The-Great-One

176 Game Reviews

48 w/ Responses

3 reviews are hidden due to your filters.

Freaking Cool!

Well your artwork and animatoin are both great. You capture the Madness characters quite well. The music is superb capturing the Madness vibe without being a generic heavy metal song. The gameplay however is where I want to get to. The controls are superb and work well with type of game which is a quick-time action game in the sense of 'Dragon's Lair' which is really damn cool. All in all a fun game that tests your reflexes, a wonderful Madness Game.

*Great Sound
*Superb Controls

Plain with No Imagination

Well this is certainly an interesting little game. For a game entitled "Take a Walk." I didn't expect a lot, but what I can tell you is that I expected something a little bit more creative than what I got. Well the artwork is quite superb, the character and the world he is in are quite beautiful. The animation on our character and the birds in the game are great, but there really isn't a lot going on within this game so I can't really say I can reward you a lot here, but the movement is still great nonetheless. The story is pretty basic, you're going for a walk and listening to music as you go, which we come to sound effects which are Okay, since the only sound effects notable are in the title screen and the birds when there probably could've been a few more sound effects. The music however is quite superb, very well done and fit each level. The controls are a little stiff, jumping over that ledge or getting up these ledges without having your character stop can be troubling from time to time, but overall I have no complaints. The gameplay is interesting, but at the same time it is boring. You state it is a rhythm game when to keep the music playing you have to keep moving, the more you move without stopping the more birds you get, which you probably should've indicated what those birds do. It does tend to get boring and it kind of reminds me of the game on Newgrounds called :Snail: but overall this one is at least more interesting, but at the same time not.

*Great Story
*Okay Sound
*Great Controls
*Good Gameplay

*Controls - A Bit Stiff
*Gameplay - Slightly Boring

Very Fun Game

Well the artwork is just stick figures, but you do give them some good character facial features. The animation is what really brings these characters to life though, showcasing each and every movement. The sound choices and musical choices were all very good choices, you're one artist who knows how to actually find good music from the Audio Portal. The controls are pretty much point and click, but there is some quick time elements brought in that respond well, but you have to be fast. The gameplay and story both come together in this very well, this is quite possibly one of the better written comical stories on Newgrounds and the gameplay elements are both parodies as well as original ideas. It comes close to being Metal Gear, but is so obviously Phoenix Wright that it is just hilarious! Overall this is just a very fun game and I love it.

*Superb Sound
*Superb Voice
*Superb Controls

PuffballsUnited responds:

Sweet! Thanks for the awesome review!

My Mind Has Been Blown

READING THIS REVIEW EQUALS SPOILER ALERT!

Wow, and I mean wow is this good! First the artwork is great, this bit format is actually pretty good and as a point and click game the animation is actually pretty good, but there really isn't a lot going on here either. The music sets this uncomfortable tone, which is probably what you were going for. The story however is what makes this game. I played it until I got all three endings, one which was more common than the rest was Leigh and I still living together and being happy, the second ending I got was having Leigh out of my life and just me being happy, getting both of these endings I thought this was an interesting little love story... until I got the third ending and that's when my mind was blown, Leigh was a symbol for drugs, but not any kind of drugs... shooting up with a needle. I mean that's when everything else in the game made so much sense. While playing it and getting the other two endings the things he said and thought were odd, but then when I got that hospital ending it was just... damn.

*Good Animation
*Great Music
*Masterful Story

I'm Confused

Well the pixel artwork was actually quite superb an the animation superb as well, there really isn't much to complain about with this standard. The music was amazing to the ears. The sound is great, it's minimal, but what's here is good. The controls are masterful, it's easy to control your character and the concept of walking on different ceilings and such and flying is amazing and fun. The gameplay is a hit and miss, it's great to see these different storylines, but what kind of cripples this is the level design with the rifts. They are placed in obscure places from time to time and at times even have mazes made out of them which I find to be bullshit in certain games to make a maze out of things that kill you with one hit. This game resembles two other Newgrounds games "William & Sly" and "When Pigs Fly" however unlike "William & Sly" this isn't really all that boring and has an interesting story to tell as well, but like "When Pigs Fly" it can be tedious as hell as well. Speaking of the storyline, I really want to know what all is going on here. It's so bizzarre while at the same time being unique. I can sense something here of a deeper meaning, but I'm not sure what it is, but this should've had more of an ending to it than just this sad and/or cliffhanger ending. This game probably won't be for everyone out there, it's an adventure game with a storyline, unlike "William & Sly" though.

*Great Sound
*Masterful Controls
*Great Gameplay

*Gameplay - Level Design

I Hate This Game

The artwork doesn't look too bad, but isn't anything really great at all either. Your character looks plain as well as the levels, I know that they're all ice levels, but you could've gotten a little bit more creative with it. Next is the animation, it's nothing to go crazy about, but the game does lag from time to time even when set to the lowest quality which when setting it to low quality doesn't make the game change in appearance that much anyways. Next is the gameplay, a creative concept to make each level an ice level where you slip and slide and try not to die, using the camerman to show secret pathways that may look to be spikes is actually pretty cool. However the one thing that cripples this game are the controls. First off moving your character is easy to do, you have to be careful of him slipping and sliding though, but the wall jumping should've been worked on more, I've never had to deal with something so frustrating at times than the wall jumping. The music is good, but it gets annoying really quickly. There are no sound effects, which I believe should've been in a game like this. Overall your little comment of "It's Supposed To Be This Challenging" doesn't cut it for me. This game is kind of broken and for a game in which you only spent only 48 hours on, it shows.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Music
*Great Gameplay
*Good Controls

*No Sound
*Controls - Wall Jumping

I'm A Super Player!

You certainly did a great job on this quiz. What artwork was here was superb, what animation was here was great, but when covering up the box art you could've made it a little bit more presentable, but that's just me nit-picking. When starting off I was flying through this thing in Easy and Intermediate, but those hard questions were hard man. I really enjoyed this myself and I bet anyone who has played a Super Nintendo will to. My one and only real complaint would be for you to have more questions say around 36-60.

*Masterful Questions
*Wonderful Overall Presentation

*Artwork - Covering Boxart - A Bit Sloppy

This Is A Basic Review

The artwork and animation are great, but truthfully a bit uninspiring... and this mainly is the fault of the animation itself. When your main character walks and the enemies move it seems a bit unrealistic and not even that awkward realistic cartoony feel either, it's like he's a robot or something. The controls work wonderfully, I have no complaints on jumping and moving these are wonderful. The gameplay however is hit and miss. It's a puzzle platformer much like the game Lode Runner where you have to dodge bad guys collect goodies and get the treasure at the end, however you tweaked it with this sort of time traveling deal changing the texture of the land and even the music with it. From peaceful village area, to medieval times, and future. It's all here. The sound is also hit and miss, there aren't many sound effects here and what's here isn't all that good, but the background music defitnitely makes up for it. Now there are some things I want to gripe about and that being that the hit detection of some of the enemies and obstacles is just stupid especially in later levels and even some of the earlier levels you're in narrow ways which isn't easy to navigate through to begin with... however it is nice that your health recharges over time.

*Superb Sound
*Masterful Controls

*Sound - Poor Sound Effects

You're Gonna Need A Few More Years

I'm not sure if these sprites were made by you or not so I'm just gonna take artwork out of this score, it won't go towards ya or count against ya. The animation is okay, but it's bland. The game is put together in a mess it's really not pretty to look at. However the one thing that cripples this game is the gameplay and controls. The controls aren't that bad, but when I jump I feel like I'm on the moon, I just float up and float down. Also I tried opening the portal, but I had to save Egon first, makes sense you described it in your "How To Play" section which is hard to read to begin with, so I went to go look for Egon and this is when I learned real quickly that the enemies don't hurt you... so what's the point in shooting them? I got stuck in random spots for some reason, not sure why, but I just couldn't move. The gameplay seems boring and if this is only the first level then I really don't want to see the rest of the game. Also it's not bad that you have the Ghostbusters theme in here, but don't tell me that you can't go to the Audio Portal here on Newgrounds and find a remix of the theme. I guess it doesn't matter since the song keeps glitching and repeating in odd ways to the point of driving me insane. You have a nice idea, but it wasn't executed well.

*Okay Animation
*Okay Controls

*Glitch - Get Stuck In Random Spots
*Sound - Keeps Repeating and Glitching Out
*Bad Gameplay
*Bad Story
*Menu - Bland and Hard To Read

Instruction Booklet Required

Well let's start with the positive. The artwork and animation are both superb, the details on the hero, enemies, items, and environment are all represented beautifully. The gameplay is actually a good idea, this seems like a combination of "Lode Runner" and "Super Mario Bros." which I like. Now for the negative aspects... the sound effects were great, but the background music doesn't fit with this game, swap out the Mario music with something a bit more spacey, but subtle... check the Newgrounds Audio Portal for more. The main flaw about this game are the controls and information. You tell us what to get to win and you also tell us how to move, which is nice, but it would've been nice to know that enemies would be spawning out of one of these things and there's not a lot of room to really out run all of them like in Lode Runner. As for the controls they are way too slippery. Seriously my character just goes slipping and sliding all over the place, that needs to be fixed as well.

*Good Sound
*Good Gameplay

*Bad Controls
*Gameplay - More Detail Please?
*Sound - Background Music - Not Fitting