View Profile The-Great-One

All 164 Game Reviews

44 w/ Responses

Creativity Meets Disaster

The artwork and animation is simplistic and cute, it's nice to see this. The sound choices are also perfect, it brings the essence of Paris into the air. The controls for this game weren't bad, but at the same time weren't good. Controlling the bike was easy to do, but getting through this game was hell with the damn camera scroll, to the point that circling checkpoints became a big problem. The gameplay idea is wonderful, but the layout tended to get worse, but that's mainly the camera scroll's fault, but the blame isn't full on the camera scroll. I ended up getting to some narrow pathways they were hell to get the bike through and being quick. This game agonized me more than it did entertain me. I would like to see a sequel in the future, but better than this one.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation

*Gameplay - Layout: Narrow Pathes
*Gameplay - Camera Scroll

aeiowu responds:

Ahoy, just in case you missed it, you can fine-tune your steering by holding shift. Hopefully that helps some of your frustration with the narrow gaps.

RawHide! Rolling Rolling Rolling

Your artwork and animation are both good. There really isn't much flare here. I think if you splashed some color on this and gave more detailing to everything then it'd look wonderful. There is only sound effects, some background music would've been nice, I suggest you drop by the Audio Portal and see what you like. The controls worked well, but please add instructions inside the game. The gameplay is fun and addicting, I also like how you race your ghost showing you if your newest time is better... very cool feature. Overall a pretty fun game.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Sound
*Good Controls

*Sound - Needs Background Music
*Controls - Need Instructions
*Artwork - Needs More Detailing and Color

Killing The Pop-Ups or Senseless Clicking?

First off I'm not going to judge you on animation due to the fact that these are just pop-ups. Well for one thing there is hardly any flair here at all. It's just windows screen's with plain text, all the text is the same, the color for all the screens is the same as well. The messages some were funny, but I think you could've put more effort into making this flash game stand out. As for the controls they worked superbly well, however I thought I'd be killing the pop-ups by just merely clicking on them, but I had to click the [X] box. It makes sense, but a little indication would've been nice. The sound is nothing but the song "Kill The Pop-Ups" over and over and over again. It's a nice choice of song for this game, and one that could be used for the title screen, but while playing this game hearing that song over and over and over just drove me crazy. A great concept, but poor execution, I'd like to see you take another try at this game.

*Good Sound
*Great Concept
*Okay Sound

*Bad Artwork
*Same Song Over and Over Is Annoying

Squirtle Squirtle?

I wanna say that your artwork and animation are wonderfully superb. Capturing each character's personality. I especially love the expressions on the turtle. The sound, by MaestroRage, is nothing short of superb, with the extra sound effects the sound is truly masterful. This game does resemble others like "Hedgehog Launch" and "Shopping Cart Hero" but I believe you have perfected this type of skill toss game. With many items to choose from and multiple characters to interact with, it has never been so much fun to launch a turtle. The controls worked great I had no problem planning out a strategy to get further and further and it was just so damn fun! Overall I enjoyed this game and will certainly be returning to play it again.

*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Gameplay
*Masterful Controls

(none)

Nifty and Trippy

Well as graphics go, the artwork and animation were both great. It flowed very smoothly, although the firing on the bullets could've been a bit faster, it still worked out swell. As for the sound, the nostalgic blasts from the ship and such was just great, but that's all it was. The background music was a very nice choice as well. The controls worked superbly, moving your ship is easy and firing is also a breeze to do. The gameplay however is hit and miss. First off the idea of having the screen move all around while you're playing is quite the nifty little idea... and that's it. It surprises you at first, but then it gets boring once you know how the pattern goes and then it gets boring. Also the enemies are just storming down on you to where it's hard to figure out where to move... it truly is too easy you can just sit there and just fire in one spot and hardly move at all... there really is no challenge at all. If this game was handled in stages and had more movements or if it truly flipped and made it mirrored to where left is right and right is left then this game would be better. If you plan on a sequel take these notes into hand.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation

*Gameplay - Enemy Flood
*Too Easy
*Bit Boring

Absolutely Masterful

The artwork and animation are both nothing short of masterful. I found myself captured by the simple beauty of the game that I started getting hit by the enemies a lot. The sound is also quite masterful. Although there are no sound effects, I believe that sound effects would ruin this game, basically the background music choices were perfect. The controls are also quite masterful, to be honest some of the best controls I've seen in a shooter in a long time, especially when using a mouse. The gameplay was also quite masterful, with shooting different enemies and using pixels to make a colorful warfare, plus with the multiple upgrades it makes the game even more enjoyable. Overall this is a wonderful concept and a wonderful game. I would recommend this game to anyone.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Gameplay
*Addicting, Creative, and Fun

(none)

When Pigs Fly... Too Bad They Can't

Your artwork and animation are quite superb for a bit game. The sound effects on the pig and the background music were superb choices. The gameplay is avoidance of course, which I thought was a bad choice for this game, a platformer would've been better as well as a flight meter and enemies. The controls were good, but way too sensitive, that combined with some narrow areas to get through you'll be bumping off wall, after wall, after wall and losing your wings everytime. I know the wings are sensitive and all, but would'nt it be better to have more than one hit on the wings? This game is just annoying and quite boring, you fly a pig through a cavern with pitiful wings. A good idea turned wrongside out.

*Superb Sound
*Good Gameplay
*Good Controls

*Boring
*Narrow Paths
*Controls = Way Too Sensitive

I'm Not Exactly Wowed

The artwork and animation of the spiked balls are both good, they could've been made better and a nice little background would've suited better as well. The controls worked fine and the gameplay was simplistic and fun. There were no sound effects not even background music. You made this in 15 minutes? My advice is take 3 hours and give it a little bit of flare.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation

*No Sound

The Disaster is the Game Itself

First off your artwork and animation are beautifully done. I love how you modeled each and every character giving you the feeling that they're real. I especially loved how you gave great detail into the different scenes, like the woods and gas station. I also loved the voice acting, sound effects, and bits and pieces of background music they all truly made the game a wonderful piece of eye-candy. However the gameplay isn't all that great. First off its tough to figure out where to go, like finding the path in the forest that isn't all that visible is a bit tough as well as figuring out how to get behing the counter, that took me over ten minutes to figure out and I figured it out by accident. The controls worked great, and finding these different items was a bit challenging, but overall possible to do... except for that damn shiny object in the woods where we do run into some unfair challenge. Drive the remote control car to the other side and gain the shiny object, makes sense, but you ruin it with invisible bear traps, it got to the point where I had to access your walkthrough for help and even that didn't help out... so I had to go and find a video walkthrough then I basically used that and beat the game. You don't have a good point and click game if you can't figure stuff out or make unfair challenges. You have a great idea for the game, I really got wrapped up into this story... it certainlly is a great story, however the gameplay isn't.

*Superb Sound
*Superb Voice
*Okay Gameplay
*Superb Story

*Toy Car Mini-Game - Bear Traps = Cheap

Spelling Bees Turn Into Wasps

The artwork and animation is superb, especially the backgrounds. The controls make sense and are easy to use. The gameplay is great spelling words as fast as you can in time challenge. However in normal mode it would be nice for the words to disappear when you spell them as well and if you're left with letters left over then you either lose or spend points for new letters. Also a Pause Button that has a screen that covers the whole map so people can't cheat for the time challenge should be allowed. The sound was wonderful, a nice peaceful background music and some nifty sound effects. Overall this game is fun, but needs to be tweaked here and there.

*Needs A Pause Button