View Profile The-Great-One

121 movie Reviews with Responses

All 413 Reviews

Ya Got Skills...

Well the animation with the fight scenes were amazing for a sprite based flash. The music was chosen pretty well and the sound effects were down to a T. That's all I can really say about this though. You have the skills, you just need a storyline. Something more original if you will. I'm not saying this is bad, believe me it's not, it's just the same old same old, and it didn't really have an ending either. Check out the Writing Forum here on Newgrounds or find a writer to write a Mario based story for you.

*Superb Animaton
*Superb Music
*Good Story

Diogo544 responds:

i alredy found one writer :D

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

The artwork was quite masterful to be honest. Capturing the expressions of the little boy as well as the cute forest animals, I think what did it for me was the way you presented the wintery forest of the blanket covered pines. I know this might be going a bit too far, but your artwork in this reminds me of the art in the legendary "Calvin & Hobbes" comic strips. The animation is also masterful giving emotion with each and every move. It is sad that there is no sound in this, but that would take away from the beautiful music choice you made... it fit the flash movie. The concept of this is pretty basic, snow apocalypse or the lesser effects of an avalance, basic stuff, but you gave it a more wacky side which goes back to the classic "Looney Tunes" cartoons. Overall this is a delightful flash movie that I would love to see again and again and again.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Superb Music
*Superb Concept

DonkeysBazooka responds:

now thats what i call a review!

Let'sa Go!

The animation here was quite superb I must say. It just flowed so well. The sound was a bit of an issue... some songs were scratchy while others weren't, not a big issue, but still somewhat of a flaw. The story in which I mean the jokes were hilarious, I especially liked the one with the 1-UP. All I can say is that was awesome! I can't wait to see what video game character you pick next to do this with.

*Sound - Some Songs Scratchy

MarioFlashMovies responds:

Next: Kirby!
Thanks for your review man! :P

The Start of an Epic Series!

Your artwork and animation are completely superb, very comical looking as well. The sound is beautiful... kudos to David Orr. The voice acting is spot on and hilarious especially from your part. The main point here is the storyline... I honestly can't wait to see what happens next. Like I said it's the start of a wonderful series.

*Outstandingly Hilarious!

Jazza responds:

thank you so much, seriously after months of solid work and no real feedback to hear this is really nice. thank you.

LMAO!

Well the artwork is great and the animation superb. The black and white tone with the small uses of color really work for this. The sound was all chosen very well and the voice acting was great. The storyline had some cliche moments, especially at the end with the conversation between the officer and the Facebook Guy, it was dragged on which made the story predictable, but overall still hilarious. We all knew exactly what was going to happen and we had no problem with it. A nice little parody of a problem in the world today that I'm sure even SardonicSamurai would get a chuckle out of. Overall a delightful flash to brighten one's day, can't wait for the sequel involving Twitter.

*Great Artwork
*Great Story

Sh0T-D0wN responds:

:D!

We Didn't Start The Fire

Your artwork and animation are both good, nice and simplistic from both the fire, the rock, and the smoke, but there really isn't much to grade here now is there. There is no true story except that we see a little fireball get hit by a rock and die. The sound was good, a good background music choice and a nice little sound effect, but not much else. The real problem with this flash is it's way too short. You have an interesting idea here, but didn't really build on it.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Good Sound
*Okay Story

*Way Too Short

up-a-notch responds:

he way to short part will be fixed as i am making longer animations like this

Cute and Loveable

The artwork is superb and the animation is great. I loved the details on the red balloon from happiness to fright and to death. The story was an interesting one this was a tragic flash movie while at the same time an endearing one. The sound is superb, I loved the choices you made... however one problem you need to fix is after the credits the music doesn't stop and you're given a choice to replay the flash, upon doing so the music from the credits keeps playing while the flash is replaying... this can be fixed.

*Great Animation

Spune responds:

Yes thanks for pointing that out I forgot. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Consideration or Whining?

Your artwork and animation are good. I like the expressions on your character. The voice was scratchy, perhaps you should fix that the next time you record a voice. There is no story, no plot, no randomness... just you complaining about being BLAMMED. It wasn't even funny. All in all I can only hope you'll progess better within the flash portal. Not sure what to tell you here. The flash was short and you basically said "fuck you" to those who BLAMMED you. So all I can judge you on is your artwork, animation, and voice.

*Good Artwork
*Good Animation
*Okay Voice

*Story - Just You Complaining

zerek44 responds:

thank you for you feed back ive taken that into consideration. (for reals i amm not a sarcastic person)

Hilarious!

Although there isn't much going on when it comes down to Resident Evil, this is certainly a stand alone funny flash movie. Your artwork and animation are both great. The voice acting is superb. However the storyline is what makes this whole flash. I loved it from beginning to end. My only complaint is you could've made it a little bit more about Resident Evil 4 and made it a bit longer. Overall this is an enjoyable flash to watch and it certainly brightened my day to see it.

*Great Artwork
*Great Animation

|| Bad Points ||
*Parody - Resident Evil 4?

Eddache responds:

The aim wasn't really to parody RE4, but use it as a setting for these characters. That way, it can be accessible to people, even if they've never played an RE game. There are plenty of hidden RE references within the flash though. But thanks for your review.

The Beast Awakens

The artwork and animation are both quite superb, the voice acting is also quite superb, the sound was superb as well. However the story is where this flash really hits home. I for one love a good parody and this was fucking hilarious! It kind of sucks though that you gave us a cliffhanger ending, now you're gonna have to make another one and give us an epic fight scene. Overall the flash was enjoyable to watch, it made me laugh, and it actually kind of made me feel sorry for Dr. Foreman, but I got over it.

*Outstandingly Hilarious!

*Cliffhanger Ending

Phobotech responds:

Ya feel remorse for DrForeman?

I'll be sure to play on that before the fight scene in the sequel. :D

Great review! Thanks very much!

30, Male