View Profile The-Great-One

242 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

I Like This

I'm not a person for hip-hop either. This certainly is an enjoyable piece of music. Throw in some good lyrics (and I mean LYRICS) and then you'd have a rap song that could blow away even Emenim. Keep up the outstanding work.

C-Enterprise responds:

Thanks for the review ;)

Perfection

I haven't heard many remixes or covers that did this song justice, but you certainly have given it great honor. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this piece. Just listening to it takes me through Kingdom Hearts once again. Breathtaking music. Bravo and certainly keep up the outstandingly masterful work.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

Sorrow-316 responds:

im Glad you Liked it! Thanks for Reviewing Aswell!

My Story...

The moonlight she beckons above. It is a bitter cold outside. However inside a warm house, a gathering of friends. However two friends are about to find out that they were meant for one another. The host steps outside into the cold, the lady goes in search of him, to find him out in the cold. He offers his coat to her... and wonders why she is out here... she wonders the same thing. Talking begins between two, a story told, a fantasy, an adventure to begin, a winding road set out and both know now about the other. A passionate kiss, this is real love. Love of two, a love that can not be broken by no untrustworthy thoughts. When the two enter the house, the group of friends are in cheer and glee in celebration.

A lonely man has found his way. A young lady has found her care.
A journey has begun, however where it shall end is unknown.
To the near future, and beyond. Without hesitation and much desire.
Let love lead the way, down an aisle and back again, arm in arm.
Together forever. A destiny in time, destinies intertwined.

The bold-looking man, with a caring heart. The beautiful white rose, with enchantment and wisdom. Don't let go of the ones you care about, and do anything for them.

Well Bosa I believe this is the longest story I've ever written for a Newgrounds Audio Submission. This certainly is a captivating audio and I can understand if you coudln't muster yourself to leave a story for it. I may have had a typo or two when typing this, because well this song made me think about a lot of things. Why must the audio portal unlock the human side of me? Anyways you've made me envision things I didn't want to envision, because I know that they'll never be a reality. A magnificent audio all in all. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

-Joe

Bosa responds:

Know well that all is possible with patience. Also know that a quick ambition to yearn for what one wants and not for what one needs is not wise. If you search truth, meaning, love, then you must wait as all will be revealed for the meek.

I have found love, truth, and meaning because I know what lies in store for me. If you're searching for love, then know that there is always someone out there for you, someone that will make you happy and will give you support in times of trouble.

Patience is the heart of gold.

-Bosa

You See Battlefield - I See Something Else

The rich old miser sitting upon the leather chair. A fire in front of him. For mirrors show the truth, they do not speak like a fire does. A painting hung above the fire showing the glory he has set, a painting of himself. As he sits there with the clock ticking slowly, he notices he is indeed old of age and the only thing he has ever done with his life was make money for himself. With all the money he has earned he isn't happy. Goals were set and accomplished, but what was in the middle? Memories of good time? If you count counting money... then yes.

Um... could you please continue this further? It appears that I cannot end my story. Your song seems incompleted not short. It has many aspects that I like and I'm sure you probably noticed which ones reading through my story. All I ask is that you finish this song so I may finish my review as well as my story.

Lamplighter responds:

A very nice scene, matches better than mine! I never really liked my story, because pretty much everyone uses battles and death. Yours is so much different, and it provides a more unique view. I'll certainly finish this song, sometime.

Thanks for the review!

Bonsai Tree

I see the Japanese wonder. Trees in bloom with beautiful flowers. The old are respected by the youth. Fun and good fortune to all mankind, whether they be young and old, to big and small. It certainly is a land of prosper. Makes you wonder sometimes doesn't it.

Sorry this story was short, but well... the song was a bit repetitive so there really wasn't a whole lot for me to see. All in all you have a nice song here, but it could've gone on longer than needed.

Lamplighter responds:

That does make me think... strange, how their land is so different from ours, even though we are the same people. Hmm. Interesting.

My dad also made the comment that this was extremely repetitive, but I've gotten too tired of this song to fix that now. When I've learned more about song structure, I'll come back and redo this.

Thanks for the review and story, it's always appreciated!

Worry And Woe

The desk. The lights. The small confined box. The chatter of different people of different people. The crazy ones. The daring ones. The elements of the rain, sadden some people. As one looks toward the window in distress. Thinking why God do I do this everyday. How come I'm not like those below me with carefree lives to spend. How come I'm not there. Then this man looks toward a picture of him and his wife and his two children... and all questions are answered. Although the days may be dreary at time... the evenings will shine without sun for a happy home is upon the return.

Sorry for writing that little story above, this is what went through my mind though while listening to this song. It certainly is a magnificent piece and although I never heard the original, but I believe this is certainly a quality piece on it's own with your revisions. Masteful work. Keep it up.

Lamplighter responds:

Wow.... a review from The-Great-One! By all means, you can write as much as you feel like! I love reviews like this!

I think that bit of writing fit this perfectly! When I was working on this I kept having visions of someone sitting at their desk, looking out the window at the autumn leaves falling and marvelling at the beauty of the world, but your thoughts reflect the piece even better!

I thank you for the great review, high score, and compliments! It really means a lot!
My day is made now...

Ah Memories...

This took me back, not to mention I was just recently playing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World. You certainly did a fantastic job on this. Keep up the good work.

Ihsman07 responds:

Ah thanks. I tried hard on this one. I was thinking about throwing Dr. mario in there too, but I changed my mind. I may just do that one next.

It started with a line

Before you knew it I was enraptured amongst the clouds. They came to me, mere creations of my own imagination, dancing with souls and lives that I gave them. Characters running amok... to save the day we must, to save the day we trust, to save the day with haste, I am in their place to Save yet another day!

Sorry for that banter... when I sat back and listened to it, I remembered all the characters I created when I was younger... good times, good times. An absolute masterpiece.

Ihsman07 responds:

Wow. Thank you. I'm really glad you liked this. That's the kind of thing I want people to see and you saw it without any problem. Excellent. Thanks again.

Epic... Truly Epic

Quite masteful indeed. It gives that ambient feel between life and death. An essence of violence and justice within one's own mind, then we come to the part of destruction meets simplicity... not a pretty combination, but it holds it's own. Nicely done.

NemesisTheory responds:

that painted a cool picture in my head, actually! haha, wow. :P

I'm glad you enjoyed the song :)

Flip-Flop?

This actually seems more assertive than Assertive Mood, and Assertive Mood seems more competent. Both of these tracks are awesome, but I somewhat feel you mixed up the titles.

RenoakRhythm responds:

lol.... that funny, maybe i should have changed the titles around...oh well.

Thanks for the review.