View Profile The-Great-One

121 movie Reviews with Responses

All 413 Reviews

I Must Eat Yogurt Off Of You

I should first start with the music, case in point, the song. Dear lord what the fuck just happened. It was like an awkward seduction that I didn't quite understand, but at the same time enjoyed. I will admit though the part of the father never loving him was a bit weird and it just seems distracting. The artwork is superb with it's surreal images and sexual endeavor coming at you and it all flows so well that combined with the lyrics and beat of the song makes for the trip into the deepest part of your sexual desire. It's like a stalker made a music video for you, which is flattering, but creepy. Overall this was quite comical while at the same time just bizarre which if you know me I thrive off of the bizarre works of artists.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks, i like your stalker take on it that's an interesting way of looking at it.

Looked Good On Paper

Your artwork and animation were both quite superb, I like this style of animation. However this flash movie does have it's flaws. First there is no sound which is a downfall to this, because I really expected some sound effects. No sound effects would've been fine if you chose a good song, and although the song you chose was a good song, it didn't fit this flash. Besides that it was too short. Oh yeah and the song loops over itself when you hit replay, which is actually a big problem in my book. Overall it looked good, but that's about it.

*Okay Music
*Good Story

*Story - Too Short
*Music - Didn't Fit
*Sound - Needed Some

De-Line responds:

well i appreciate the review,
The music looping is just a tired mistake, i finished this last night and put the music on n went to bed, i forgot that that happens.
But i have to say i do agree with your points, i would have liked to make this much longer, and have the music sort of follow the action, liek in old looney tunes cartoons. This is all food for the next holiday though!
i am glad you thought it looked good atleast, thanks.

Bravo!

Well the artwork was superb, with the designs for each character being creative and fun, it's nice to see what you've done here with the Madness concept. The animation is also superb, moving very smoothly. The music choice was in my opinion a masterful choice, it just fit so well with this flash. The sound effects were superb and didn't really distract from the flash. The story is simple, but a bit too short I wanted to see more, but I didn't get it. Overall a great way to kick off Madness Day.

*Great Story

*Story - Short

Ypok responds:

Yes, David Orr makes really nice music. This track he actually made for the the new Behemoth game, so I was thinking about a whole Dan-Paladin style to go with it.
Thanks a lot.

Meh.

The artwork is good. Looks like a lesser quality version of the original Madness characters, but it's still good. The animation is good for what was here. The sound effects are good again for what was here. The music was bad, just a generic heavy metal song thrown in. Story is nearly non-existent just a short zombie thing. Overall this is something I'd expect to see in a Madness Collab, not a stand alone flash movie. Pretty run-of-the-mill to be honest.

*Good Animation
*Good Sound
*Okay Story

*Bad Music

CapnChaos responds:

Thanks for an honest, well written review. As I wrote in the description, very last second, made the night before in under an hour.

The music was more than anything just a play on the fact that zombie films generally contain generic thrash metal. I just found the most run-of-the-mill metal band i had in my hard drive.

So Many References So Little Time

REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

The dream world is an amazing place to be. I'm sorry that I can't really judge you on artwork due to this being a sprite movie, however I can judge you on everything else. The animation is simply amazing. Everything flows so smoothly and it really makes you believe it to be an actual game, hell most of the ideas in here could be actual games like what you did with the Pac-Man part of this dream. The sound effects were all chosen and matched up perfectly. The music choices were outstanding and I loved hearing every single one. The storyline is just genius and one that could probably only come from being within the dream world. Just seeing all the games you referenced and combined together, the first part of this dream was a combination of Contra, Metroid, Metal Gear, Castlevania, and even Bionic Commando. The next part had us in the world of Pac-Man destroying ghosts Bomberman style with a little The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past thrown in. After that we come to Balloon Fight with your sprite taking full advantage of the mechanics found in Duck Tales and Dig Dug, then exiting the level VIA candy from Little Nemo the Dream Master. Thus we enter Super Mario Bros. 3 and finish with a Mega Man Robot Master by using your hammer from Super Mario Bros. 3, whip from Castlevania, and a hadouken from Street Fighter to finish the fight. It was all put together so well and I for one would not mine seeing Dream 2 - Entering Dream Land. A wonderful film overall.

*Masterful Sound

|| Overall Score - 9.5 ||

OrinCreed responds:

Thanks for the amazing review! I hope IDIR2 doesn't disappoint once I finish it. :)

Beautiful and Comical

The artwork in this is quite superb, capturing a lowly city of life and I'm guessing a child's reactions to the city. The animation on this character is also superb, seeing him cross the street isn't hilarious, but it is funny and you also wonder what would happen if he got hit by the car, however watching him just fall into the manhole makes it even funnier. Which wraps up into a truly masterful story, you're on the edge of your seat, but at the same time you're chuckling to yourself, which is use of great artwork and wonderful storytelling. The small bit of music and sound effects combined were both superb, it was simplistic yet made you feel as if you were there with him.

*Superb Story

gzilbalodis responds:

Great to hear that you liked the sound effects because that was the stuff I was most worried about people not liking it.

Interesting

Well the artwork is good, what artwork is here anyways. The music was an interesting choice, but I'm not sure what it's about or what is really going on in the flash. The animation is actually great, everything moved quite well, but it is such a short flash and what did move wasn't spectacular. The story... well I don't know if there was a story being told or not. This flash confused the hell out of me, but overall for you first it was okay.

*Great Animation
*Good Music
*Good Story

LordViral responds:

^_^ Thank you! :3

A Small Story

The artwork and animation are both masterful. I really have to give you credit on both of those, the style and movements of the cat and the butterfly are just wonderful. The world in which they live in is breathtaking all on it's own. The sound effects were masterful as well, being as simplistic as needed be, but giving attention to detail as well as being quirky when not needing to be, but to envoke the cuteness that this flash intended on doing. The music is masterful as well, going perfect with each emotion and setting nicely. The story is masterful as well, but confusing at the most. This seems like one of those flash movies you interpret the meaning of like another flash on Newgrounds entitled -IF-. Overall this flash is an astounding piece of work and I can only expect greater things from you in the future.

*Masterful Artwork
*Masterful Animation
*Masterful Sound

manuelberja responds:

thanks dude,i'll never stop creating flash!
thanks!

Excellent Once Again

The artwork and animation are both quite superb, I didn't expect any disappointment after coming from the first LARRY. The sound effects are also superb capturing a lot going on here. The music is masterful, I really have no complaints on that, DavidOrr has done it again. The storyline is also masterful, with the story being comical, understandable, and just crazy enough to be as sane as it can be. I see these two characters playing roles in future LARRY episodes seeing as they're trying to find their way home.

*Masterful Voice

Jazza responds:

thank you very much for such an extensive review. i assure you theres room for improvement but you blindness flatters me :)

The Reason is Unabsolute

First off I want to talk about the artwork, the visuals this presented were good, nothing spectacular, but they were good, a twisted dimension could've been drawn better, but to give you more points for the inner sanctum of you mind wouldn't be fair. The animation was great, all the objects and characters flowed quite smoothly, but it could've been touched up here and there. The sound, well I don't think there was any sound or minimal sound it's kind of hard to tell, but for this case I won't judge you on it on the fact of being unsure. The music is interesting... it brings you in and then it warps your brain, that combined with the story warps your mentality. Speaking of which, what is going on here with the story, I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I want to know why I liked it. It's like was taken on this journey that was the illusion of storytelling, but we actually saw something that went together to that of a story. All in all this was a messed up animation, but I liked it.

*Great Animation
*Confused Story

Dapper responds:

There is no story, completely surrealistic. I'm trying to improve my animation even slightly more in my next flash like this, and I may make it a bit more disturbing ^-^

Thanks for reviewing!