more time on this. The voice acting wasn't too great, but the dialogue was fast paced and funny in terms of making fun of anime. The sound effects weren't all that great either, a bit clunky and static. I think there is potential here, but the delivery just didn't do it.

*Okay Artwork
*Okay Voice

*Bad Animation
*Bad Sound

Wow, now this was really good. First off the artwork and animation are quite superb. The colors, the shadows, the expressions, it is all wonderfully done. The music choice from the audio portal fit this movie like a glove. The voice acting top notch, the sound as well is top notch, but what really sells this is the writing. This literal interpretation of an elephant in the room is done so beautifully through these chosen words. I really have nothing much too complain about, my only wish was for it to be longer. Taking real life situations and turning them into crimes, thus with an elephant in the room to expose the skeletons in the closet. Kudos to you sir.

*Superb Voice

(none)

Wow. Rarely am I speechless, but damn was this good! I loved the idea of an entire society solving their problems with chess, as time goes by though, the one rule is taken out and therefore anarchy and chaos ensues. This dystopia that you have presented here is simply gorgeous. Instead of being dark and ruined it shows that just because the world is in ruin doesn't mean it is robbed of its color.

The story is not only a bit dark, it is funny to... you hit the nail on the head with this dark humor with the use of these colorful yet still threatening characters. The voice acting for this is also spot on, so kudos to each of the voice actors in this. I am intrigued to learn more about these different characters seeing as we only got the name of one of them being "Bro".

The music choices were wonderful and fit each scene appropriately. The sound effects were also done very well making me feel like I was there. When that shuttle went down I truly did feel the impact that it had. This was a marvelous piece of animation and I can't wait to see more.

*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Voice
*Perfect Score

(none)

It's not often you see 3D being used here on Newgrounds. The artwork and animation are beautiful from beginning to end, I will say though that the wolf doesn't have much expression to him, we can't really see a lot of emotion in him, which is a crucial element when looking at the story. I am still a bit confused about this story, the wolf is sad that Red is dead... okay, but did he kill her, did she just die, I mean it is a bit strange to see how this would cause a suicide. Suicide is a touchy subject, but I think you needed to explain a bit more through the wolf.

The music choice was a good one, but it seems to be setting the tone too early on, I think silence would have done this movie better to build the appropriate atmosphere. The sound effects are standard fair, nothing out of the ordinary there. All in all, I get the feeling that more time was spent on the animation than the building of the story. Still great, but could have been better.

*Great Music
*Great Sound

*Story - More Explanation
*Animation - Wolf Needs More Emotion

Your usual style is still present here, however if I'm not mistaken, you seem to have grown more with your artwork and animation. When I read the title, I was excited to see Death make a return and I wasn't disappointed. Not only that, but he was accompanied by these other three colorful characters. The music that was just playing through this was a bit bland, but that ending theme was just amazing. The voice acting is hilarious and the pacing of this is wonderful, I had no clue what they were gonna say or do next. This is just begging to be made into a series, possibly a battle with Raptor Jesus, but that's just me wishing. All in all, a wonderful little movie that made me laugh today.

*Superb Voice
*Superb Music

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks great one. i would like to see these guys meet raptor jesus too actually.

This is an interesting little parody or I guess satire. Not on Wikipedia, but people who abuse it and will copy and paste a whole page from Wikipedia to possibly look smarter. At the end it also seemed to take a small shot at those who abuse Kickstarter as well to gain funds for things they could probably do with little to no funding at all, in other words just basic donations. So the synopsis of this story is interesting. The delivery I find to be a bit crude and not in an entirely good way. It's going for just straight up shock value and that's pretty much it. I believe it could have been handled better.

The design of the characters I liked, however I didn't like the lack of effort put into the Facebook page. I get that it's not the focus of the short, but some fun could have been had with that. People love background humor and you wasted a chance at having some. The animation flowed very smoothly from beginning to end, the pacing was done very well.

The music choices from the Audio Portal were both great and kudos to those artists. The sound effects were also done very nicely. The voice acting, although crude, was done spot on, kudos to Omahdon as well.

All in all this wasn't too bad, it has a nice comedic message, and is paced well, but it's delivery is where it falls apart. Nothing too spectacular.

*Great Artwork
*Superb Music
*Great Voice

*Story - Concept and Pacing Nice / Delivery Bad

We start from the beginning, both with this movie and the opening of the world. We see your Minecraft Steve traverse through a mine. We see him in a house and then it is time to plant some seeds. He later learns that plants near water grow faster. This then leads to him getting water and fighting monsters on his way back.

Your style of the world of Minecraft is very beautiful, the creepers look phenomenal, but Steve could have looked better as well as some of the items.. The animation is superb as well, especially on Steve's eyes, but it too can be a bit lackluster here and there. All in all the world as we know it and its inhabitants have never looked better.

The music is original and from the Audio Portal which is always a plus, but not only that it fit very well here with what was going on here. It kept me invested and made me enjoy what I was watching. The sound effects were also all suitable.

I had a strange feeling when watching this as if I've seen this somewhere before. It took me back to another series here on Newgrounds entitled "Another Day". The simplistic nature of just gardening and exploring the world. When you get passed all the amazing things to do in this world you realize that simplicity matters the most. I believe you are one of the few who have made Minecraft videos to realize this. However you do not disappoint with a funny Creeper ending which I can only best sum up as the cake is a lie. This movie on the other hand is certainly no lie. Kudos to you good lady, kudos indeed.

29, Male