View Profile The-Great-One

All 165 Game Reviews

42 w/ Responses

I'm Confused

Well the pixel artwork was actually quite superb an the animation superb as well, there really isn't much to complain about with this standard. The music was amazing to the ears. The sound is great, it's minimal, but what's here is good. The controls are masterful, it's easy to control your character and the concept of walking on different ceilings and such and flying is amazing and fun. The gameplay is a hit and miss, it's great to see these different storylines, but what kind of cripples this is the level design with the rifts. They are placed in obscure places from time to time and at times even have mazes made out of them which I find to be bullshit in certain games to make a maze out of things that kill you with one hit. This game resembles two other Newgrounds games "William & Sly" and "When Pigs Fly" however unlike "William & Sly" this isn't really all that boring and has an interesting story to tell as well, but like "When Pigs Fly" it can be tedious as hell as well. Speaking of the storyline, I really want to know what all is going on here. It's so bizzarre while at the same time being unique. I can sense something here of a deeper meaning, but I'm not sure what it is, but this should've had more of an ending to it than just this sad and/or cliffhanger ending. This game probably won't be for everyone out there, it's an adventure game with a storyline, unlike "William & Sly" though.

*Superb Music
*Great Sound
*Great Gameplay
*Superb Story

*Gameplay - Level Design

I Hate This Game

The artwork doesn't look too bad, but isn't anything really great at all either. Your character looks plain as well as the levels, I know that they're all ice levels, but you could've gotten a little bit more creative with it. Next is the animation, it's nothing to go crazy about, but the game does lag from time to time even when set to the lowest quality which when setting it to low quality doesn't make the game change in appearance that much anyways. Next is the gameplay, a creative concept to make each level an ice level where you slip and slide and try not to die, using the camerman to show secret pathways that may look to be spikes is actually pretty cool. However the one thing that cripples this game are the controls. First off moving your character is easy to do, you have to be careful of him slipping and sliding though, but the wall jumping should've been worked on more, I've never had to deal with something so frustrating at times than the wall jumping. The music is good, but it gets annoying really quickly. There are no sound effects, which I believe should've been in a game like this. Overall your little comment of "It's Supposed To Be This Challenging" doesn't cut it for me. This game is kind of broken and for a game in which you only spent only 48 hours on, it shows.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Music
*Great Gameplay
*Good Controls

*No Sound
*Controls - Wall Jumping

I'm A Super Player!

You certainly did a great job on this quiz. What artwork was here was superb, what animation was here was great, but when covering up the box art you could've made it a little bit more presentable, but that's just me nit-picking. When starting off I was flying through this thing in Easy and Intermediate, but those hard questions were hard man. I really enjoyed this myself and I bet anyone who has played a Super Nintendo will to. My one and only real complaint would be for you to have more questions say around 36-60.

*Great Animation
*Masterful Questions
*Wonderful Overall Presentation

*Artwork - Covering Boxart - A Bit Sloppy

This Is A Basic Review

The artwork and animation are great, but truthfully a bit uninspiring... and this mainly is the fault of the animation itself. When your main character walks and the enemies move it seems a bit unrealistic and not even that awkward realistic cartoony feel either, it's like he's a robot or something. The controls work wonderfully, I have no complaints on jumping and moving these are wonderful. The gameplay however is hit and miss. It's a puzzle platformer much like the game Lode Runner where you have to dodge bad guys collect goodies and get the treasure at the end, however you tweaked it with this sort of time traveling deal changing the texture of the land and even the music with it. From peaceful village area, to medieval times, and future. It's all here. The sound is also hit and miss, there aren't many sound effects here and what's here isn't all that good, but the background music defitnitely makes up for it. Now there are some things I want to gripe about and that being that the hit detection of some of the enemies and obstacles is just stupid especially in later levels and even some of the earlier levels you're in narrow ways which isn't easy to navigate through to begin with... however it is nice that your health recharges over time.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation

*Sound - Poor Sound Effects

You're Gonna Need A Few More Years

I'm not sure if these sprites were made by you or not so I'm just gonna take artwork out of this score, it won't go towards ya or count against ya. The animation is okay, but it's bland. The game is put together in a mess it's really not pretty to look at. However the one thing that cripples this game is the gameplay and controls. The controls aren't that bad, but when I jump I feel like I'm on the moon, I just float up and float down. Also I tried opening the portal, but I had to save Egon first, makes sense you described it in your "How To Play" section which is hard to read to begin with, so I went to go look for Egon and this is when I learned real quickly that the enemies don't hurt you... so what's the point in shooting them? I got stuck in random spots for some reason, not sure why, but I just couldn't move. The gameplay seems boring and if this is only the first level then I really don't want to see the rest of the game. Also it's not bad that you have the Ghostbusters theme in here, but don't tell me that you can't go to the Audio Portal here on Newgrounds and find a remix of the theme. I guess it doesn't matter since the song keeps glitching and repeating in odd ways to the point of driving me insane. You have a nice idea, but it wasn't executed well.

*Okay Animation
*Okay Controls

*Glitch - Get Stuck In Random Spots
*Sound - Keeps Repeating and Glitching Out
*Bad Gameplay
*Bad Story
*Menu - Bland and Hard To Read

Instruction Booklet Required

Well let's start with the positive. The artwork and animation are both superb, the details on the hero, enemies, items, and environment are all represented beautifully. The gameplay is actually a good idea, this seems like a combination of "Lode Runner" and "Super Mario Bros." which I like. Now for the negative aspects... the sound effects were great, but the background music doesn't fit with this game, swap out the Mario music with something a bit more spacey, but subtle... check the Newgrounds Audio Portal for more. The main flaw about this game are the controls and information. You tell us what to get to win and you also tell us how to move, which is nice, but it would've been nice to know that enemies would be spawning out of one of these things and there's not a lot of room to really out run all of them like in Lode Runner. As for the controls they are way too slippery. Seriously my character just goes slipping and sliding all over the place, that needs to be fixed as well.

*Good Sound
*Good Gameplay

*Bad Controls
*Gameplay - More Detail Please?
*Sound - Background Music - Not Fitting

Jaws Eat Your Heart Out

The artwork is great, but the animation is quite superb. From the panicking people to the boats, to the aircraft, however the shark didn't look all that intimidating, but then again that would make him seem generic. The sound is all wonderful, from the explosions, people, shark, and especially the music. The gameplay is addicting and fun... being able to pull down helicopters and whole airplanes was the most fun I've ever had. The controls are easy to pick up and play with and work with players whether they are left handed or right handed or prefer a certain control scheme. This game is certainly a favorite in my book.

*Great Artwork

Chrono Cuboy

Your artwork and animation are both superb. The facial expressions on each character was represented perfectly from British boss, quirky hero, nefarious villain, and even to the bartender. The sound was just absolutely wonderful from the sound effects to the music. The voice acting was hilarious and spot on, to be honest masterful. The gameplay was also quite superb, it took some getting used to, but thankfully this was a game that taught you as you went along and it even stayed real, as in the final showdown you were taught what to do in a speedy manner which to me makes the game seem more realistic. The story is quite possibly the funniest and more original stories I have seen on Newgrounds... brilliant doesn't begin to describe it, overall you have set-up quite the little game series here and starting off in the Wild West is a good place to start, hopefully the sequel will involve a Medieval setting with a dragon, but that's just my hopes. Wonderful game, can't wait for the sequel.

*Masterful Voice
*Superb Controls
*Masterful Gameplay
*Masterful Story

EdibleCastle responds:

Thanks for the long review!

Awesome and Addicting

The artwork and animation are nothing short of superb, the whole map and puzzle game are represented beautifully. The sound is also superb from quite peaceful townlike settings to the addicting puzzle themes we love from back then. The controls are easy to understand and you teach us how to play the game as we play it which I like. The gameplay is addicting and I had to stop myself from playing just to write this review. Overall a wonderful game to play.

*Superb Controls
*Addicting and Fun

This Is Not Madness

The artwork and animation from Krinkels and MindChamber is quite superb. Differing from the Madness series while at the same time giving us that quaint violent look. The sound is also quite superb good choices all around. However the one thing that tears this game apart is the gameplay. It truly is nothing more than a senseless beat'em up, I know with the Madness series you watch Hank kill a bunch of people, but more could've been done with this then just a senseless beat'em up, I actually did get bored playing this. One thing I want to say is you did a great job on the controls, jumping and firing have never been easier, my only gripe is it would've been nice to be able to hold at least two weapons and/or have the option of deciding which weapon to pick up instead of Hank just picking up whatever he walks over. Another thing is going to be the speed, first off when Hank gets hit he has a slow recovery time and if you don't think fast you can get hit again which tends to be annoying and can drag out the game for more than it's made to be. This game also seems kind of rushed, there is no preliminary battle or even mini-fight with the clown in his original clown form, all we get is shooting the clown to the demon clown, what the hell? Overall this game is boring to play, not very innovative in fact it's pretty much the same as Madness Regent, but Madness Regent was innovative and fun, this is just a rehash with hardly any updates to it whatsoever.

*Great Controls