The-Great-One

176 Game Reviews

48 w/ Responses

3 reviews are hidden due to your filters.

Absolutely Masterful

The artwork and animation are both nothing short of masterful. I found myself captured by the simple beauty of the game that I started getting hit by the enemies a lot. The sound is also quite masterful. Although there are no sound effects, I believe that sound effects would ruin this game, basically the background music choices were perfect. The controls are also quite masterful, to be honest some of the best controls I've seen in a shooter in a long time, especially when using a mouse. The gameplay was also quite masterful, with shooting different enemies and using pixels to make a colorful warfare, plus with the multiple upgrades it makes the game even more enjoyable. Overall this is a wonderful concept and a wonderful game. I would recommend this game to anyone.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay
*Addicting, Creative, and Fun

(none)

When Pigs Fly... Too Bad They Can't

Your artwork and animation are quite superb for a bit game. The sound effects on the pig and the background music were superb choices. The gameplay is avoidance of course, which I thought was a bad choice for this game, a platformer would've been better as well as a flight meter and enemies. The controls were good, but way too sensitive, that combined with some narrow areas to get through you'll be bumping off wall, after wall, after wall and losing your wings everytime. I know the wings are sensitive and all, but would'nt it be better to have more than one hit on the wings? This game is just annoying and quite boring, you fly a pig through a cavern with pitiful wings. A good idea turned wrongside out.

*Good Gameplay
*Good Controls

*Boring
*Narrow Paths
*Controls = Way Too Sensitive

I'm Not Exactly Wowed

The artwork and animation of the spiked balls are both good, they could've been made better and a nice little background would've suited better as well. The controls worked fine and the gameplay was simplistic and fun. There were no sound effects not even background music. You made this in 15 minutes? My advice is take 3 hours and give it a little bit of flare.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation

*No Sound

This Game Will Not Live Happily Ever After

Well the artwork is good, it doesn't wow me, but it's good. The animation is going by too fast, on both the prince and the witch, but that deals with the controls, and we'll get to that. The story is good, no wow factor here, just a basic fairytale where you play as the prince and you have to save Rapunzel from the witch by climbing her hair and the clouds. The first thing I want to discuss though are the controls. They are very slippery, you jump onto a cloud and you have to fight from sliding off of it with the left and right arrow, but that only makes you slip and slide more, and it doesn't help when the clouds are small and narrow either. Plus combined with the speedy animation, am I playing as a prince or is this Peter Pan, he just flies all over the screen. As for the gameplay let's talk about the platforms, I tried jumping through the bows on Rapunzel's hair and that doesn't work... makes sense so since that made sense I decided to jump through a cloud, instead of going through it I bounce my head off of it, which again doesn't make sense, but it's a boundary which I can cope with, then you have clouds in which you can jump through and look no different from any of the other clouds. Another thing is going to be the witch and the timer, first off where is the timer? I looked all over that screen and did not find a timer... so where is it? As for what the witch she's dropping there are times when she drops this item right in your path and it doesn't even disappear after being there for a little bit so you just gotta take what she drops and deal with it. This concept of this game is boring, the controls aren't stable, the gameplay is mediocre, oh yeah and there are no sound effects or background music at all. You really need to fix this game up some.

*Good Artwork
*Good Story

*Bad Animation
*Bad Controls
*Bad Gameplay
*No Sound

The Disaster is the Game Itself

First off your artwork and animation are beautifully done. I love how you modeled each and every character giving you the feeling that they're real. I especially loved how you gave great detail into the different scenes, like the woods and gas station. I also loved the voice acting, sound effects, and bits and pieces of background music they all truly made the game a wonderful piece of eye-candy. However the gameplay isn't all that great. First off its tough to figure out where to go, like finding the path in the forest that isn't all that visible is a bit tough as well as figuring out how to get behing the counter, that took me over ten minutes to figure out and I figured it out by accident. The controls worked great, and finding these different items was a bit challenging, but overall possible to do... except for that damn shiny object in the woods where we do run into some unfair challenge. Drive the remote control car to the other side and gain the shiny object, makes sense, but you ruin it with invisible bear traps, it got to the point where I had to access your walkthrough for help and even that didn't help out... so I had to go and find a video walkthrough then I basically used that and beat the game. You don't have a good point and click game if you can't figure stuff out or make unfair challenges. You have a great idea for the game, I really got wrapped up into this story... it certainlly is a great story, however the gameplay isn't.

*Superb Voice
*Superb Controls
*Okay Gameplay
*Superb Story

*Toy Car Mini-Game - Bear Traps = Cheap

Spelling Bees Turn Into Wasps

The artwork and animation is superb, especially the backgrounds. The controls make sense and are easy to use. The gameplay is great spelling words as fast as you can in time challenge. However in normal mode it would be nice for the words to disappear when you spell them as well and if you're left with letters left over then you either lose or spend points for new letters. Also a Pause Button that has a screen that covers the whole map so people can't cheat for the time challenge should be allowed. The sound was wonderful, a nice peaceful background music and some nifty sound effects. Overall this game is fun, but needs to be tweaked here and there.

*Great Sound

*Needs A Pause Button
*Points = Make Use For Time Challenge

Mm Mm Mm Mm Mm... Toasty

Your artwork and animation are both great, it works well. The controls are basic enough and as for the gameplay itself, it's a classic little arcade game. Although it would've been nice with better sound effects and background music. All in all it's a fun game to play if you wanna kill some time.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation
*Okay Sound

*Needs Background Music

Captivating and Brilliant

I want to start off by saying from the makers of "Little Wheel" it is no surprise that the artwork and animation are quite honestly masterful. I mean the three-dimensional stand-point making second floors to go through is just jaw-droppingly amazing. The gameplay is superb by updating with new things to experiment with along the way like spring squares, ramps, and speed boosts, but offering checkpoints out in some of these levels would've suited better. The sound is great as well, but the loop tends to get tiresome. I think more variety in music for the player to choose from would've been better. As for the controls they too are masterful and easy to pick-up and play with right of the bat. All in all it's a wonderful game.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Great Sound
*Superb Gameplay
*Masterful Controls

*Add Some Checkpoints

Roll With The Changes

Your artwork and animation is great, I enjoy the facial expressions of your enemies. The sound effects were great as well, but there is no background music at all, none, I know some people may prefer silence in a video game, but it would still be nice to have the option. As for the controls, they work great, throwing a grenade at any distance is easy, but hitting your mark is harder than it should be because the grenade likes to roll on forever, this mainly becomes a problem in Level 19 because you have to hit three different marks and it becomes a problem because your grenade keeps rolling. However if you can get past this small flaw the game is quite enjoyable game. If you ever do make a sequel I suggest adding some allies to your side, you can set them to where you want them to throw a grenade so when you throw a grenade to them they will throw it in said designated spot. A great game, can't wait for the sequel.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation
*Superb Gameplay
*Quite Fun

(none)

It's Time To Shoot... Nothing

Your artwork, animation, and sound are all superb, classic western, it truly never does get old. The gameplay is understandable, shoot to win, however you took this a step further by turning it into an RPG style game as well which I liked, but the game was also crippled by the entry fees, I understand it's a tournament and you're supposed to pay to play, but everytime you go to fight? That doesn't make much sense. The controls are also not that great, when you move your cursor it's sluggish to say the least and slippery, to where I've even past the target on certain moments. This game could've been great with better controls, but it sadly fails. A good game to look at that has basically the same controls, but executed better is the game "Cursor Run" here on Newgrounds, if you play that then this, you'll see what I'm talking about. Overall you had a great concept, but this game was ruined by faulty controls.

*Bad Controls