View Profile The-Great-One

121 movie Reviews with Responses

All 413 Reviews

Absolutely Hilarious!

I must say that the artwork remains the same and therefore is still great, but the animation is just superb in everyway. The sound was epic and actually hyped me up for a flash about PONG. The storyline is what made this flash though, the slow motion and the fireball of speed that made the impact. Truly comedy genius.

*Superb Animation
*Superb Sound (Epic)
*Hilarious!

Jimtopia responds:

This is probably one of my favorites. :) Glad you liked it.

Very Interesting Concept

The artwork and animation are great as always, however this is a different concept that was actually funny and inventive. I loved how you took a figure of speech and made it literal, but I must warn you that it won't always work. The sound is also superb.

Jimtopia responds:

Thanks, I've thought about making more animations like these.

Extreme Failure

This is the best way to describe the story of this flash. Jim, the traffic light, the epic music and then the epic fail. A humorous short flash... maybe a bit too short though, you could take this idea and turn it into something loner and better. The artwork and animation were great and the sound was superb. The story like I said was hilarious.

*Hilarious!

Jimtopia responds:

I didn't want to draw it out to much, when I made this I wasn't sure how funny it was going to be, and if I'd made it really long and not very funny, it probably would have gotten a really bad score.

Wonderful Just Wonderful

The artwork and animation were both great. The sound was superb and this flash was an enjoyable experience. However the ending wasn't what I was expecting, I was expecting a Benny Hill chase at the end... but was sadly disappointed. All in all though a very humorous flash.

Jimtopia responds:

Lol, man that would've been a much better ending! Dang, wish I'd thought of that.

Lacking A Lot

First off your stick figure artwork isn't all that great, you could've done better. As for animation... it isn't much animation if I have to click through multiple scenes, plus with little action in this flash it really isn't much to look at. Also the ending is weird as well and didn't come together completely. Your story was a bit cliched, predictable, and boring. As for sound effects great job, but I think you could've gotten more creative in background music choice. It was just that one background song choice for the whole flash from beginning to what I guess was the end. I suggest you stop by the Audio Portal and see what you can find.

*Good Sound

*Bad Artwork
*Bad Animation
*Bad Story

| Review Request Club |

GokUC responds:

thanks for you review!

Hilarious!

As a Star Wars parody it was quite funny, however I still can't give you artwork or animation points. Your video effects were quite superb and the camera work was perfect. But what made this video was its comedy. It certainly was hilarious. Great job.

Fro responds:

If you liked this then you would love Snow Wars. Sadly that won't be done for several months if ever because the audio gets messed up. :(

Thanks for the review.

Not Bad...

As a video I can't really judge you for artwork or animation, but I can judge you on other things. The video work was done in an awkward way while you were running due to it being dark, it would've been nice if you invested in some night vision. As for the ghost scenes... they were comical, but you could've done more for something with a ghost in comedy.

(Artwork Points Disabled)
(Animation Points Disabled)
*Quite Funny

*Awkward Camera Work At Times

Fro responds:

The camera was suppose to represent what you would get in real life if you had a situation like this. Night vision would be pretty cool though. :) Perhaps if I had a job I would invest in that.

Future ghost episodes will be funnier/have more story.

Not Bad At All

Your artwork was a bit mediocre, but still quite good, you didn't really play around with this as much as I expected artwork wise. The animation was great as well, but not a lot there, but what is there is great. The main thing was the storyline which was a parody. Subtle humor is here and you did quite well with this, an excellent storyline indeed. All in all a decent flash.

*Good Artwork
*Great Sound

Gustavos responds:

Alright cool, no bad points. In your scoring system, 7 means great if I remember.

Thanks for the reveiw.

Entertaining...

This certainly was entertaining... it was hard to keep up with because the text bubbles would move by at a fast rate and so it was hard to read it all. However I got kind of enough out of it to know what was going on. As for the storyline, with the text moving fast all I got was a deathmatch between two girls who loved Troy... and that's pretty much it. If you were trying to throw any jokes in here then I can tell you that they were either cheesy or not funny... I'm gonna believe they were supposed to be like that to reflect the actual movie High School Musical, but you could've done a bit better. The artwork was really great, but where you came home with was the animation. Each character moved swiftly and each movement was timed perfectly. The sound was also quite good and for this flash I don't think voices were necessary, but would've been interesting. Overall an entertaining flash movie, I would say parody, but I don't think this is an actual parody seeing as how you didn't pull anything from the movie to make fun of, all we got was a Celebrity Deathmatch episode with some more scenery and back-story.

*Superb Animation
*Great Sound
*Good Story

*Text Bubbles Too Fast
*Not Really A Parody

LordHayden responds:

I respect your opinion on it not being a parody, but I think it is because the real HSM guys would never do things like. In fact, killing somone would give Gabriella (the cookie that she is) a heart attack. The amusement of this lies in how it would be like if it were to happen in the real movie.
Thanks.

Not Bad

It was a decent sprite movie, however when Mario approached the tombstones, music stops... okay, but after that there were no sound effects or music of any kind whatsoever. Your sprite work is quite good as well as your animation skills, but you just didn't give it your full potential. Also the storyline was understandable, but rather boring.

*Good Sound
*Okay Story

Mariofan9 responds:

I thank you. It was my very first sprite movie, as you know. The music was supposed to stop by then, also.

30, Male