View Profile The-Great-One

121 movie Reviews with Responses

All 413 Reviews

Potential - Writing,,, No.

I'll admit I thought I was in for a small treat when I decided to watch this flash movie, however I was let down a bit. The artwork was very nice, it reminded me of Another Day. The sound was also nice as well... the only thing I didn't like was the story. From the title I expected the Nintendo Gamecube to blow up, it did, but you didn't make it as entertaining as I was hoping for... in a nutshell, the story wasn't that good. Even if this story is based off of true events you could've spiced it up a bit. One thing I would like to mention is this Wolf character. I would like you to have him reappear later on, I have ideas for him if you would like them. All in all good artwork, animation, and sound, but the story not so much.

*Superb Artwork

*Boring Story

LordHayden responds:

All right, I'll admit that it wasn't all that great.
As for the Wolf guy, he is a mouse-drawn, fbf, prototype of me. I certainly would like some ideas though, I'll appreciate you sharing them.
I'm not disappointed that you thought the story was not so great, it's not one of my best Flashes.

Hilarious!

I found this quite hilarious! However the sound was a bit off, but not too badly. Some gags were funny, but not the best jokes, but it made for build up for bust out laughing. It all came together quite well. As for the animation for other parts of the flash like the coins or the bouncy ball, maybe you could've added that as well, but you made up for it with the comedy.

*Very Funny

(none)

Bomber109 responds:

Thanks.

The sound is off due to some glitch where the best remedy is to code to the sounds in. However, then the preloader doesn't work as well.

Jammin Story Telling

Nicely done, nicely done indeed, not bad either. The artwork could've been a little bit better especially with the knife. The animation ran very smoothly with the theme you were going for you did great. It told a story and an interesting at that. This is one flash movie I wouldn't mind watching again.

*Great Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Superb Story
*Very Interesting

*Minor Improvements

MarcyVF responds:

Thanks! We appreciate reviewers like you :)

Creepy, Scary, Glitch?

Yes there is a glitch. The credits music keeps looping when you go to replay the movie. Other than that I very much enjoyed this... it was creepy, I was expecting one of those stupid overused screamers, but it was in fact creepy nostalgia on it's own. Alice certainly is an odd character and I wouldn't mind you continuing this into a series. Your artwork was nothing more than just superb, the sound was superb as well with your choice of music, but I think you could've picked something else for the credits. As the last note in detail, a very nice flash just fix that glitch.

*Superb Artwork
*Superb Animation
*Superb Story
*Scary Nostalgia

*Glitch - Music at Credits

M1K3-B responds:

Wow, thank you very much. As for the music, sorry. You can just close it and open it again for a quick fix. I'll fix it when i get some time. Thank you again.

Funny, then weird.

Well the joke was quite funny, however after the joke was basically told when three mysterious creatures appear out of nowhere within the dark, that's all we got... nothing else. Your artwork was nice, and the sound superb. Plus the animation ran very smoothly. A nice flash altogether. The storyline was a parody, but the ending was the only complaint I have.

*Funny

*Confused Story (Ending)

Psychopath responds:

Yeah it is confusing. Unless you've seen the movies and then the rest from there is just confusing. Thanks I appreciate it.

Not Good

This wasn't good man, but at the same time it wasn't the worst for a beginner. First off your animations were quite good and your artwork isn't too shabby either. However there was no sound, no story, and it was way too short to really be that entertaining. I'll admit you're not that bad with flash and this isn't a bad start, you can certainly improve over time with learning, as well as trial and error.

*No Story
*No Sound
*Way Too Short

sneekyboy responds:

thank you nice review i will admit im not that good yet but i am still learnin :) i will get better

Very Informative

Nicely done I must say, you did a nice job on this, however in 2004 you forgot when Newgrounds was renamed to Numagrounds for the Numa Numa Dance. Your artwork and animation was good, but my one complaint was narration, you sounded quite boring.

*Great Story

|| Bad Points ||
*Narration was Boring (Sound Point)

Insanimation responds:

Thanks, but the narration as actually Nerky, the co-author....And I didn't have to put in EVERYTHING about Newgrounds...I didn't include Alien Hominid at all either, nor Clocks, Locks, Socks, Cocks or Rocks...

Um... What?

Okay, what was the point? All I saw was some guy's huge dick and possibly himself sticking a cigarette in the hole in his dick. Alright, well first off you have done a very nice job on Artwork and animation, however your story was way too short. You also made a very nice choice in music as well.

*Great Artwork

*Bad Story
*Way Too Short

Buzzwerd responds:

I didn't think you'd actually review this... I made it 10 minutes. Oh well, thanks I guess? Hilarious how you gave it a 7.

Poor Jimmy...

Well let me start off by saying that I'm not going to unleash holy hell on this flash, because well, you've brought back the certain flavor that used to grace Newgrounds when Newgrounds just started out. I do believe you will improve over time and I did enjoy this and would love to see more from this Jimmy. Your artwork wasn't good, but there was enough to put the imagination to work, like Atari. It was random, but entertaining. I did enjoy it as well as the bit of music. Something fun to send to someone no doubt. I suggest you work on your drawing as well as making your next flash longer.

*Good Story
*Okay Animation
*Random (Funny)

*Bad Artwork
*Too Short

Pachira responds:

I used a graphics tablet on this one! The reason it's too short is because I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

C or B?

Well, first off I'm disabling all points due to this flash, I am in no mood to give an explanation and I don't think I have to. This is a sad attempt at another big thing, I must admit I voted 5 out of sheer humor, however C will never be what B be today.

|| Points Disabled ||

joza1 responds:

Disabling points? OK....
Thanxies for the 5 anyway, even though you don't like it.

30, Male