The-Great-One

176 Game Reviews

48 w/ Responses

3 reviews are hidden due to your filters.

Jaws Eat Your Heart Out

The artwork is great, but the animation is quite superb. From the panicking people to the boats, to the aircraft, however the shark didn't look all that intimidating, but then again that would make him seem generic. The sound is all wonderful, from the explosions, people, shark, and especially the music. The gameplay is addicting and fun... being able to pull down helicopters and whole airplanes was the most fun I've ever had. The controls are easy to pick up and play with and work with players whether they are left handed or right handed or prefer a certain control scheme. This game is certainly a favorite in my book.

*Superb Gameplay
*Masterful Controls

Chrono Cuboy

Your artwork and animation are both superb. The facial expressions on each character was represented perfectly from British boss, quirky hero, nefarious villain, and even to the bartender. The sound was just absolutely wonderful from the sound effects to the music. The voice acting was hilarious and spot on, to be honest masterful. The gameplay was also quite superb, it took some getting used to, but thankfully this was a game that taught you as you went along and it even stayed real, as in the final showdown you were taught what to do in a speedy manner which to me makes the game seem more realistic. The story is quite possibly the funniest and more original stories I have seen on Newgrounds... brilliant doesn't begin to describe it, overall you have set-up quite the little game series here and starting off in the Wild West is a good place to start, hopefully the sequel will involve a Medieval setting with a dragon, but that's just my hopes. Wonderful game, can't wait for the sequel.

*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Gameplay
*Masterful Story

EdibleCastle responds:

Thanks for the long review!

Awesome and Addicting

The artwork and animation are nothing short of superb, the whole map and puzzle game are represented beautifully. The sound is also superb from quite peaceful townlike settings to the addicting puzzle themes we love from back then. The controls are easy to understand and you teach us how to play the game as we play it which I like. The gameplay is addicting and I had to stop myself from playing just to write this review. Overall a wonderful game to play.

*Superb Gameplay
*Addicting and Fun

This Is Not Madness

The artwork and animation from Krinkels and MindChamber is quite superb. Differing from the Madness series while at the same time giving us that quaint violent look. The sound is also quite superb good choices all around. However the one thing that tears this game apart is the gameplay. It truly is nothing more than a senseless beat'em up, I know with the Madness series you watch Hank kill a bunch of people, but more could've been done with this then just a senseless beat'em up, I actually did get bored playing this. One thing I want to say is you did a great job on the controls, jumping and firing have never been easier, my only gripe is it would've been nice to be able to hold at least two weapons and/or have the option of deciding which weapon to pick up instead of Hank just picking up whatever he walks over. Another thing is going to be the speed, first off when Hank gets hit he has a slow recovery time and if you don't think fast you can get hit again which tends to be annoying and can drag out the game for more than it's made to be. This game also seems kind of rushed, there is no preliminary battle or even mini-fight with the clown in his original clown form, all we get is shooting the clown to the demon clown, what the hell? Overall this game is boring to play, not very innovative in fact it's pretty much the same as Madness Regent, but Madness Regent was innovative and fun, this is just a rehash with hardly any updates to it whatsoever.

*Great Controls

*Bad Gameplay
*Not Innovative - Same Style As Madness Regent, But Not As Fun

Not Too Shabby

This is a simplistic little game. The artwork and animation are great. The sound effects are great, but I beg for more background music. I suggest stopping by the Audio Portal and digging around there. When it comes down to the gameplay, it's quite good, using spells and other fun blocks to get rid of other blocks, however the hero is pointless. He just determines where the blocks will fall and the only way he dies is if you clear less than 3 blocks. It's fun but can get boring pretty fast. Not bad, but could use a dash of complex nature.

*Good Gameplay

*Sound - Background Music
*Gameplay - Hero: What's The Point?

JoUBG responds:

Thanks for the great review! The hero was actually added quite late in development as a simple anchor to the stage. That is to say that he makes the player feel less disassociated from the game realm.

Creativity Meets Disaster

The artwork and animation is simplistic and cute, it's nice to see this. The sound choices are also perfect, it brings the essence of Paris into the air. The controls for this game weren't bad, but at the same time weren't good. Controlling the bike was easy to do, but getting through this game was hell with the damn camera scroll, to the point that circling checkpoints became a big problem. The gameplay idea is wonderful, but the layout tended to get worse, but that's mainly the camera scroll's fault, but the blame isn't full on the camera scroll. I ended up getting to some narrow pathways they were hell to get the bike through and being quick. This game agonized me more than it did entertain me. I would like to see a sequel in the future, but better than this one.

*Great Sound
*Great Controls

*Gameplay - Layout: Narrow Pathes
*Gameplay - Camera Scroll

aeiowu responds:

Ahoy, just in case you missed it, you can fine-tune your steering by holding shift. Hopefully that helps some of your frustration with the narrow gaps.

RawHide! Rolling Rolling Rolling

Your artwork and animation are both good. There really isn't much flare here. I think if you splashed some color on this and gave more detailing to everything then it'd look wonderful. There is only sound effects, some background music would've been nice, I suggest you drop by the Audio Portal and see what you like. The controls worked well, but please add instructions inside the game. The gameplay is fun and addicting, I also like how you race your ghost showing you if your newest time is better... very cool feature. Overall a pretty fun game.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Controls

*Sound - Needs Background Music
*Controls - Need Instructions
*Artwork - Needs More Detailing and Color

Killing The Pop-Ups or Senseless Clicking?

First off I'm not going to judge you on animation due to the fact that these are just pop-ups. Well for one thing there is hardly any flair here at all. It's just windows screen's with plain text, all the text is the same, the color for all the screens is the same as well. The messages some were funny, but I think you could've put more effort into making this flash game stand out. As for the controls they worked superbly well, however I thought I'd be killing the pop-ups by just merely clicking on them, but I had to click the [X] box. It makes sense, but a little indication would've been nice. The sound is nothing but the song "Kill The Pop-Ups" over and over and over again. It's a nice choice of song for this game, and one that could be used for the title screen, but while playing this game hearing that song over and over and over just drove me crazy. A great concept, but poor execution, I'd like to see you take another try at this game.

*Great Concept
*Okay Sound

*Bad Artwork
*Same Song Over and Over Is Annoying

Squirtle Squirtle?

I wanna say that your artwork and animation are wonderfully superb. Capturing each character's personality. I especially love the expressions on the turtle. The sound, by MaestroRage, is nothing short of superb, with the extra sound effects the sound is truly masterful. This game does resemble others like "Hedgehog Launch" and "Shopping Cart Hero" but I believe you have perfected this type of skill toss game. With many items to choose from and multiple characters to interact with, it has never been so much fun to launch a turtle. The controls worked great I had no problem planning out a strategy to get further and further and it was just so damn fun! Overall I enjoyed this game and will certainly be returning to play it again.

*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Gameplay
*Masterful Controls

Nifty and Trippy

Well as graphics go, the artwork and animation were both great. It flowed very smoothly, although the firing on the bullets could've been a bit faster, it still worked out swell. As for the sound, the nostalgic blasts from the ship and such was just great, but that's all it was. The background music was a very nice choice as well. The controls worked superbly, moving your ship is easy and firing is also a breeze to do. The gameplay however is hit and miss. First off the idea of having the screen move all around while you're playing is quite the nifty little idea... and that's it. It surprises you at first, but then it gets boring once you know how the pattern goes and then it gets boring. Also the enemies are just storming down on you to where it's hard to figure out where to move... it truly is too easy you can just sit there and just fire in one spot and hardly move at all... there really is no challenge at all. If this game was handled in stages and had more movements or if it truly flipped and made it mirrored to where left is right and right is left then this game would be better. If you plan on a sequel take these notes into hand.

*Great Sound