View Profile The-Great-One

All 164 Game Reviews

44 w/ Responses

Outstanding!

Certainly a twist on the classic arcade game. Well the artwork and animation are both quite superb, due to the fact that you start off with that classic bit look and slowly build up to most impressive graphics. The sound is masterful fitting each area with each upgrade perfectly. As for the concept of this game is wonderfully witty and charming. I enjoyed playing this game and wanted to dive deeper and see more. My only complaint would be a way to erase your saved memory so you can do it over again.

*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Controls
*Masterful Concept

Replay Value - Forever?

Presenting in a Game Boy like fashion was a wonderful choice and it is a nifty little platformer, however it's one that punishes gamers. You die only once and that's it Game Over. When you click Try Again the game just replays what you did, I thought my computer was glitching out at first. I understand the joke, but it wasn't all that funny especially to be able to try and beat the game you have to reload the flash everytime. It's a basic platformer, but your joke is what kills it. Freewill.

*Superb Controls

*Bad Concept

raitendo responds:

"it's one that punishes gamers"

gamers have been getting off way too easy (until now)

Very Good

The artwork was superb, I enjoyed the dark yet happy tones to this. The storyline is also quite superb, a story about robots falling, but 10,000 years seems to be a bit exaggerated. The sound is great, but a better choice in background music could've made this game flow more fun, to me it just made me bored. This is a simplistic point and click game much like the game we have on Newgrounds called "Menulis." The controls worked well and you pointed out what was possible to click, which is okay, but that makes it too easy which in turn doesn't make for a good point-and-click game. The animation is masterful, mainly on the train rides. All in all it's a fun game, but not really one for replay value.

*Masterful Animation
*Superb Controls

*Pointing Out What Can Be Clicked - Too Easy
*Replay Value Low

Number Crunching

Well it really wasn't all presentable, there was no animation. The background song was a nice choice. All that can be said is it's a calculator. Nothing more and nothing less.

*Okay Artwork

*No Animation
*Not Very Innovative or Original

Killya responds:

Thanks!

Cliffhanger

Everything is superb in this flash, from artwork, animation, gameplay, sound, voice, and story. You've left us with yet another cliffhanger. The point and click process was starting to get old pretty quick and to tell the truth I actually got through the woods on my first try and I don't even know how I did it. The puzzle solving was fun, however to battle I had to type different keys on my keyboard to do so which I thought was a brilliant idea of the reflexes and to be able to push the keys fast enough. Overall a great game.

Violet-AIM responds:

Thank you very much The-Great-One.

On The Dark Side

Your artwork, animation, sound, and voice were all superb once again. I enjoyed that you brought back the point and click aspect with a small riddle as well to figure out. The storyline is superb once again having Joseph gain a sword and a shield to fight with and the introduction of a dark version of Tabitha at the end yet again giving us that cliffhanger ending.

Violet-AIM responds:

Your reviews are great thanks for everything.

And Now We Plunge

This game was annoying. You decided to take a shot at a platformer and you didn't please. First off I want to talk about the controls, you say "Ctrl" to use your sword, it would've been nice if you told us to hold down Ctrl to use the sword. Now then when it comes to the game the first three levels aren't bad the only thing are the regular enemies that walk on the ground. Common logic says when you hit an enemy it shows pain and stops moving, but not the common enemies in this game they just keep on hitting you showing no pain of getting hit by a sword. Also let's talk about Level 4. It's cheap, at the beginning of the level you are automatically taking hits from a flying dragon coming from the left side of the screen and are being shot at from the right, that's real fair isn't it, just start draining away a player's life like that and they not even know it... with that said the placement of the enemies was badly done and this should have been a side-scroller instead of just pop-up into the next screen because the placement of some of your enemies made it hard to know whether or not you would get hit and sometimes you would get hit and not even know it, I died two times this way in this game. The jumping and running are good, but the sword was my only problem and that's not the game's fault it's your fault for not giving us proper instructions. It's not a bad idea for a platformer, but it was executed poorly.

*Great Story

*Bad Controls
*Bad Game Design - Enemy Placement
*Should've Been Side-Scrolling

Violet-AIM responds:

Our friend istvan did the coding for us on the game portion, just something more of a game, Thanks for another neato review.

Class Is Now In Session

Your artwork and animation have become a bit more detailed this time around. You have kept the characters in simplistic nature due to their past episodes, but you've improved them. The sound and voice is superb once again. The story though is the best part of this, I enjoyed seeing this unique part of the ghost world, training ghosts to fight demons is just wonderful. All in all a superb flash that should be viewed and played as well.

Thanks.

I Would Like A Drink Please

The artwork and animation are still great. However it's the sound, voice, story, and gameplay that are all so superb! This is a point and click game. I truly enjoyed trying to figure out everything and the clues were hidden quite well. Truly a great game on Newgrounds. How are you going to one-up on this?

Thanks as always.

Trial and Error

Well we are getting a good story here however from a point and click perspective it is nothing more than trial and error that's it, no clues or hints to help you out it's just pick a path and hope for the best, that would be the only flaw. The artwork and animation are both still great, but when it comes to credit where credit is due the sound and voices were both superb work. I must say this series is certainly building quite well and I can't wait to see more.

*Bad Game Design - Trial and Error