The-Great-One

251 Audio Reviews w/ Response

All 506 Reviews

Hmm...

It truly is a beautiful song, but during the rap parts, that guitar kind of ruined the song. The lyrics are outstandingly wonderful. My only gripe is that guitar and it makes the song a bit unbearable to listen to. I say release another version of this song without the guitar and you'd have a very beautiful song.

Mackity responds:

I respect that, the beat was made by an artist here on NG though named edge of faith.. We never really confirmed with her or anything we just liked the beat and made a track with it.. I mean maybe if she agree'd to it then I'd definatly be down but revisions to the beat aren't up to me :(

Ah, This is Rap!

This is certainly a great rap song, one of the best ones I've heard in a long time. Nice and simple and doesn't require a lot of bass to be good, it stands alone as a song. The beats were all quite nice, I think you could've experimented more though. What really makes this song what it is are the lyrics which are outstandingly wonderful... and of course the vocals were some of the best I've heard for a rap song.

I will most certainly be listening to your work more often.

Mackity responds:

I'm real glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your time. I hope my other works won't upset you. :O

Outstanding!

This is a wonderful loop! It loops quite well and is very action packed. I don't think you need to add anymore to this really, it works wonderfully as a loop and can be used for title screens or credits.

I simply loved this, the beats were all great! Keep up the good work!

Manhart responds:

Thanks a lot dude ! Hmm I might just add some minor details to it, and then maybe just leave it as this loop, as you suggest me to :)

Poing Poing Poing

I think I might actually have a use for this believe it or not. Well it is short and simple, but it should at least actually loop well.

DJ-Galax responds:

Alright, thanks!

Awesome Celtic Music

I've said it once and I'll say it again, we need a Celtic genre here on Newgrounds. This is a wonderful celtic song and in one way it reminded me of the video game Spyro the Dragon. Perfect in every way I don't believe there is anything to improve on.

Archawn responds:

Thanks! I'm happy to see so many good reviews!

Awesomeness

I truly enjoy the song. It's just outstanding to listen to over and over again. It could be used for platformers as well as puzzle games or adventure games. Truly outstanding 8-Bit Work.

MikeTaylor responds:

Thanks a lot Great-One, I'm glad you liked it!

Begin The Game

This sounds like when you start a video game and you're in the town that you must explore, or better yet the opening cutscene, it would suit better for an opening scene since most opening scenes last 5-10 minutes long.

Anyways the beats were all nicely done although it did tend to be a little repetitive, therefore just dragging the song out. You do know your stuff though I will admit that. All in all a great song.

Yodamanjaro responds:

1. It's a trance track. lol
2. It's trance, being repetitive by its nature of its genre.
3. Thank you for your review!

A Brilliant Step Up

I honestly didn't see how you could improve on your song Moments of Inspiration, but with these pointers you certainly have. It sends tingles down my spine every time I listen to this song. I doubt you could improve this song any farther than you have now and to try and do so will only lead you into a cycle of turmoil and you will have only defeated yourself. All in all a wonderful improvement.

KTRECORDS responds:

I always knew that there could be something more done to the song, but I couldn't never find it. Fortunately I asked WF1 if he could give me a few tips and then he just took it to the next level for me. We still pass ideas back in forth on it, so who knows... maybe someday there will be another update, lol!

-Jason
KTRECORDS

Storms Tell The Story

Two friends, from different worlds they come from, but within the same universe. A humble contest, battle if you will, within the raining skies above them. They unleash hell upon each other from the utmost kindness. An avalanche of music cascading notes throughout the air. A duel is here amongst two artists. It is as if a battle between techno and classical music has taken place, surely something wonderful to watch and behold. If only it were possible, besides through imagination.

Sorry for my story above. I tend to write a small story of what I pictured in my mind when listening to some songs. This piece between you two is really beautiful and I truly enjoyed every bit of it. The rain does symbolize something, from all the hard work the rain washes away all the stress and sweat that went into making the song and makes you feel happier upon your work. The rain sound in the background was a really nice touch to this entire song.

Certainly a wonderful battle that I've heard here today. I would not mind if you two decided to duel again in the near future.

Sincerely,
The-Great-One

ObsidianSnow responds:

Don't apologize - I love it when people write stories like that. Lets me see the music in a whole new way. I really enjoyed your interpretation, too.

I found your review really insightful. Thank you for the awesome review and the time you spent to write it, The-Great-One.

Pretty Cool

It was quite nice, however the title is odd. I didn't sense anything resembling pirates in this entire song. It's got some cool beats and what you did with the snare was quite cool. However it seemed repetitive at times. On a really good note is it loops perfectly, even though it's not a loop. Would make good game background music.

Box-Killa responds:

Yeah everybody says the title is odd. Chronomaut said it would fit well in a pirating window lol.

:D pritty cool song :D thx for review bizatch

31, Male