View Profile The-Great-One

243 audio Reviews with Responses

All 479 Reviews

The Misty Battlefront

As the soldiers take their first steps onto the field, they are aware of what awaits them, a grim fate, a happiness of victory, the love of another, and the fate that lies ahead of them they cannot choose for they must rely on instinct and instinct alone. They must lead themselves as they are about to come to the line of life and death, some will come to the point of choosing their fate, live to see their loved ones again, or die to give someone else that chance, and when the music stops the war begins...

I have spun a grim yarn here today, your music brings out the passion of writing in me, in fact this piece has cleared my writer's block and I'm ready to continue writing. Thank You...

HAVE A NICE DAY!
:D

Sincerely,

MaestroRage responds:

Writers block... how I hateth thee >:(. Whenever I get a writers block, I tear my hair out because I KNOW what it should sound like, but it's just always just beyond my grasp.

Muses come and go, and always they never leave a number in case I need to reach them.

The swine.

In any case, the story is well written. There is one phrase here, which I found especially interesting

"some will come to the point of choosing their fate, live to see their loved ones again, or die to give someone else that chance"

To think, you would have had to make a choice, to die for your friends, or live to see their own funerals. War demands the most difficult questions, with the most vulgar answers.

It was a moment I enjoyed living in.

I am glad your writers block went away. There is no joy greater for me then to start hearing what it is I want to hear once more!

Good luck on your writing! I hope the best for you and your journey. Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it ^^

The Deathes of Those

A very masterful piece, listening to your music brings out the best stories from me. I just typed a story in my review, but I'm taking it out just in case someone tries to steal it for their own.

I love listening to your music and I'm glad you're still here to share your talented gift with us all at Newgrounds.

Sincerely,

MaestroRage responds:

Thank you The-Great-One. I enjoy reading your stories! I hope you will share it with me via pm *I havn't checked my pm's yet, maybe you already did?!*. In any case, wether you do or not, is entirely your choice :).

I'll be here for as long as I can. To keep entertaining those who would listen.

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it ^^.

Simply Marvelous

That's all I have to really say about this. It's just simply marvelous. I love the title too, sounds like a good theme to use in a foot race movie. I really love this piece.

Excellent Job!

El-Romano responds:

Woaw man! I didn't expect a review like this one! Thanks a lot!

Darkness Within Light

The beginning shows peaceful tranquil thoughts of a kind of happy town. Then the dark bells begin to toll as shadows come down upon those and when the piano enters it stables a well thought out mini-battle between good and evil. Very good piece, but a little unorganized.

Turning-Japanese responds:

That's quite a bit of imagery you took from this - I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for your review.

Freaky...

It's like some possesed clown tetris! Like Clowns are about to kill you or something. Very good effect though in your audio.

JB-Productions responds:

haha....

Not Bad...

Very good. You actually know how to make a remix of a song. Ever think about remixing a Daft Punk song?

JB-Productions responds:

erm.... dont reli know any daft punk songs??? any ideas..n ill be happy to have a go

Good Ole' Southern Pride!

It's nice to see some people still hold to good old fashioned southern music. You really should do some more Bluegrass music, in fact why not try and recreate "Dueling Banjos". Just a thought if you were wondering. Very well done!

|| Audio Points ||
Total : 13/10
Beat : 2/2
Length : 3/3
Sound : 4/4
Audio : 1/1
Extra : 3/5

Bosa responds:

Hm.. good idea. I might give it a shot.

Background or Credits

This works very well for a game or even a flash movie. Simple Rock. Keep up the good work.

No1r responds:

Hey, thanks for listening, The-Great-One :)

A story unfolds...

The Beginning of the end so to speak. It tells of a funeral, or men coming to the battle front. It may be short, but it's kind of like an introductory piece really.

Great Job.

Karco responds:

Nothing to add... and, actually, this is the ending of a longer song. Hah! Thanks for the review, glad you like it. :)

I Have a title for you...

Call it "Mirror."

A man who wakes up at 7:54 A.M. every morning of everyday and looks in the mirror as the person he is. Eats breakfast at exactly 8:12 A.M. arrives at work at 8:58 everyday works until 5:03 P.M. everyday and goes home. Eats dinner at 8:07 P.M. everyday, showers at 9:33 P.M., looks in the mirror at what he has become and the daily routine that he follows the curse that haunts him within his circle, and he goes to bed at 11:34 P.M. every night. He dreams of the dreams that he may be lifted of such curse, but when he awakes at 7:54 A.M. he knows it is just a dream and goes about not really seeing the true person with the mirror and he can not resolve it in anyway.

Beautiful classical piece by the way. It tells me a story of worlds untold and releases my creativity, as you see above. I like it very much. Greatness flows through your mind and you should be thankful to have it.

-Ciao.

Karco responds:

Interesting title and interesting story, The-Great-One. The only thing the title doesn't fit is my inspiration - otherwise, I like it. :) Same goes for the story. Something struck me about your ending: You might not have had this in mind but it ends, for the most part, in the same way it begins - and the note (literally) this song ends on is not only the same one that it starts with, but also played by the same instrument.

Heh, what compliments! :D I wouldn't call it greatness as much as I'd call it Musical talent and creativity. Hah! It's good to know some people like my songs that much. Glad you like my song, thanks for reviewing.

Male