View Profile The-Great-One

242 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

Assertive?

This is a great Techno song with an awesome beat, however I just don't quite understand the title, I don't see how this was Assertive. I really love the song it's just how is it assertive?

RenoakRhythm responds:

Thanks for the review.

I made another song called Competent Mood and its basically the same structure with a different feel. So this song is called Assertive mood since its more happy than competent. Other than that, the title makes no sense....I know...lol

Fucking Hilarious!

This is nothing more than just hilarious! Rig, you should make more stuff like this. A reading based off of something on Newgrounds with great effects especially the audience effect. This has started my day off quite well.

Rig responds:

Why thank you, sir. Hope the rest of the day is as awesome.

Ensnaring The World With Our Might

The proud and brave leave today. To battle amongst those outside the walls. To make those who dare defy us tremble with fear. Prisoners of war are only soldiers blocked by barriers, for this event we must show no mercy. The days the violins will play for our battle and pride, to pay tribute to those in our nation that may die. The king's are playing chess and the pawns are the citizens that rank below. Armies of nine prepare, a ill-savior who was chosen as leader has now been found as corrupt. For we prepare for darkness... for we prepare for a fate worse than death... For death is something unpredicatable, but this shall be a death in which we know of the coming.

Sorry once again for that banter, Maestro it seems you are taking steps back to your old self once again, although you've done quite a good bit of songs about war lately, no offense or anything, I understand that you make your music from your thoughts, creativity, and emotion... but as a listener I wouldn't mind hearing something different. Still a phenomenal piece Maestro.

MaestroRage responds:

A brilliant story TGO. I loved it with all me heart as always :'D.

I wish I could do other songs TGO, you have no idea sir. But it seems i've been pigeon holed into writing war songs for people. It's the only songs that are being commissioned XD. I can't blame them, in flash games where it's so critical to save space, everybody just wants to highlight the action, the bulk of the game, with no room for songs of sweet joy, or of anything alongside that nature.

Thanks for the review, glad you liked it!

Not As Fantastic

I hate to do this, but it just doesn't have the feeling to it that you've described. It's not a bad song, but I'm just not feeling the pain or sorrow you put in this song. To be quite honest I really don't like this song that much. I found it to be quite a mess and I'm sorry to say this really isn't one of your better works Maestro.

MaestroRage responds:

none taken at all TGO. As you know I value sincere and honest reviews. Please don't feel like you must apologize for your opinion.

I understand that this style was not my usual, as a result something(s) probably were not conveyed right or proper. I like to think I did a decent job, but there is without a doubt, weaknesses in it.

Thanks for the honesty, and the review! I hope the next ones are more your cup of tea :D!

Breathtaking...

Beautiful, majestic, wonderful. More words could better descirbe it, but all in all I find this audio to be superbly supreme to any other classical piece I may have heard in the past. You sir certainly are a gifted wonder and it is songs like this that make me happy to be alive and living within this world... it shows all the wonders that can from here or there and there and then. Thank you for bringing this to our ears... thank you for sharing... thank you for making our days better with this truly masterful audio.

-Joe

Reasoner responds:

Very kind and expressive words which will always be something I'm incapable of portraying without the aid of music. Thank you for stopping by and for taking time to leave a heartfelt message. I'm very thankful to everyone who has given such high regards for this piece :)

The Sorrow and Death Notes

I can sense it now, a feeling of sadness and remorse. From the window the sun shines, but here the sun doesn't shine. The tears gather on the piano's keys and you wonder of others share them with you. No one to comfort and even so who could. The piano is the only thing there before you... however although you bring forth happiness from it you just can't seem to muster the joy from the notes.

An excellent piece indeed, you've done quite well on the piano and I can't wait to hear more from you. You've given me an inspiration for a short story to write about the piano now. Everything flowed together so well, and this does in fact loop perfectly.

midnightmadness11 responds:

thank you. just for the record, i didn't play this on ze piano, i can't play a musical instrument whatsoever. i just put this together digitally. you are also my first ever review. :D i was feeling very unloved. as i did back when i made this song. you have no idea how much i appreciate some recognition.

Majestic

From beginning to end. It certainly defines in my mind a battle or adventure theme indeed (mainly battle). It's uses aren't as limited as I or anyone else say, this could be used in many things I assure you. Another outstanding song MaestroRage. Keep up the masterful work.

MaestroRage responds:

Thanks TGO! I'm sure somebody will want to use it for something, for that person, go right ahead ;D! Thanks again for the review, glad you liked it!

Pulls You In

This song just pulls you in and makes you hear every single thing about it that makes the song just great! From start to finish it builds and builds with more and more. A love theme it is (hence the title) but more than that this song is... it goes through what I believe either as a pathway or a cycle... of love, hurt, pain, and either love again, or complete destruction and self realization. You may or may not have seen the emotional spirals in this song, maybe you planned it that way, but that is exactly what I see when I hear this song. I can even mark the points of it as well.

00:01-00:14 Meeting One Another
00:15-01:29 Love
1:30-2:25 Hurt and Pain
2:26-2:39 Memories
2:40-3:08 Finding Each Other Again
3:09-3:52 Love Reprise
3:53-5:15 Love Forever / Lonely Life & Self Realization

Another superb song. Keep up the masterful work ahead of you.

Kr1z responds:

Dude, thats the most beautiful description I've ever read :O
I'm so glad you see the meaning of my music :D !!
Thanks for the review, I'll keep it up dude :)

Masterful

Very masteful I must say. Every last beat and note is just perfect in every single way. When I first heard of you you were a duo with F-777, this is honestly the first song I have heard by you. Epic, dare I even utter such a word... this isn't just a dance beat to dance to, it can be used for a variety of things... for some reason it reminds me of Final Fantasy... but that may going a step too far, however I think it not. Congratulations on such a grand song and be sure to remember that I will be listening more within the future.

Kr1z responds:

Yeh, the collabs with F-777 were great :) More to come :D
If you enjoy this, then have a listen (when u have some time) to my other "burning" songs, they have the same style ^^. Dude, ur review is epic !! Thanks so much!!

Not Bad...

It does remind me of the Light Aura, and the way it ends you could slowly have another audio enter explaining the Dark Aura as well. Nicely done.

x-Exodus-X responds:

Yeah, that's true. Thanks!

30, Male