View Profile The-Great-One

121 movie Reviews with Responses

All 413 Reviews

Majestic In It's Own Way

It was as if the pages of a person's notebook were turning before my eyes. The randomly drawn doodles interacting through the notebook. Your animation ran quite smoothly and it your choice of how to use random moments was very good. Your artwork was also great for this type of flash and the music choice was superb.
You've done an excellent job on this flash.

*Great Artwork
*Story [ R a n d o m ]
*Kept My Attention

blackcat2000 responds:

Doodles... *drool*
If the moments seemed random, would it explain it if I said I made them up as I animated? ;)
The music was chosen because initially i just wanted to keep the file small, so I chose a loop, and it happened to fit... so i stuck with it! Thanks for the review! :)

Reminded Me Of Something...

This reminded me of Ren and Stimpy. The classic cartoon comedy which isn't overboard, but just enough humor to keep you entertained. The animation was superb as well as the artwork. The sound was masterful! The story was great as well. You have done a fantastic job!

*Masterful Sound
*Superb Story
*Very Funny

ZekeySpaceyLizard responds:

"This reminded me of Ren and Stimpy. "

Pretty Good...

I like the first music scene, it was funny, the second one when I heard the music I was expecting something more funny than what you presented, it was good, but there should've been more. The last scene was a bit pitiful really... I don't know why you chose such a hard song to work with, it was basically nothing to tell the truth. Your animation was greatly done, but I'm not going to give you points for artwork since it wasn't yours.

[ Artwork Points Disabled : Art done by JohnnyUtah w/permission ]
*Funny
*Creative

*Could've Been Better
*Could've Been Longer

SockMyDink responds:

Thanks for the well constructed review.

I know I kinda got lazy on the last scene.

Thanks for the good points, and I'll definately work on a longer, better number 2!

- SMD

Nicely Done...

Your artwork and animation were very well done. Also I enjoyed the story you told. However, your skills of combining the music and voice was a little off. Now then the flash was very good, but it was way too short... if you don't mind could you please finish it?

*Great Story

*Voice Acting and Music Not Balanced
*Too Short

Dew responds:

Thanks.

Spot On... Spot On...

This series does have great potential. Although the artwork is sloppy I think it's supposed to be to give it that effect. The 49 Guy is a character that I think will make a stand here on Newgrounds. Now then your animation was well done, to be honest nothing wrong. The graphics were also pretty well done as well. However the voice acting could've been better, but it was alright for what it was.

*Very Funny
*Good Artwork
*Great Sound
*Great Story

*Voice Acting

MagicTree responds:

Thanks for the great review, the voice acting is done through a pretty shit mic and i can't afford a better one but i'll try and improve the next one

Classic Clock Crew

These shorts were funny, but you could've had more shorts. Other than that I loved the animation and the sound was your basic Clock Crew sound effects so nothing really wrong there however judging a flash I have to keep everything fair. After viewing this flash I did enjoy it and would consider watching it again.

*Funny
*Good Sound

*More Shorts
*The Voice (I have to be fair to other flashes)

Pelemus-McSoy responds:

I agree, there should have been more, but the problem is I'm not a natural comedian. I came upon most of the jokes by luck, and the others I managed to pull together.

I'm thinking that if I make another (keyword: if) I'm gonna base them off some of my favourite jokes! :3

Unfortunately for the voices, though, the Clock Crew uses Speakonia, and it has low quality voices, so I could try something radical and call upon a voice actor or two for the next one.

Thanks for the thorough review!

~Pelo

Doesn't Seem Like Months and Months of Labor

First off this is a great idea and could be quite useful, but what you need is to give it more flare to it. Make it more colorful, more shiny! Also a pause button wouldn't hurt either and pictures would also give this greatness as well. You're on the right track you just need to spruce it up.

*Great Idea

*Needs More
*Pause Button Is Essential Need

Nomader responds:

Don't worry. If I ever do make another installment, it'll be quality over crap. I think. :D

I'll try to add the buttons in... it's been a rather large criticism from most of the reviewers here, so I'll see if I can fix it by the next installment.

Thanks for the review!

Helpful Advice

First of all since this is a loop I'm not going to give you anything great out of it. Now then try starting the music when the movie plays instead of at the preloader. Also your work with sprites is great, but I want more of a story with it next time okay. I don't know how to compress mp3 files, but if you venture over to the Flash Forums I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

*Good With Sprites
*Nice Sound

*Put More Together

zagfrog responds:

thx 4 the advice, i'll try & give my next flashes more storyline =)

Bravo Good Sir Bravo Indeed!

I see this reaching the frontpage very quickly indeed. The songs, the artwork, the animation all came together so smoothly! Plus the sheer randomness put into each and every short was just magnificent. In which that is what randomness is supposed to be... humor with no effort. Also each song gave each short its well deserved honor. I see a sequel in the future I really do.

*Hilarious
*Superb Randomness

squeakytoad responds:

Yeah, I think this group of animators fits perfectly with Andrew's songs.
We're a pretty random lot and we were just kicking back and having fun with it, much like his awesome tunes.

Maybe we'll do more in the future, once he's had time to release a bunch of new ones (though there are still hundreds that remain unanimated). This was definitely a great experience.

Glad you enjoyed!

I'm Gonna Be Honest With You

This wasn't really good. You can do better with sprites than this. First off the music at the beginning that you chose was just horrible, I'm glad the rest of the music you chose was good. Also the first joke was funny, but could've used more of a punchline. Your second joke was okay not the funniest in the world. Your last joke was basically pitiful. This was far too short and was not given enough effort... I say you try again and then we'll see if it should be in the Mario collection.

*Okay With Sprites
*Kind Of Funny

*Need Better Punchlines
*Too Short
*Sprites Need More Work
*Put More Care Into Picking Songs

Nickclick2 responds:

You said: "*Put More Care Into Picking Songs"

Really, I just had the sound too loud.

30, Male