View Profile The-Great-One

All 418 Movie Reviews

125 w/ Responses

This is simply beautiful. The artwork in this is highly impressive from beginning to end, it truly is like watching a moving painting. The animation is quite superb on not only the little boat, but its environments.

The story is interesting, using no words and nothing but sound to show this little boat's journey which I found fascinating just seeing where this little boat would go next. There really is nothing else to say here. If this is just experimental I would love to see what a full project from you would be like. Overall this movie is absolutely wonderful.

(none)

The artwork was great on the two kids, but the Zelda looked awesome, really top notch. The animation flowed smoothly from beginning to end, even though there wasn't a lot going on it still worked.

The music was a bit bland it was just there, nothing to spectacular and didn't really add or take anything away from the movie. The voice acting was great though, kudos there. The sound effects were minimal, but still good as well.

The story was just... stupid. It's a parody on the different PSA's that came at the end of shows like Captain Planet, G.I. Joe, and Sonic the Hedgehog, that I get. However I don't see the purpose of Zelda doing this. Why Zelda? Why this subject of using the word gay as an insult to begin with? All it does is set up a joke which isn't all that funny at the end. There is no such thing as a bad idea, but this could have been more. If you were going to parody PSA's and use Zelda in the first place, why didn't you just go with The Legend of Zelda TV show? The writing here was poor and doesn't pace itself well, it's just lazy and immature.

Overall the it does look nice, but it doesn't present itself well. You know what you're doing in terms of art and animation, but I would suggest looking into getting a writer.

*Good Music
*Good Sound

*Bad Story

LewToons responds:

"It's a parody on the different PSA's that came at the end of shows like Captain Planet, G.I. Joe, and Sonic the Hedgehog, that I get. However I don't see the purpose of Zelda doing this. Why Zelda? "

I really don't think you understand those PSAs at all haha

Why is Flint at this soccer game? ^^

The point is the characters are meant to be role models and it doesn't matter who shows up or what the context is.

But I do appreciate the in depth review - Even if it is for a cartoon about homeless guys suckin' each other off.

I have put off on reviewing this movie for far too long, but here it goes. The artwork in this is not only a humorous style with the kids, but the two audience members are detailed quite well. The animation is perfect from beginning to end, it all flows very smoothly and fast. The story is pretty much standard fair with your comedy from the screaming and yelling, but with some of your parodies where it seems a bit out of place, it really works with this concept. Parodying the second Transformers movie through a 3rd Grade Play was simply genius. The timing was perfect, the pacing was fast and had me laughing from beginning to end. The voice acting also fits very well here, the sound effects are all perfect, and the music by HappyHarry was spot on as always, so kudos to him. This is one movie I can watch again and again. A true masterpiece.

*Perfect Score

(none)

Your style is still present here, but I'm not completely sure it fits here. The comedy was still good, but in the artwork and animation department I felt there could have been more. Also I felt this was a bit short, some more shenanigans could have happened with this scenario, I think you wasted a good set-up unless you're looking for a continuation. All in all though, I knew what was gonna happen after the urinal scene. A bit predictable, which I'm not used to seeing from you. Not bad, but you have certainly done better.

*Great Story
*Superb Voice

Let's start from the top. The artwork and animation in this sends me back to the styles of "Ren and Stimpy" in its humor as well as artwork, when used in the aspects of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic it opens up a lot of possibilities for facial expressions and overall humor. The music fit well both in the actual world and when Applejack was tripping. The story is a wonderful parody tied together well by the voice actors, the Fat Albert voice for Fluttershy was amazing and surprisingly fit well. All in all this is an outstanding and hilarious movie that hits all its notes perfectly. Kudos to you sir.

Beautifully Done

Well let's get started. This took a lot in the process of creation, I know I followed the collab thread. To be honest I absolutely loved it. The animation in each part is simply masterful, there's not a flaw I can find. The sketches ranged from funny to hilarious, with the best being the finale by Mr. Lange that had me laughing until I was crying, but if the other entries weren't as funny I probably wouldn't have made it to the end so overall this was quite funny. The music I'm a bit hit and miss with, I liked the Mario music, but the commercial music used just didn't seem in place. The sound effects were spot on, no real complaints here. All in all I really enjoyed this.

Ape Escape Meets Grand Theft Auto

Well the artwork and animation are superb as always Mr. Lobster. The sound effects were layered in nicely and don't upset the song in anyway. The voice acting and the song are purely masterful, sheer perfection. It told a cool little random story and your characters are just as hilarious as always, I like the introduction of Hernando, Fernando's brother, also is it just me or did Randy get slimmer? Some workout regime perhaps? All in all this made me smile from ear to ear so I quite enjoyed myself and can't really see any flaws here.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks great one.
i didn't consciously draw randy slimmer - there's a lot of rich foods on the island though, maybe now she's left...

Simply Amazing

Let's start from the beginning. The artwork and animation. Both are spot on and amazingly done, I have no complaints on them, although they are stick figures the timing and detail gone into them is just immaculate. The sound effects are perfect and this is important, mainly due to every little bit counting from footsteps as well as their terrain. The music choices were all outstanding and the voice acting from this cast was simply amazing. The story was a bit hard to follow at first, but I came to understand it and I can't wait to see more.

When it comes down to this flash movie you seem to be one of few Newgrounds members who have started to use Newgrounds properly in a way. Find and collaborate with others and all those you have found certainly make this flash shine. Kudos to you good sir.

*Perfect Score

Shayphis responds:

Wow, thanks so much for the review man, i really appreciate it :)

Breakfast at Tiffany's

The style you present here is still apparent from the artwork to the animation, so nothing entirely new in that department from your past works. The music choice was good for the massage room, but I felt you could have had something else to fill in the backstory for "Tiffany" when he made his gallant pose, probably would've had a stronger effect. The story is just as much mindfuck as anything else you've given us and I love the quirky humor you brought here, not really disturbing this time around yet still has that charm that makes it bizarrely interesting. Something that your friends will certainly find surprising to see on their Facebook page that's for sure.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thank you oh mighty the great one!

Awesomeness!

The artwork is quite superb, top notch stuff here people. The animation can be a bit jittery at times, but other times it is top notch and beautiful to look at, especially the battle scenes. The story here is what seals the deal, chronicling the players of the game it's pretty damn cool to see. My favorite characters have to be Kirbopher, Nylocke, and Rockoon as of right now. I can see the love story set up with Alpha and Flamegirl right now, and I'm a sucker for a good love story... key word here is GOOD love story, so I'm hoping that doesn't get fucked up sometime down the line. All in all I wasn't too sure based off the trailer I saw of this, but after watching it I'm excited for the next episode to see where it will go next.

*Superb Music