View Profile The-Great-One

121 movie Reviews with Responses

All 413 Reviews

Simply Amazing

Let's start from the beginning. The artwork and animation. Both are spot on and amazingly done, I have no complaints on them, although they are stick figures the timing and detail gone into them is just immaculate. The sound effects are perfect and this is important, mainly due to every little bit counting from footsteps as well as their terrain. The music choices were all outstanding and the voice acting from this cast was simply amazing. The story was a bit hard to follow at first, but I came to understand it and I can't wait to see more.

When it comes down to this flash movie you seem to be one of few Newgrounds members who have started to use Newgrounds properly in a way. Find and collaborate with others and all those you have found certainly make this flash shine. Kudos to you good sir.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Voice
*Masterful Story
*Perfect Score

Shayphis responds:

Wow, thanks so much for the review man, i really appreciate it :)

Breakfast at Tiffany's

The style you present here is still apparent from the artwork to the animation, so nothing entirely new in that department from your past works. The music choice was good for the massage room, but I felt you could have had something else to fill in the backstory for "Tiffany" when he made his gallant pose, probably would've had a stronger effect. The story is just as much mindfuck as anything else you've given us and I love the quirky humor you brought here, not really disturbing this time around yet still has that charm that makes it bizarrely interesting. Something that your friends will certainly find surprising to see on their Facebook page that's for sure.

*Superb Sound

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thank you oh mighty the great one!

Papa Don't Preach

The style you presented here is good, I especially liked how you formatted the desktop and the situations used for the stripper. Also it was a nice touch on the main character changing his shirt for each day. The animation is good, but not much is going on and the main character's keyboard typing is a bit lackluster. The story what can I say is freaking hilarious and I think that this could have been taken much further from what you did with it, but anything is possible in sequel land, I was wondering if she would blackmail him with a video she recorded through the computer of him masturbating and send it to his family and friends. The ending although dark is still actually funny and creepy kind of a shame that this wasn't release before Halloween. All in all I liked this.

*Great Sound

LazyMuffin responds:

Your idea of her blackmailing him is funny, but I think that if I added it it would have somehow messed up with the fairly quick flow of things. Thanks for the review.

Super Mario Madness

The artwork and animation I have to be honest are quite masterful. Although mostly Mario it screams Madness so much in it's design and the animation flows perfectly, I honestly loved every bit of it, it was candy for my eyes. The sound effects are taken from the Paper Mario games, but are utilized very well and are not distracting. The music choices were that of remixes of Doopliss' theme from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which you found through the Audio Portal, for that I have to give you big kudos for. It seems Doopliss' theme combined with this Madness style fits very well. The story, what can I say? It is comical, not entirely one sided and creative use of both the styles from Paper Mario and Madness, you truly do both of these great justice. Overall I found this to be a very enjoyable animation.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Sound
*Masterful Story

Alpha-Nuva responds:

Went back through the reviews just to find this. Thanks for the great review and the showcasing on your wall. Much appreciated.

Hydraulics In The Lawnmowers

Your artwork and animation are spot on. They resemble the Madness characters well, but you also gave it your own little spin which I liked. The music although a good choice, I would probably have preferred it if you had chosen something from the Audio Portal, still good choice. The sound effects were superb, no real complaints here. The story however is where this animation shines, it was hilarious from beginning to end and has that Madness violence to it. If this is the first piece you have decided to share publicly then we can expect great things from you.

*Superb Sound

DarkSignal responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Although it is true that we could have chosen a different track, the music was the whole reason behind the flash. It's even how we came up with it. The flash probably wouldn't even be half as good with a different song.

Pirate Quality

First off the artwork was great, I liked the drawing for the ship, anchor, everything, you are quite the artist. The animation however was very lackluster, there wasn't as much going on as I was hoping for and that made it seem a bit boring. There were comical moments, like the Pirates list, the giant squid, and sailing over the edge of the world all that was great, but for the most part the animation does hinder it a bit. The music is a song that I'm sure a lot of people on the Internet knows and is one reason they clicked on this flash, we all clicked, we all hoped, and we all got the song, but without a proper presentation you might as well just close your eyes and listen to the song. Overall this was a good flash, but I guess I was just expecting a little bit more.

*Good Animation
*Superb Music
*Great Story

*Animation - Seems Slow, Not A Lot Going On

Steinberg responds:

I guess you're right.
I'll try to add more to the next one.
Thanks!

Wheel of Morality - Turn, Turn, Turn

Freaking hilarious! Your artwork here is great, but the animation is a bit lackluster mainly with the moving of the characters mouthes. The story however is hilarious and creative with just enough violence to appease people, but not a gore fest either, it was just really funny. The voice acting was superb from the contestants and especially the game show host. Overall a hilarious flash and a great way to start the Tournament of Flash Artists, if I were a judge I would definitely vote you towards the next round.

*Great Sound

CyanSandwich responds:

Thanks for the lovely review :)

Not Too Shabby

Your artwork and animation are great, you know what you're doing that's for sure. The sound effects I wasn't too impressed with. There was no music, which I find no excuse for seeing as this is a game show and the goal is an obstacle course so if you don't have announcers calling this then background music would be appropriate, check the Audio Portal here on Newgrounds from now on. The story is basic, but not built up well enough, all we know is we have a host with no name, some contestants, and an obstacle course. Despite all of this though I would love to see you advance to the next round because I want to see more from you and what else you can do.

*Good Sound
*Good Voice
*Okay Story

*No Music

Lazymodecomics responds:

The host's name is The General.

The Kiss of Yogurt on My Tongue

The artwork and animation are still quite superb. However the music is where this video should most certainly be judged on. "Dance of the Manwhore" I saw a stalker's appeal to it. This time around I still see that stalker quality to it, but at the same time it seems like Fernando's ego is out there more. One thing that makes this one different are of course the lyrics and visuals. Although the visuals aren't as memorable as "Dance of the Manwhore" I don't believe they're supposed to. However the lyrics are better than that of the "Dance of the Manwhore." Overall I'm not sure if this is a review, but I liked it.

*Very Funny

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks o great one!

Love To Sing Along

The artwork is great, capturing the cartoony side to a singing enchanted forest is outstanding. The animation is simply masterful, everything just moved so well and the lip sync was perfect. It moved very slowly like a waltz and only built from there becoming more and more. The song itself is truly amazing and requires no back-up sound effects in other words acapella was the perfect choice for this and remixing it with an orchestra would ruin it it is sheer perfection. Also it was hilarious! I will add that I saw this on the Newgrounds Broadcast and I intend on sharing this with peeps for Earth Day, it was just amazing, certainly a new favorite for me.

*Hilarious

koit responds:

What a lovely review. Thanks ever so much.

Glad you liked it.

I wasn't aware of this Newgrounds live until you and DiMono mentioned it. It's nice to be featured.

30, Male