The-Great-One

176 Game Reviews

48 w/ Responses

3 reviews are hidden due to your filters.

Okay Game

It isn't a bad game. The artwork is great, but the animation seems stiff which makes the controls stiff as well. All I can say is fix the controls and animation and you'd have a decent Pitfall game. Also when I came to the first pit, the landing for getting away from the pit had to be exactly precise which made it hard to get past the pit. The last thing would be a title screen and instructions in the game.

*Good Animation
*Good Controls

*Precision Landing - Not Good

partythenwork responds:

thanks for a more precise view on what ill need to add. what do you think i could add to make the precision landing better?

Not Bad

It's not bad, I prefer the first one though. I liked the innovation of having others commit suicide as well. The addition of Super Karoshi was also nice. However some levels just seemed like playing The Impossible Quiz, I had to use a guide to beat some of the levels in this game so yeah some of these levels you either get lucky or you use the guide. It's not a bad game, but just a bit challenging that it comes down to just guessing. The artwork and animation were great, but the controls were a bit slippery, I've fallen off blocks thinking I was standing still. The sound was superb a good choice of background audio, I was looking forward to the theme used in the first one, but this was still a good choice. There were some things that I was missing like the electrocution cubes and the gun. Although this is innovative it doesn't really stand tall to your first one.

*Great Controls

*Not As Innovative As The First

I Quite Enjoyed That

The artwork was great and so was the animation. The sound choices were excellent choices fitting with the flash perfectly. The story was hilarious! Although the ending was interactive it could've been a little longer, but all in all a fun flash.

Not Bad

Your artwork was great and even the first comics that took 8 seconds were well done. Once you get a Wacom you'll do wonders. However the comic book ran smoothly, but got boring, some strips were funny others weren't. This is a good idea, but could've been executed better. Somebody lucks out and they say FUCK! Well you could've had other mishaps besides someone shooting the character, what I'm saying is work a bit harder on your story next time. All in all it was decent and it gave me a giggle here and there. You truly do have potential.

*Presented Well
*Humorous
*Good Story

HolyKonni responds:

Thanks a lot Great One. Your reviews are the best!

Interesting Concept

This was an good concept, but you didn't deliver on it well. The artwork wasn't that great, the character I had no problem with, it's just the random objects and the falling blocks could've been better. Run and Jump was basic platforming, but the objects that randomly popped up was just ugly and you could've been a bit more creative there, the falling blocks wasn't fun at all. It would've been nice to see which blocks were falling or have them all build up to take you to the top of something. the disco ball was fun as hell jumping over the spikes and running around the disco ball. The boss seems easy, you just jump on his head and you win, however you have to be exactly precise on when you jump on his head or else you get hurt which isn't a challenge it's just cheap. My suggestions is make something a bit more pleasing to the eye, you've got an idea here it's just the execution on it. Also a health bar would be nice instead of one hit lose a life.

*Good Artwork
*Okay Controls

*Precise Hit Detection on Boss
*No Health Bar

Quite Good

However there were some things that were a bit odd. One thing was whenever I picked up the fire extinguisher, if I passed back through it would still be there for me to pick it up again. Also instead of having the trash can with a Click Me sign above it you could've just stated it was a trash can through a Pico speech box. All in all your sprite work is great and your animation is quite good as well with Pico's movements. The sound was also nicely done as well. It's a decent and fun game, certainly an interesting sequel to the original.

*Good Animation
*Great Controls
*Funny

*Technical Difficulties

Hilarious!

Also great for a first flash. The artwork and animation were both really great. The sound work was good and the voice work was great as well. All of the skits were funny except the cannon, I believe you could've been a little more creative with the cannon. Other than that this made me laugh and is a great first flash submission.

*Good Sound
*Great Voice
*Hilarious!

*Could've Used Background Music

PuffballsUnited responds:

I wasn't really sure how to add background music when I made this.

Classy

Classic stick figure humor at its best. The artwork and animation were both great as was the sound and voice work. My favorite part of this flash was the laser drill. One thing I must say is that you could've gotten more creative with the explosives and wrecking ball skits, but other than that great! I would also love to see a sequel.

*Great Voice
* Funny

PuffballsUnited responds:

Yeah, some of the choices were kinda generic.

Perfect In Every Way

Exploration of imagination. The artwork and animation were truly masterful. The sound was very calming and soothing. The controls worked superbly, however figuring out the crane took a little bit of my time, but I figured it out. All I can really say is just exploring made this game fun. My only complaint was it was a bit too short.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Superb Controls
*Very Fun To Play

One of the Hardest Games Ever

I believe that is the point. The artwork and animation are both great. The controls are stable and easy to control. I am sorry to say that I have never beaten this game and I doubt I'll ever be able to. It is a fun game, if you enjoy torturing yourself, but still enjoyable. It's a game you send to people to mess with their minds... however this game is still as serious as it can get and I envy you for your creativity.

*Superb Controls