View Profile The-Great-One

243 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

Outstanding!

This is a wonderful loop! It loops quite well and is very action packed. I don't think you need to add anymore to this really, it works wonderfully as a loop and can be used for title screens or credits.

I simply loved this, the beats were all great! Keep up the good work!

Manhart responds:

Thanks a lot dude ! Hmm I might just add some minor details to it, and then maybe just leave it as this loop, as you suggest me to :)

Poing Poing Poing

I think I might actually have a use for this believe it or not. Well it is short and simple, but it should at least actually loop well.

DJ-Galax responds:

Alright, thanks!

Awesomeness

I truly enjoy the song. It's just outstanding to listen to over and over again. It could be used for platformers as well as puzzle games or adventure games. Truly outstanding 8-Bit Work.

MikeTaylor responds:

Thanks a lot Great-One, I'm glad you liked it!

Begin The Game

This sounds like when you start a video game and you're in the town that you must explore, or better yet the opening cutscene, it would suit better for an opening scene since most opening scenes last 5-10 minutes long.

Anyways the beats were all nicely done although it did tend to be a little repetitive, therefore just dragging the song out. You do know your stuff though I will admit that. All in all a great song.

Yodamanjaro responds:

1. It's a trance track. lol
2. It's trance, being repetitive by its nature of its genre.
3. Thank you for your review!

A Brilliant Step Up

I honestly didn't see how you could improve on your song Moments of Inspiration, but with these pointers you certainly have. It sends tingles down my spine every time I listen to this song. I doubt you could improve this song any farther than you have now and to try and do so will only lead you into a cycle of turmoil and you will have only defeated yourself. All in all a wonderful improvement.

KTRECORDS responds:

I always knew that there could be something more done to the song, but I couldn't never find it. Fortunately I asked WF1 if he could give me a few tips and then he just took it to the next level for me. We still pass ideas back in forth on it, so who knows... maybe someday there will be another update, lol!

-Jason
KTRECORDS

Storms Tell The Story

Two friends, from different worlds they come from, but within the same universe. A humble contest, battle if you will, within the raining skies above them. They unleash hell upon each other from the utmost kindness. An avalanche of music cascading notes throughout the air. A duel is here amongst two artists. It is as if a battle between techno and classical music has taken place, surely something wonderful to watch and behold. If only it were possible, besides through imagination.

Sorry for my story above. I tend to write a small story of what I pictured in my mind when listening to some songs. This piece between you two is really beautiful and I truly enjoyed every bit of it. The rain does symbolize something, from all the hard work the rain washes away all the stress and sweat that went into making the song and makes you feel happier upon your work. The rain sound in the background was a really nice touch to this entire song.

Certainly a wonderful battle that I've heard here today. I would not mind if you two decided to duel again in the near future.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

ObsidianSnow responds:

Don't apologize - I love it when people write stories like that. Lets me see the music in a whole new way. I really enjoyed your interpretation, too.

I found your review really insightful. Thank you for the awesome review and the time you spent to write it, The-Great-One.

Pretty Cool

It was quite nice, however the title is odd. I didn't sense anything resembling pirates in this entire song. It's got some cool beats and what you did with the snare was quite cool. However it seemed repetitive at times. On a really good note is it loops perfectly, even though it's not a loop. Would make good game background music.

Box-Killa responds:

Yeah everybody says the title is odd. Chronomaut said it would fit well in a pirating window lol.

:D pritty cool song :D thx for review bizatch

A Mess

This song had some good parts to it, but other than that from time to time it was just a jumbled mess really. I can see this as a base track, just something you do to see if you like it, and then afterwards you make changes to it later on. Revamp this song and reupload it, because it does have potential.

Garma responds:

Thanks
I was thinking about changing up some parts since they dont really seem to fit too well.
Will do some changes to it soon once i get around to it
haha

Not Too Shabby

This is a really good techno song. Not to repetitive and has a nice blend of weird yet nice beats to it. Quite nice. Seems like boredom took over with the making of this didn't it?

Box-Killa responds:

Yes bordem indeed, it ate my whole Sunday making it. Thx for the review :D

Absolutely Amazing!

Although it isn't exactly Classical, it's still a wonderful piece. You have taken the beauty of Classical music and put your own twist on it. If only we could hear the full project though. I can sense pirates within this piece, the smell of the salty sea and the waves that move the ship. You sir have done quite well and I'm surprised that your name isn't known throughout Newgrounds more. Bravo!

sshafty1 responds:

Well that may be the most flattering comment I have ever received.

I love you?