View Profile The-Great-One

All 165 Game Reviews

42 w/ Responses

Impossible Levels Aren't Fun You Know

Well the artwork is a bit bland to be honest, each level is practically the same so there isn't a lot of variety here. The animation is actually pretty good here, with Rainbowman changing colors and the death animation is nice to, since there is only one hazard that I know of, the spikes then it makes me wonder if you could have done more with the death animation. Although the music choice from the Audio Portal was superb, I was wondering why there were no sound effects, seems like a game that should have utilized them. The controls are tight, but not much variety, just a basic run and jump. The gameplay is what kills this game though, mainly because there was one level that I just could not pass for the life of me and that is the "Remember Me?" level. Usually I don't like to stop on a game without having to complete it, but it is simply a level I could not get passed. After 176 deaths I just couldn't bear it anymore. Doesn't really matter though this is a mediocre platformer at best, but as far as working with ActionScript 3.0 for your first time I think you did well.

*No Sound

Infection - Brains...

The artwork is a cute sprite base, I could see this format working on a Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance, cute and fun. The animation is superb at times with each little character's movements, but you could have gotten more creative with the death animation. The sound effects were fun and again something you could hear on a Game Boy Color. The music is simplistic and seems like something, again, you would hear on a Game Boy Color. Also the story is very simplistic and leads off into a cliffhanger, I would like to see a sequel, perhaps from the vantage point of a human rebellion, which humans are infected and which humans are human? A lot of fun can be had with this story concept. The controls are very tight and responsive which combined with this type of action puzzle gameplay makes for a very fun game. Overall a job well done.

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Sound
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay

Not Too Good

The artwork and animation is just wonderful, from the moving of Yan and the attacking thirties. However as pretty as this game is there are some flaws. The controls are bad, the running will either be too slow or too fast and jumping is unforgiving, I just barely beat this game because with the obstacles combined with the controls you're given very little room to screw up. The gameplay was not really all that great, with this story idea it worked well and was actually quite creative. Overall this game is nothing entirely new or interesting and can be quickly beaten and quickly forgotten.

*Great Music

*Bad Controls

Skate or Die

The artwork is simplistic, but not in an entirely good way though. The stick figure I understand that you can't really do a lot with that, because it's a stick figure. However the other parts of the game could have looked better, if you send me a PM I can give you a list of artists that you might want to work with. The animation though is very good with the fluent of the stick figure dodging as well as his deaths. The gameplay idea is simplistic and makes for a good time killer, reminds me of the Helicopter game. The controls are a bit unforgiving at first especially with the jumping, you have to be nearly 100% accurate to make those jumps, but the controls do work out well. As a first not bad.

*Good Artwork
*Great Gameplay

*Design - Obstacles Are Unforgiving At Times

This Was Very Fun

Okay I want to get the least appealing parts of this game out of the way now. The artwork and animation for this game was good, but a bit too simplistic. I think you could have gotten a bit more creative with this, but overall the presentation of the game was good. The music choices were wonderful and I like that you chose songs from the Audio Portal here on Newgrounds, extra brownie points to you on that one. The controls of this game work out splendidly, but seem a bit iffy here and there. The gameplay is just genius adding new things to each level and then combining them together for newer challenges, it is frustrating enough that you want to quit, but you know you can get through it at the same time. The hit detection at times did seem a bit unfair and with added animation to show how you died other than you got too close to the spike, some sound effects to note this would have been nice to. However this game is still very fun and I would love to see a sequel.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation

*Hit Detection
*No Sound

wiseguyy responds:

thanks :) Stay tuned for a sequel ;)

Ice Ice Baby

Well the artwork is great showing the fun colors of the shapes and the overall icy appeal to it. The animation is great as well, each shape moves properly and the tracks are moving at a reasonable pace. The gameplay is outstandingly fun and addicting especially the bonus for matching colors within the same rows, very creative. The controls are merely drag and drop, simplistic and fair is all you need. The sound effects are good, but nothing really to sneeze at. The music is happy and cheerful, but it's the level complete theme that shines here. Overall this game is quite fun and an addicting little puzzle game, I love it.

*Good Sound

Freaking Cool!

Well your artwork and animatoin are both great. You capture the Madness characters quite well. The music is superb capturing the Madness vibe without being a generic heavy metal song. The gameplay however is where I want to get to. The controls are superb and work well with type of game which is a quick-time action game in the sense of 'Dragon's Lair' which is really damn cool. All in all a fun game that tests your reflexes, a wonderful Madness Game.

Plain with No Imagination

Well this is certainly an interesting little game. For a game entitled "Take a Walk." I didn't expect a lot, but what I can tell you is that I expected something a little bit more creative than what I got. Well the artwork is quite superb, the character and the world he is in are quite beautiful. The animation on our character and the birds in the game are great, but there really isn't a lot going on within this game so I can't really say I can reward you a lot here, but the movement is still great nonetheless. The story is pretty basic, you're going for a walk and listening to music as you go, which we come to sound effects which are Okay, since the only sound effects notable are in the title screen and the birds when there probably could've been a few more sound effects. The music however is quite superb, very well done and fit each level. The controls are a little stiff, jumping over that ledge or getting up these ledges without having your character stop can be troubling from time to time, but overall I have no complaints. The gameplay is interesting, but at the same time it is boring. You state it is a rhythm game when to keep the music playing you have to keep moving, the more you move without stopping the more birds you get, which you probably should've indicated what those birds do. It does tend to get boring and it kind of reminds me of the game on Newgrounds called :Snail: but overall this one is at least more interesting, but at the same time not.

*Superb Artwork
*Great Story
*Okay Sound

*Controls - A Bit Stiff
*Gameplay - Slightly Boring

Very Fun Game

Well the artwork is just stick figures, but you do give them some good character facial features. The animation is what really brings these characters to life though, showcasing each and every movement. The sound choices and musical choices were all very good choices, you're one artist who knows how to actually find good music from the Audio Portal. The controls are pretty much point and click, but there is some quick time elements brought in that respond well, but you have to be fast. The gameplay and story both come together in this very well, this is quite possibly one of the better written comical stories on Newgrounds and the gameplay elements are both parodies as well as original ideas. It comes close to being Metal Gear, but is so obviously Phoenix Wright that it is just hilarious! Overall this is just a very fun game and I love it.

*Superb Sound
*Superb Voice

PuffballsUnited responds:

Sweet! Thanks for the awesome review!

My Mind Has Been Blown

READING THIS REVIEW EQUALS SPOILER ALERT!

Wow, and I mean wow is this good! First the artwork is great, this bit format is actually pretty good and as a point and click game the animation is actually pretty good, but there really isn't a lot going on here either. The music sets this uncomfortable tone, which is probably what you were going for. The story however is what makes this game. I played it until I got all three endings, one which was more common than the rest was Leigh and I still living together and being happy, the second ending I got was having Leigh out of my life and just me being happy, getting both of these endings I thought this was an interesting little love story... until I got the third ending and that's when my mind was blown, Leigh was a symbol for drugs, but not any kind of drugs... shooting up with a needle. I mean that's when everything else in the game made so much sense. While playing it and getting the other two endings the things he said and thought were odd, but then when I got that hospital ending it was just... damn.

*Good Animation