View Profile The-Great-One

All 165 Game Reviews

43 w/ Responses

Very Fun

Played this game and couldn't stop. It was quite fun and was very pleasing to the eye as well. The artwork was just superb, however to get the best of the animation I did have to turn the Quality down to Low... but it didn't take anything away from the game. The sound was also very nice. Great Job.

*Very Fun
*Superb Artwork
*Great Story
*Great Sound

munsterkiler responds:

well, thanks for your feedback!

Not Bad...

However not very exciting either. It's a nice puzzle game don't get me wrong, but it is a bit slow... I was basically playing the waiting game. Also I didn't like the background music, I turned it off and ended up loading up my own music to listen to... first off I shouldn't have to do that when it comes to music and playing a game. As for the backgrounds and your theme, okay... but a bit generic. Your artwork, creativity, animation, and sound effects were all great in this game, however I think I can help you make it even better. PM me for ideas.

*Creative Game

*Bad Sound

Very Nice Well Done

You have basically taken the original Simon Game and made it more interesting. With the moving buttons you added a small bit of challenge to it, but not that much. However the artwork, animation, and sound effects were done perfectly. If you can put this kind of challenge into Simon, what can do with Pong? I can't wait until your next game comes out.

= Score - 28 =
*Superb Animation
*Fun To Play
*Good Idea

*New Challenge, But Not Much

Good Concept, Eye Strain

Great idea for a puzzle game I must say. The sound was superb as was the animation and artwork. However I must sadly give one complaint. The colors. You really should've mixed it up more than what you did. Only Red and Blue with black as lines. I was confused from time to time on what colors should go where. Mix it up a bit, add green into the mix.

*Superb Sound
*Superb Idea

*Colors = Eye Strain

mike950f responds:

thanks for the nice review!
Yeah I chose high contrast colors and didn't think
about that ..thanks again!

I Hate You

But you did a great job at keeping an idiot busy today. The Artwork and animation weren't that impressive, but I don't believe that was the point of this game. The song choice was perfect for this game. All in all a very nice "game" - prank.

*Good Animation
*Superb Sound
*Masterful Concept

A Few Things...

First off I thought the green lines that you crossed were checkpoints... they sadly weren't checkpoints. Another thing would be I don't care if you are lazy, you should put effort into your creation no matter what... always fix spelling errors and any problems that may occur. It sucks that this is a one life game... one hit and dead start all over because this game wasn't half bad. The only things I have to complain about are no health bar, lives, or checkpoints and spelling. Other than that not a bad game.

*Good Sound
*Good Story

*Spelling
*One Hit and Die = Unfair
*No Checkpoints

Snipper64 responds:

It's my fault for not saying it,

there is a waypoint at the 3rd, and 7th warp. The warp lines themselves are green.

And I know, my spelling stinks XD

Well, ty for the honest review!

TGO - Masterful Game

I must say this is going to be a first for me. You have made quite the game here... although it was short there was just about enough in this game to really make it worth something. The controls were good as well as the sound, story, and animation and artwork were also masterful. You've done very well and I can't wait for the sequel.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Animation
*Superb Story
*Very Fun

A Spelling Game?

This would be a nice game for a third grade class in an elementary school, but as for Newgrounds no. I must say for an educational game this one bored me, educational games are supposed to be fun, this is not. You just stole from frogger (like any educational game maker) and repeated the playing of "frogger" more times than necessary. Also the typing exercise was a bit confusing for me to be honest, I didn't even know how I lost or what I was doing even though I knew exactly what I was typing... you need to fix that and make the games more exciting to play. You also could've experimented more with sound, drop by the Audio Portal and see what you like. You stated in your author's comments "a challenge for gamers of all ages." You can keep saying it, but I have not found the challenge in this game... except for that typing round.

*Interesting Idea
*Good Sound
*Good Animation

*Way Too Easy
*Stole From Frogger - Overused As Well
*Not Really Fun - Boring
*Bad Story

Nice Quiz

This was a Metallica Quiz, and although your questions were quite good you didn't present it very well. First off some of the questions were a bit hard to read due to your background pictures. Second of all the sound, a Metallica song... and you stated that you didn't know how to fix that... well although you stated that you didn't know how to fix it to where it would stop that still doesn't excuse you from trying to fix it, ask around the Flash Forums next time you have a problem. Other than that it was a Metallica Quiz.

*Great Quiz

*Bad Sound (overlaps)
*Background - Questions Illegible

Nicely Done... But Gets Boring

This was done quite nicely I must say. The classic snake game with Metallica music in the background. Your animation was great, but your artwork lacked a little bit. You could've given more amp to this than what you did, like give the player more choices of Metallica songs or put obstacles in the way of the snake. Also when you die you don't get to know what your score was. I clicked on score and it started a new game.

*Great Sound
*Good Idea

*Could've Done More
*Scoreboard Glitch?

sneekyboy responds:

yes i wanted to put stuff in the way but i didnt no how and i wish i could have put a whole playlist of metallica on there but i didnt no how :(

30, Male